Sailing!

Hello,

my name is Dixon. I just moved to Piraeus and I want to learn to Sail.

The two sailing schools I have spoken to (HORC and YCG) offer courses at the weekend, but I'm free Monday to Friday and not at the weekend! And the former only do a course in Greek.

Does anyone here have advice or even go sailing in the week and would like a new British crew member?

Many thanks for reading this,

Dixon

Hi Dixon!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

hey dixon

you can check this site to see if they fit your needs
http://www.aegeansailingschool.com/
their base is located at Aegina (a nearby island) but you can be there in 35 minutes with a 'flying dolphin' from Piraeus

regards
George

Hey guys...
Im also looking to learn some sailing.. but i have some friends visiting from abroad for about one week and would like to join...
I heard that there are 5 consecutive day training courses which are given but im not sure where they are ( islands or the acoast of athens ) or who to contact for info..
Any help would be appreciated

If you can get to Aegina, by flying dolphin from Piraeus, there is an excellent sailing school called Aegean Sailing School.  They have a web site.  It is run by a British couple called George and Melody Burton who are extremely helpful.  They would,probably be able to arrange a mid week course for you.  I have sailed with them many times and thoroughly recommend them.  Let me know how you get on.

My husband and I sailed our yacht from England, spent several weeks in The Ionian and hope,to over winter in the Aegean.

Hi just saw the post,
Have been sailing boats for quite some years - do anybody know if there is a sailing club for racing here in Athens?