5 good reasons for living in Libya

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Libya, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

Wow!!  looks like I am the first!  Let me give it a go:  :)

1) The people
2) The culture
3) The landscape
4) The architecture
5) The history / heritage

Hope that helps!!  :)  I wanted to say:

1) The people
2) The people
3) The people
4) The people
5) The people

Just to show what an amazing group of people Libyans are - but while Libya is MOSTLY about the people themselves - she is more than that!!  So I added my official "Top 5".....  :D

What other things make you want to live AND STAY  here?.... anyone?...  ;)

Jenni

due to these reasons I want to stay in Libya, and now looking for something to do than stay over there

Hi Jenni,

your statement about libyan people was great, many thanks for your valuable words

Pleasure, Leptis!!  :-) Glad you liked it!  :-)

Bizpuls - glad you liked those reasons - and that they are yours too!!  Come over as soon as you can!!  ;-)

Dear Jenni, I need guideline that how is the easiest way to come, I am a business graduate (MBA)having 12+years experience finance and HR in this connection how I can come?

Hello bizpuls, can you please start a new thread on the Libya forum with your questions on jobs? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Bizpuls as Aurelie has said - this is not the post or the forum to discuss jobs - please keep to the topic.  The only suggestion i can give to you is apply through the usual channels as most of us did.  I came originally though Libyan Investments...maybe try that?..I am sure if you google things like "jobs in Libya - you will find something.  But please stop asking in posts that are not related to your request, about jobs...  :-/  Thank you...  :-)

bizpuls wrote:

Dear Jenni, I need guideline that how is the easiest way to come, I am a business graduate (MBA)having 12+years experience finance and HR in this connection how I can come?

Dear Jenni,
I am trying it through proper channels not looking job by this forum.

let me try n help....

@bizplus - bhai sahab in logon ka kehna yeh hai ke Libya se related koi bhi post ho wahan job ki request ya guidance na maangein...har post ki apni apni jaga hai is forum mein!!

yahan pe koi aur baat horahi hai aur aap ne mashwara manga aur isi tarhan aik aur jaga pe mein ne aapki post aik meetup discussion mein bhi parhi.

hopefully this will help clarify....

i'll be moving soon INSHAALALH....looking forward to what Jenni has said....and so i have heard about the people of Libya!

:cool:

@fahim007 - Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everybody can understand? :)

PS: To note that we are here discussing on 5 good reasons for living in Libya. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

@Aurélie actually i explained / translated what you guys were trynig to tell in roman URDU to bizplus as i had seen a couple of his posts inquiring about guidance to secure a job in Libya...

no offence intended....was just trying to help!

:)

Hi Aurelie - I think Fahim was just trying to help bijpuls understand in their own language what this particular forum is about....  ;-)

@Fahim: dude you rock.

This country is blessed
1. no vehicle without feul
2. no people sleep empty stomach
3. Khubza(Bread is still 5/quarter
4. people are friendly
5. you can fulfill your dreams here
Thats what I think expats

Well said, naiyersheen!!!  I completely agree!!  :-)

Thanks Jenni. I typed what I feel here. I am born and brought up in Libya so I can understand the atmosphere here. :)

Jenni Red wrote:

Well said, naiyersheen!!!  I completely agree!!  :-)

I will try to list my 5 reasons
1- No parking tickets.
2- No huge and shocking utility and council tax bills.
3- Cheap fuel and food.
4- No freezing cold or 24/7 rain.
5- It's my home sweet home.

But to be realistic I can write an endless list for not to live in Libya. So how about listing the 5 things you do not like in Libya?

@mancunian - We'll soon launch a new thread with the negative points. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello everyone,

I reached Libya in mid October, as expected my top 5 list:

1) People (super friendly, respectful and accomodating)
2) Cheap & Pure Food..plenty of it (over all cost of living as well)
3) Beaches (untouched and clean)
4) Peaceful (sepcially cuz i am based in Ras Lanuf)
5) Gold mine for Enterprenuers (small to large business all options are open as of now)

as i am planing to start business in Libya and am in processes of collecting maximum in information about business atmosphere in Libya.the points mentioned by Mr. Fahim are very much incuraging,however i will request more information about point no 5.

so 5 good reason to be here. Not too complicated life I mean no one in a hurry, no ruls, etc. Second it good weather and fresh veg all year round. Thurd cheap life in general. Forth chance to keep u money in pocket not to spend it all.

Ok "jockey" you mentioned four.....If no one is in a hurry, why do they drive that fast?