YOUNG SOUTH AFRICAN COUPLE MOVING TO AUSTRALIA

We are a young SA couple and we are thinking about moving to Australia.  We are both employed individuals and we both have university degrees.  We have been told by the immigration agency that we are excellent candidates.

are there any South Africans out there that can give us a few tips i.e. what is life like there for a young married couple? crime? living costs compared to SA? culture shock? are the people friendly?

Would appreciate any help and advice

Hi jmretief and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will soon share their experience with you.;)

I invite you to take a look here > South African expatriates in Australia.

Harmonie.

jmretief wrote:

We are a young SA couple and we are thinking about moving to Australia.  We are both employed individuals and we both have university degrees.  We have been told by the immigration agency that we are excellent candidates.

are there any South Africans out there that can give us a few tips i.e. what is life like there for a young married couple? crime? living costs compared to SA? culture shock? are the people friendly?

Would appreciate any help and advice

loads and loads of south african here,, im irish and i have a mate hes south  african ..... u guys will be fine when u arrive  with work and accomadaion etc, where u planning to go??

Cheers Eoin

We are actually not sure yet.  We are going through the motions with the immigration agency, but we are very unsure about the employment processes.  We've heard that Melbourne is a nice place to stay, and that Perth has a lot of job opportunities.

Would you recommend certain states/cities?