Coming soon to swell the expat ranks

I'd like to introduce myself and my wife. I am Darrell and am a recently retired Marketing consultant.  My wife is Candice and is a retired RN. We  are moving to Panama in about a year after a time with my 3 daughters and 6 grandkids in Greensboro N. Carolina. After reading much informative content on the internet we are anxious to hear from people actually on the ground in Panama to get the real story. We love the thought of the David/Queto area with the jungles and rivers.  Love fishing, classic cars, (seems there are no Alfa Romeos in Panama) woodworking, amature gold panning, etc. Please offer any helpful insights and advice you may feel appropriate.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Highest regards,  Darrell

Hi how are you

Nice to meet you

My names is Angie 

I saw u posting.

[Moderated: No free advertisement on the forum please]

I would recommend you  in areas of Boquete City if would you like to  live in cold place.. Province Chiriqui.

Or if  would you like to live   type in a summer   (fresh place) . Coconut Beach itŽs perfect for you . This project is very special and beautiful beach because If you want to buy land to build a beach house there this Coconut Beach, located in Puerto Armuelles City ,Province Chiriqui  . IŽm invite you to visit The link is coconutbeachpanama.com ..   The most beautiful part of this project is to see the sunrise on the beach at home, your own home.
Puerto Armuelles, is very near  to the border with Costa Rica. Frontera. Like 1 hour for shopping centers.

And half an hour from downtown Puerto Armuelles, bank areas, Hospital etc.

have A NIce Day!!!

Thanks for the response and the offer of assistance, Angie.  We are interested in renting, at least for the first year or so, have two small dogs we are bringing with us and are liquidating most of our possesions prior to the move. That means probably a fully furnished rental. (hopefully a small house.) We will be gaining Pensionado status and are interested in a quiet simple life.  We look forward to adopting the local lifestyle, for the most part, as opposed to an expat compound and prefer a home in a natural setting. If you have advice as to these desires I would be most happy to hear it. I also am looking out for any potential scams or predatory tactics that we hear so much about. We are open to all reasonable options. I also see that cars are quite costly there and wonder if economical vehicles are available.

Thanks for any help you can offer,  Darrell

Darrell,

If you want a recommendation for a good realtor let me know.  We are currently renting a fully furnished home, with washer/dryer, all utilities, high speed wireless internet for $550 a month. 

Like you we sold our house, all our furniture, two cars and gave away most other things and just brought two suitcases a piece here.  It's so liberating.

We live in Boquete now and rent from a local.

I don't know if your wife will be interested but they have a very active community of retired nurses here who do hospice care.  If she would like more information let me know.

Best,

Florence

Thank you Auntie Flo, we have been looking at the area around Boquete as a possible destination.  I have just made an agreement with an expat currently in Peru who has a 38 ft. cruising sailboat for sale in Boca Del Toros that makes a lot of sense for us.  I lived aboard in S. Florida for many years and it's a life that suits us well.  Candice is a very focused nursing  professional and I know she would appreciate info regarding her ability to use her skills in Panama. Can't wait to begin this latest adventure.

Thanks again and highest regards,  Darrell

Thank you Florenc, This is Candice.  I have worked for yeas in Labor and Delivery and Newborn Nursery up to 2nd level.  In other words, I have worked with sick newborns, but not NICU.  Also have much experience in Surgery.  I have also done one Hospice care patient, a long time ago.  But, thank you again for the information.  I will have to explore my feelings about doing Hospice, unless there is a need for midwifery.  I have delivered 18 babies myself in my career.