Renting a full furnished apartment or not?

Hi
I am moving to Bergen in few months and I was wonder if I shall rent a full furnished apartment or it is better if I rent a not furnished one and bring my own stuff to Bergen.By the way, the company will pay the charge of delivering my stuff from my home town to Bergen.
Moreover, I need to know about IKEA in Bergen. Does any body buy things from this store in Bergen?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks Silver1984,
I agree with you. I went to Bergen in August and everything was so expensive, is IKEA stuff more expensive here at Bergen than other places?  I am asking this because even a MacDonald were more expensive than other places I visit :(.
I am coming on work permit visa and I have a job offer, I do want to stay in Norway if it be possible.
I look at finn.no and find out a full furnished apartment(almost 50 m2) is almost 9000 to 14000 kr! That's why I thought it may be better if I bring or even buy some stuff from IKEA instead of paying high rent every month!

Hi Mitra,

Burgers at Mcdonalds in Norway are more expensive than burgers at Mcdonalds in Denmark because the wages/salaries are a bit higher in Norway, but diary products are also more expensive, e.g a liter of milk costs 2 euro or more - allthough for other items and things it is also possible to buy them at discount rates in Norway.

IKEA - I dont know about the prices there allthough I have been to IKEA in Norway, but it is the sort of price you should be looking to buy furintures, it is considered to be "good value for money".

www.finn.no as you mentioned is a brilliant website, however the trick is to look for "Shared accommodation" on finn.no , because if you just want to rent an apartment for yourself it will be very expensive. Below is a direct link (or 2) to places on finn.no in which you can find shared acommodation in Bergen:

http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lett … eaId=20220http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lett … eaId=20220

I advice you to look out for two things - 1. do not rent a basement apartment, I think it's called kjeller in Norwegian - these are bitterly cold in winter. Secondly, do check the price categories to the left of the site in which you can search for all those places under say 6000 kroners.

By the way, are you from Iran or? Mitra is a Persian name, but it can also be Indian and perhaps East European?

MitraMor wrote:

Thanks Silver1984,
I agree with you. I went to Bergen in August and everything was so expensive, is IKEA stuff more expensive here at Bergen than other places?  I am asking this because even a MacDonald were more expensive than other places I visit :(.
I am coming on work permit visa and I have a job offer, I do want to stay in Norway if it be possible.
I look at finn.no and find out a full furnished apartment(almost 50 m2) is almost 9000 to 14000 kr! That's why I thought it may be better if I bring or even buy some stuff from IKEA instead of paying high rent every month!

Mitra: I forgot to add to my answer above that it is not a good idea to buy furnitures in Norway if you need to pay yourself - this is because it is always very problematic to have them delivered and if you leave the country after not too long, then it can be a waste of money. If the company pays it is a different issue, but it is more simple and comfortable to rent- often furnished ones dont cost that much more.

I have good experience in renting a furnished shared flat.

Hi
Thanks a lot for the tip. I will keep that in my mind and use it.
You are right I am from Iran :)