Buying a home in indonesia..

Hi there!

I am an aussie girl who is marrying a wonderful balinese man and we want a home in Bali.
I know i cannot buy a home there right now as i am not indonesian. My fiance doesnt have the money to buy the home so can i give HIM my moeny to buy it under his name?

If that works...when we DO get married, can we change the deeds to have BOTH our names on it? since i will be married under Bali law?

or should i just wait UNTIL we are married? will i have the right to buy on my own then???

thanks for your help!

Meagan

this is only a personal point of view from me.... i am not a balinese so i do not know a lot about their law

better waiting until you are married, then go to a law office for making an agreement under indonesian law and get your rights legally.

as I know from a balinese friend, a woman has no rights at all for kids and assets when a marriage ends (divorce) under bali law.

but once again, i am not a balinese. so i do not know much about their law.

Hello Megan,

Its interesting the questions you ask ! I am an Australian married to a wonderful Indonesian Woman . But I suggest you rightly guard your investment for the Long Haul. There is a thing called a prenuptial agreement which also applies in Bali/Indonesia. However I am not qualified to give legal opinion. I suggest you email Highway Immigration services (GOOGLE) Based in Ubud Bali they are totally qualified to offer Legal Advice .

Good Luck in your relationship, I wish you well, don't hesitate to contact me if you think I can help in anyway
Best wishes & regards
Howard

Hi Meagan,

I did not hear back from you and just wondered how your going ??

Howard Aussiehj

I didn't see this thread before.
Indonesian law is clear.

A foreigner may NOT own land in Indonesia (except for some companies)
In marriage law, all property is owned 50/50 (not inherited property).
If you're married you own half the house but you're not allowed to own it.

Get a prenup stating you have no title to any property but have rights over any cash from its sale and decisions regarding any sale.

Hi Mas Fred I think we may be wasting our time on this girl from Sydney Not even a thank you Thats life yeh
Aussiehj

aussiehj wrote:

Hi Mas Fred I think we may be wasting our time on this girl from Sydney Not even a thank you Thats life yeh
Aussiehj

I lot of new members drop in but never return.
Not to worry, it may help others.

Note the last page of my picture thread. I'll be passing those photos on to a friend in polici intel tomorrow.

yeah it does help others.......thank you ;)

bali is good for invest.