How long does it take for Mail through Postal service?

Hello Friends,

A friend of mine in the UK has just sent a mail via postal service to me in Libya. He sent it to my PO BOX here in Libya, how long does it take for it to arrive in my box?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Regards,
T

Hi Trex - if it is a parcel will take about 2 weeks - but normal document or small package - about a week to 10 days.....

Not sure what procedure is now after the war - but before, any document (normal mail) or small package up to max A4 size would go to normal Post office and you could collect there - but any LARGE parcel/package - you would have to go the the main post office to collect it - and they would first have it opened by customs and checked for any "prohibited" items....  :-)

By the way - this time frame is ONLY for mail from the UK - as I have a daughter there who regularly esends me things.  But time frame will change depending on where mail is c0oming from, obviously - and if it was sent airmail or surface mail...  :-)

trex wrote:

Hello Friends,

A friend of mine in the UK has just sent a mail via postal service to me in Libya. He sent it to my PO BOX here in Libya, how long does it take for it to arrive in my box?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Regards,
T

Thanks very much Jenni, a week to 10 days for an A4 letter sounds OK to me. I got scared for a minute when someone told me it could take upto 2-3 weeks for just an A4 letter to arrive in my box.

Now for collection should I not just go to that huge post office building can't remember the name of the place where it is but I can definitely drive to it. :)) I've got a key and my box is over there not sure how you can collect from any other post office?

Hi all,

some people using Arabian company called ARAMEX located in Gargour area for parcels and they openning accounts with them .
DHL for documents and paper stuff because its expensive and you can trace the post route though the website

OH Trex - for SURE if thats where your box is then you can (and should) collect ALL your mail there - I was just talking about if you had a box at another smaller post office....  ;-) 

trex wrote:

Thanks very much Jenni, a week to 10 days for an A4 letter sounds OK to me. I got scared for a minute when someone told me it could take upto 2-3 weeks for just an A4 letter to arrive in my box.

Now for collection should I not just go to that huge post office building can't remember the name of the place where it is but I can definitely drive to it. :)) I've got a key and my box is over there not sure how you can collect from any other post office?

Thanks for the extra info, Leptis - good to know!!  :-)

leptis2002 wrote:

Hi all,

some people using Arabian company called ARAMEX located in Gargour area for parcels and they openning accounts with them .
DHL for documents and paper stuff because its expensive and you can trace the post route though the website

Hi Jenni,

Thanks for encourgingme, I have some questions about South Africans were living in Alkhoms city