Safety in Tripoli

Why cant we all just get along and agree to disagree. By the way, are there any good looking single women in Libya that like to fish?

hehehehehe

LOOOOL!!!  :lol:

cardinals1 wrote:

Why cant we all just get along and agree to disagree. By the way, are there any good looking single women in Libya that like to fish?

Hey Tarekuaee, you certainly cheered me up. A new restaurant is exactly what we need!!!! And I will be a client for sure.

Cardinals. I like to fish, unfortunately, i'm neither girl nor good looking, sorry.

ya , btw as we are mentioning good looking girls and fishing there will be a very special discount for the first 100000 good looking girls who enter the restaurant , but we will just need to make up this difference on Guys bill . heheheheh " Evil laugh "

it is safe specially in morning and evening .. avoid late evening .. and becarefull

Jenni Red wrote:

..they have shown that it most definitely IS the extremists who are trying to destabilise the country - AND that Benghazi as a whole most certainly does NOT want these extremist crazies ruling their lives..

You have very little understanding of what is really going in in Libya at present. Even I have very little understanding. The only people that understand it are the Libyans that are actually living in Libya and dealing with the aftermath of trying to rebuild the country. There are no ex-G's or crazies or extremists. It's plainly obvious that the division of power post the dictatorship has been done unequally and disproportionality favouring the self appointed government otherwise these militia would have put down their weapons and gone home long ago. A lot of people that put their lives on the line for a better future have gotten the shit end of the stick for doing so and you may want to consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, the real Libyans who fought to bring down the last dictatorship might be seeing the crumbs of a new one appearing and are trying not to allow it to happen again. Just because Western democratic governments are backing the current government does not mean in any way that the government in Tripoli is made up of "democrats"[1]. There are a great many other regiemes that the West backs in the arab world that are  anything but democratic and you as an expat in that region know that damn well.

1 - link

looking at the amount of weapons in the hands of everyone in Libya and the quick solving of every conflict occurs from time to time and also the absence of a real control by the government, I have a feeling that things will improve slowly but surly and all attempts to turn the country into another Iraq will fail by the welling of god and the majority of Libyan people who are really desperate to move on and have a decent life.

mancunian wrote:

looking at the amount of weapons in the hands of everyone in Libya and the quick solving of every conflict occurs from time to time and also the absence of a real control by the government, I have a feeling that things will improve slowly but surly and all attempts to turn the country into another Iraq will fail by the welling of god and the majority of Libyan people who are really desperate to move on and have a decent life.

InshaAllah!

Ticking away the moments
That make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours
In an off-hand way

Kicking around on a piece of ground
In your home town
Waiting for someone or something
To show you the way

"This is Libya now !!"

I'm sorry Doug - but are you actually IN Libya right now?...Have you EVER lived in Libya?...Because your "path" and your comments appear as though you havent/dont....90% of my friends are Libyans actually living in both Tripoli and Benghazi - and some others dotted around the country as well.  As I am actually LIVING in Tripoli again, I get most of my information first hand, from them, and from other Libyans I am connected with on various forums via the internet.  So I do know what I am speaking about - as i get my info firsthand.  I never said that this is going to happen overnight - NOR do i recall actually saying that the government is made up of "democrats".  What I do know is that MOST Libyans do NOT want continued fighting, that they DO believe its now time to move forward, step by step (withOUT violence) - and that the REAL revolution (but this one a revolution of PEACE and of changing previous MINDESTS)is just beginning. I agree with mancunian - that it is going to be a slow process, but that it will happen - and it will be on Libyans' terms and NOT due to any outside forces.  The militias in Tripoli and Benghazi ALL handed over their weapons and left their barracks peacefully over the last few days, the roadblocks in Tripoli are calm and the men are polite yet authoritive - and so i have great hope for this country, that things ARE moving forward, people DONT want violence - and that one day there WILL be a fully democratic Libya - BUT on their terms and in their own way.  (There ARE many ways to form a democratic state, you know, not just one way....)  It will take time and is a process - but WILL happen.

...and YES in spite of what you say, there ARE still ex-G's and crazies and extremists - and also plenty who are STILL PRO-G - around!!  BUT these are definitely in the minority - and the bulk of the population is determined that they will NOT destroy what has been gained over the past 18 months.... :-) - hence the peaceful protests over the past few days against the attacks two weeks ago...

douglas1969 wrote:
Jenni Red wrote:

..they have shown that it most definitely IS the extremists who are trying to destabilise the country - AND that Benghazi as a whole most certainly does NOT want these extremist crazies ruling their lives..

You have very little understanding of what is really going in in Libya at present. Even I have very little understanding. The only people that understand it are the Libyans that are actually living in Libya and dealing with the aftermath of trying to rebuild the country. There are no ex-G's or crazies or extremists. It's plainly obvious that the division of power post the dictatorship has been done unequally and disproportionality favouring the self appointed government otherwise these militia would have put down their weapons and gone home long ago. A lot of people that put their lives on the line for a better future have gotten the shit end of the stick for doing so and you may want to consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, the real Libyans who fought to bring down the last dictatorship might be seeing the crumbs of a new one appearing and are trying not to allow it to happen again. Just because Western democratic governments are backing the current government does not mean in any way that the government in Tripoli is made up of "democrats"[1]. There are a great many other regiemes that the West backs in the arab world that are  anything but democratic and you as an expat in that region know that damn well.

1 - link

joan.pal wrote:
douglas1969 wrote:
Jenni Red wrote:

1 - link

My comment to you douglas1969:

Cardinals1 wrote on 2012-09-22 at 07:22:16 : Why cant we all just get along and agree to disagree.

Cardinals1 sorry for "stealing" your comment:))) Just trying to help.

well, we are disagreeing. but we arent being polite about it. :-)

Jenni Red wrote:

I'm sorry Doug

drivel snipped for posterity.

Actually did live in Libya long time. Recall I didnt know too many people outside the circle of expats we knew. The number of Libyans I know I could count on one hand and I lived there a long time.  (sorry, people to converse with in markets and stores dont count as people you "know"). So why dont you drop the B.S. South African. I actually met a lot more Libyans outside of Libya. Through then I got to know the things no  one spoke about in Libya. The problems you are seeing have existed for a long time. Not much changed apart from now there are military grade weapons in hands and people really do have carte blanche to use them -- so be careful as I seem to get the impression you can't tell one Libyan from another or one ex-Q from another.

I will repeat once more, so put down the blinders, Libya is in Africa. Its not in Europe or NA or middle east -- so when you start whining about how shitty and violent it is, you need to compare it to how shitty and violent it is compared to other African countries it borders and in the region and once you do that you will realise that its nowhere near as bad as them. Thats why many many Africans risked lives to get into your big bad Q. run Libya for many many years. But you pissed me off so I will rant. Its now in a downward spiral and dimwitted warmonger attitudes like yours are propelling it, and now on its way to becoming as shitty and violent and bad as the rest of them. Until they split it by Ottoman era borders its going to go on lie this. However, its not that easy to split it because you will get land locked Fezzan which will get fawked and become the primo breeding ground for every militant extremist ground in the region and you will get uber rich Cyrenica which will keep butting heads with Tripolitana for the rest of eternity.

Hi Guyz

telling thruth is very high value , i am working with an oil company share with italians and full of expat employee never heard of any bad news.

most of troubles bewteen ex-prisoners and drug dealers by night

Hi everyone, if there is any problem, do not hesitate to use the Report Button.

Thanks,
Harmonie.

leptis2002 wrote:

Hi Guyz

telling truth is very high value

That is what exactly Douglas does, but quite emotionally.
Lucky you having not heard of any bad news.

joan.pal wrote:

You douglas are not polite, that's what me and some of the users try to point out. Thanks to you the whole discussion turned ugly.

Yes, you're right. I am not polite - didn't know it was a requirement of this forum -- but I have little patience for idealist warmongers who chose to flip the amnesia switch whenever it suits them.

You have 8 posts. So you are either new or were someone else on here and trying to re-image your self.

Masterr wrote:
leptis2002 wrote:

Hi Guyz

telling truth is very high value

That is what exactly Douglas does, but quite emotionally.
Lucky you having not heard of any bad news.

I fail to see the emotionality of it. Expats ran back to collect double salary as soon as their employers told them to go back.

It seems to have slipped everyone's mind that Libya just very recently went through an extremely extremely violent civil war -- this was violent even by many sub-Saharan Africa countries' standards.

joan.pal wrote:

This forum could be a great place to get firsthand information from EXPACTS LIVING IN LIBYA about current situation in this country, but it's not possible, because every time they post their observation douglas chases them away with his aggressive comments. In effect their posts stop to appear, I don't blame them, forum should be a place for exchange of opinions and not a constant defending from personal attacks.

Dear Admins, you are right, I should report my concerns to you instead let myself provoke “in public”. Or ask  Jenny Red and GISgirl not to let douglas to spoil an interesting discussion AGAIN, and ignore his attacks. But I made mistake, I simply lost my patience, and now I am being accused of possible misbehavior in past on this forum: no I don't need to re-image myself, I am new, I posted only two threads asking about tourism in Libya and cell phones in Libya.

Dear Everybody, this was my pleasure to be part of this forum, even if I was more a reader then participant.  Regarding SAFETY IN LIBYA, I will continue watching the situation in this country and preparing myself for trip to Libya as a tourist (I set up the date on 2014 – can't wait).

Good Luck and Bye!

Ahh Gee! don't you think that year you mentioned is around 900 days away? Just curious why 2014 :)

the security situation in tirpoli is fantastic

trex wrote:
joan.pal wrote:

Good Luck and Bye!

Ahh Gee! don't you think that year you mentioned is around 900 days away? Just curious why 2014 :)

yes, joan.pal 2014 is a very long ways away. anything could happen by then -- it could swing both ways, either for the better or for the worse. Hopfully for the better.

Anyways, I am sorry you feel its an attack as I don't feel it is at all -- its not good to go through life with blind optimism. There are a lot of young idealistic people out there who want to do good and join NGO's and try to do some real good in the world and might be on here reading these posts. Its good to have an objective discussion which shows both sides  so they don't just accept whats being fed to them by media with sometimes very questionable ethics and agendas as solid truth.