Annulment in the Philippines.. how?

Hi. I have a serious question which I cannot find the answer to anywhere.

My filipina Girlfriend is married for 8 years. She has a 7 year old son. She and her husband are not in love. They don't live together, infact he moved out after the 1st year. But he supports her and her son financially and lives near bye. He doesn't abuse her and neither of them are mentally ill...

So I see NO grounds for annulment...

My question is. How on earth does a Filipina girl become free from a Marriage and re-marry if there are no obvious grounds for Annulment?

Is she just supposed to be Stuck in this marriage "forever"???

Seriously the Philippines is the only Country which can make you a Prisoner and Free at the same time!!!

thank you..

Find a woman who is single, no strings attached, doesn't have a child, doesn't have any drama or sort of serious issues in her life (because that would only bring some headache and possibly put a strain in a relationship)... Obviously (based from your story) she has some serious issues in her life that she needs to work on -- and you are not involved (and not supposed to get involved) with that.

Here in the Philippines we hold marriage as sacred. And before these couples even get married, the church conducts some seminar in preparation and also to give time to these individuals to think carefully about this lifetime decision... So in a way marriage is a decision, just as love is also a decision -- not merely an emotion or any sort of butterflies-in-the-stomach thing. Marriage is not something that can be just thrown away like a paper. It's a covenant, not a contract.

Hope you get what I'm saying. Find someone else, you deserve better than that.

Well said cookey ..:top:

Hello EPIDOT.

As you see marriage is serious matter in Philippines.
But why not to stay free ?

The pinays dream of marriage and same time enjoy the life.
Why you need a contract  for your relationship ?

what do you expect, this is the only Catholic country in Asia. so obviously there are strict rules on marriage. Annulment is possible, I know someone who had gone through it but she is a bit influential and hired a top notch lawyer. so if you are looking for legal advice, this isnt the forum for it.

frenchync98 wrote:

Hello EPIDOT.

As you see marriage is serious matter in Philippines.
But why not to stay free ?

The pinays dream of marriage and same time enjoy the life.
Why you need a contract  for your relationship ?

I thought about staying for free extending my VISA and repeating again n again. However As soon as I go there her husband will stop supporting her. So it will be down to me. I would need to help her create a business (she likes a salon/parlor) and I would have about         
£7000 to create it.

I really do not think even owning a business will bring us £600 a month which we would require...

After wages and other costs i think the Salon would need to make about £1000 a month. For a small Salon in Bulacan i think this is just not possible.

If anyone knows what kind of profits to expect from a Parlor/salon in Bulacan then please let me know.

Oh yeah.. the other reason I cant just go there and forget about legal relationships is because she told me we cannot be together untill her annulment has started as this is seen as a very bad thing.And her husband could put charges against her also. So If I go there we would have to start the annulment which he is unwilling to pay for so I would have to pay.I dont think I can pay up to £3000 just for the courts to say NO.. (

I thought about staying for free extending my VISA and repeating again n again.
if your reason is the visa = marry another single pinay and save your married one as close friend.

I would need to help her create a business (she likes a salon/parlor) and I would have about         
£7000 to create it.
invest in london coz your capital will be in a safe place.

After wages and other costs i think the Salon would need to make about £1000 a month.
inquirre in london how much income for same size business
then divide by 10... or more if u are unlucky.

frenchync98 wrote:

I thought about staying for free extending my VISA and repeating again n again.
if your reason is the visa = marry another single pinay and save your married one as close friend.

I would need to help her create a business (she likes a salon/parlor) and I would have about         
£7000 to create it.
invest in london coz your capital will be in a safe place.

After wages and other costs i think the Salon would need to make about £1000 a month.
inquirre in london how much income for same size business
then divide by 10... or more if u are unlucky.

I couldn't marry another girl just so i could stay in Phil.
I can't invest in London because that doesn't help me to be with her if she's in the Philippines.

Thanks for advise though.

be careful and don't dream too much... life is hard for innocent ppl.

frenchync98 wrote:

be careful and don't dream too much... life is hard for innocent ppl.

Indeed, It's a shame i'vebeen dreaming for 2 years and finally seeing how "near impossible" it is for us to be together.

How can I say goodbye.. might have to

both of you in another country.

not to pry but why do you have to shoulder the annulment? are you sure that this girl will stay with you even after the money is gone and she is rid of the husband?

morenagirl wrote:

not to pry but why do you have to shoulder the annulment? are you sure that this girl will stay with you even after the money is gone and she is rid of the husband?

No problem. She has never forced the subject of annulment on me, it's my doing. I started talking about it. She told me that her husband has accepted to annul but he will not pay for it. Because in his eyes... he could continue being married to her for ever just to keep it hidden to his family so he does not dissapoint them. So he told her if she wants to seperate then she has to pay for it. Which means I have to because she does not have up to £3000.

She won't run off. I know that sterotype and that many people just think a Filipina wants you for money etc...

But im an inteligent guy. I'm not an old man with lots of money. In fact she knows I dont have much and im also younger than her by 4 years which is quite unusual to say the least. We're just a couple who met online and its now been 2 years.

I've even discussed giving her money to start a business now. She doesnt want it.

thats good to know. if that is the case, you should consider asking a reputable law firm for advice. we are not lawyers and we do not know the proper process. So if you are going to spend, then better make sure the lawyer has a track record. it is not impossible since my former boss did it.

Yes... it's just so difficult. Everytime I think I have solved a problem or got a plan, something else pops up.  theres always another problem.

Now i'm worried that her husband only told her he will acept because he probably thinks she will never save the money required for it. I'm worried that when she tells him she has the money that he will say "no"

Its a big battle but what canI say. I cant walk away

DON'T GET MARRIED!!! Stay as a couple and in love and if you breakup no harm done and easy to move on

I agree with coreya.

In my opinion, there are less ideal Filipino. That's why I do not have plans to be marry with Filipino. I choose foreigner. I know a lot of Filipina who married Filipino. Filipina got pregnant and after sometime Filipino leave for some reasons we do not know. It is also possible that Filipina chose to leave the Filipino because he was not a good provider and a Father. Now Filipina wants new relationship with foreigner because she was sick and tired of stupid Filipino men.

Everyone deserve a second chance.

@Epidot, not all Filipinas are good. Be careful. I am Filipina but I will tell you that some Filipinas are nasty piece of art.

It has been a while. Any updates about your relationship with her? If you want to share, please do. I am interested.

Hi!

You have to know that you are not alone in this kind of situation and even others are worse. Annulment seems a hopeless issue but you've got all the time and it'll be worth waiting. Push through your goals. I understand other advice could be discouraging but if you really feel you want to be with her, then do things right. Don't get frustrated, they are just one of the obstacles in your relationship and more to come. It will be worth the wait!
Go for it!

If your girlfriend really wants to be with you,then you can move to another region and treat her  as your wife,its true love that really counts,annulment may take a long time and you might be losing your money in the process.A real pinay will apreciate what you can do for her,go slow with the bussiness,its very unpredictable.Remember not all of us are catholics,no offense buy we all deserve to be happy with the one we love.The best thing is to love that very special person.if possible try to find someone single,it will relieve you of lots of headaaches.Even if you were to get married,it doesnt garantee a strong ever lasting marraige.I personally married a pinay before and she turned out to be a fake.With all the millions of pinays in philippines you should go extra slowly and carefull,learn the customs and laws before you commit to any relationship,millions of pinays are willing to take your girlfriends place in 1 second.Please use common sense before engaging in any relationship,try to spend a long time there and enjoy yourself then you can decide later who is the best partner for you.Unless you can find someone who will agree to be with you without commiting to marraige,but to form a strong mutual love relationship.Even i had a bad experiance,i still will look for a pinay partner for life,weather maried or not,because Love conquers all.Good luck.Marraige does not garentee happiness or ever lasting love.

Listen to frenhy and morenagirls advice they know what there talking about?Do research and try to understand the mind of a pinay and the way she was bought up to think,there could be cultural defferences between both of you,remember also most pinays are extremly jelous types,shop around dont just go with the 1st girl that you might like.Some look like angels,but thier intentions are far from that.Ive been there about 4 times and i still weight my options,im currently chatting with 3 different girls and i will decide on only one of them when the time is right.Ill make 2 more trips because i plan to go spend a few months there,then on my next trip ill decide,but one thing is for sure,ill never marry in Philippines.Think of it as a bussiness decision  and dont rush into thing,i dont want you to have simular bad experiances as i had to trough,it was a 4 year nitemare.But this time im hoping to find a real humble and sincere pinay.Also try to get advice form people who have gone tru the annulment process only or a good reputable lawyer.

Coreya hit it right on the nose.Just love her without marring her,if shes doesnt agree then im sure there more fishes in the seas,and beautiful ones!!!

It really comes down to loving for real and loving the person that you choose,happiness doesnt come that easily.Remember theres good and bad people all over the world,Philippines is no exception.

Be careful. Under Filipino law, her husband can sue you for cohabiting with HIS wife. He can even have you jailed.

there is a company in Mindanao that does LEGAL divorce. google them

Just an advice, It is impossible that they separated without any reason, that the husband move out just like that.
There must be something behind it. You can visit her even if she filed annulment because you are out of their personal issues unless you will stay together.

I read your situations and it is totally sounds different for me. I myself seek for the answer and filed my annulment not because I want to get married again but I want freedom. In my case, I am not in love with my ex but our marriage really didn't work out.

In process before filing the annulment, she will undergo to psychological examination in which she will be asked to write her marital history from the day they met till the last day they been together and the relationship ended up.

Don't be blind. In relationship, it is not only you or the other half will communicate to make the relationship work.
It feels good to be in love but it is really hard to get out.

You better find some one else. It is easy to let go, if you will think of yourself in future that is enough to let go.
If she don't want you to go, she must find way to make you stay because i did a lot of hard work to earn money to pay for my annulment and for the record, annulment fees is not a one time payment.. It is installment by process.

Hi,

You know her situation is not even complicated. If she wants to get annulled she will take the steps right away, to think
you are there to support.

I know someone who did get a divorce/annulment about 3 years ago.  It cost about 200,000 pesos at the time, and the grounds included infidelity on the husbands part.

However, a husband who originally agrees to this action may request financial compensation just before the case,and after you have paid out most of the legal fees.  He would know you would have to pay, or lose what you have done so far..

No need to get annulment, as long as you love each other and you treat each other as a married couple that's good enough.

Married or not married love and trust  is very important ,and stick together forever.

Good luck and God bless to both of you guys...

ladyjhen77 wrote:

No need to get annulment, as long as you love each other and you treat each other as a married couple that's good enough.

Married or not married love and trust  is very important ,and stick together forever.

Good luck and God bless to both of you guys...

I can't help wondering what the original poster did, it was 2012 that this was asked ;)

With millions of philipinas available,take your time finding a single one,avoid all types of problems,specially finiancially,besides just think she's married you shouldn't even considered her.If you don't run now,you will regret it,mark my words.