Qalam wa Lawh - anyone?

Hi again everyone,

Has anyone ever studied at this Arabic Language school/ know anything about it?

I'm trying to sort everything out but just nervous about signing up to a school that i've heard no reviews from!

Merci d'avance!!

It's better to do it when you are here, don't enroll from Leicester!

it's good !! i think it's in rebat

My son just finished his second week at this school.  He will study there for a total of 8 weeks.  He is very satisfied with the school and his host family.

Hi Charlotte
is the school's name: Qalam wa Lawh? never heard of it.
people can easily start a school here, so, in my opinion, don't sign in in anything before you ask some people who study there

I just made some research, looks like a good place.
Beside Mccright's son went there... so.. go for it :)

Hi everyone, again I feel reassured, especially as people know people who've been there! Perfect, and thanks Saad, this is exactly what I was worried about. Don't want to be handing money over to a bad school/scam! Thanks again guys!

does any one can get inscription via their website, even he/she is never been in Morocco?
Maccright, could you please inform me how your son join this school? how much cost lessons?  Thank you.

Yes, you use the website to enroll in this school.  The price of the lessons changes.  More hours/day costs more.

Good luck

Thank you very much mccright, i will send them an email, I hope they will reply.

Hi

Actually there are plenty information about this school. I attended it 4 years ago and also this summer. The school is located in Souissi, a nice, quiet place here in Rabat and they have also nice student residence.

Arabic classes are divided in 3 levels and each level is divided in 3, they also have private lessons.

You can call them or write them and they'll reply soon in english (the admdinistrative service is provided in english by native - or almost native speakers so you'll not have problems of communication) the school is well known, and if you go on youtoube you'll find some videos there. there's also a facebook profile:

facebook.com/qalamcenter?ref=ts

Hope my info were useful, in anycase feel free to ask more info.

good luck

I had a bad experience at this school.  Summer intensive courses are a bad choice. You are there for too many hours, and the school is far away from the City Center, which means a commute.  It is disorganized and expensive.  About alternatives, and the possibility of private turoting, if you are a female, and European, AVOID AT ALL COSTS being alone with a Moroccan Male. Look for a female instructor!

If you speak French or have at least intermediate arabic, you should be able to benefit from one-on-one classes.