Considering the leap

Hello

I'm considering a move in the near future so I thought I'd check out this forum. I'm wondering what it feels like to be in a strange country with no friends or family. How easy is it for you? It's a really big decision so, I'm going to seek out as much info as I can before making the leap.

Thanks sincerely

Rachel

Im thinking of the leap also.  My big problem is permission to get to stay in the country.  A passport only lets you stay for 6 months.  Need a reason to get a visa?  I just want to retire, experience the country and enjoy.  Seems that is not alowed.

Hi

I am considering the same thing! Also wondering how hard it is without friends, as I have great network here.

I want to know how do you get a visa to stay longer then 6 months?

Hello,
Some things to consider would be how well do you navigate and problem solve solo? Do you need lots of reassurance when faced with decision making?  I ask because I faced these kinds of scenarios when I took a few long trips of four weeks or longer abroad.  Sure, anyone would miss family and friends.  What I found was it wasn't that terribly difficult to adjust especially if you have a regular daily routine.  I haven't lived permanently in another country.  What I can tell you is the last time I went abroad, and it came time to get on the plane to return back to the US, I was sad.  It was then I realized it didn't matter if I came back... I had felt at home right where I was.

Best,
Jennifer