Planning to move to NZ for Job in IT

Hi everyone,

I am shanky from India. Me and one of my friend are planning to move to NZ for Job in IT. Currently we are employed in IT industry in India with 2+ years of exp in Network/Software Engineering. We are Post Graduates from India. We would like to get work/PR under skilled migrant category in NZ. Is it good to choose NZ for Job in IT ? and can anybody tell me about the cost of living and job opportunities for us there.

How about the chance of getting a job there ?

Is it fine by searching job there by ourselves or is it good to move with overseas job consultancies from here ?

Thanks in advance for all your replies. :)

-Shanky.

Hi Shanky,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

I would suggest you to have a look at these articles:
Visas in New Zealand
Work in New Zealand.

You could check other threads on the New Zealand forum as well.

All the best,
Christine

Hey Shanky,  COST AND LIVING IS ALREADY ANSWERED 1000 TIMES :)
just have a look on other posts.

And regarding move, best thing is to apply direct PR from India under skilled migrant category. you could do it yourself easily. No need of any lawyer or consultant.

Getting direct IT job while sitting in India is next to impossible unless you are a big big bigger fish of IT industry or
you have a known here who could get you a job offer :)

Hi Shanky,

I am also planning to get PR under skilled migrant category and getting a job in IT there.

-Vick.

hi to all,

is there anyone who could give some concrete information about his/her experience in making such a move successfully ?

Visa process said and done; one in new zealand - how easy/difficult is it for an indian to get a respectable job in the IT industry ?

Whats the general overall attitude of employers towards migrants - especially from the indian subcontinent? (since there is a sharp rise in migrants from here)

An idea of the pay - contract or permanent would also be great.

I guess that's what people are looking for in this forum/thread. Just putting down the usual apprehensions of someone looking to make a move.