Dating in Saudi

Ya NoorBand that's true and normal procedure.

what i mean: so don't think dating is going to go unnoticed

Wow :p nice topic.. Well it's like I agree with some of you above like they said do why eer you want but done publically... As per ye personal experiences,, Riding around in car or visiting/inviting one to the apartment are the best and safest options.... :)

Btw any1 here for me?? (a) lol

khanshahmir wrote:

Yes, why not? So many muttawas out there :P

TheLegendLeads wrote:
khanshahmir wrote:

Lol ,, naaahh they'll be busy staring  beautiful girls in the malls lol.. n reminding every1 to pray while not praying them selves... Idiots .. Hate them the most..

hii...guyzzz..
really cool do what we are discussing, but it's very dangerous trying out these things...if we didn't get caught... then cool..if we get caught..then the movie starts..so any thing try on your own risk...or wait patiently unless you get your vacation...

This is all crap, i mean if you chose a religion for yourself, why impose its obligations on others who are not even interested. I work Medina, I've seen some of the prettiest females  in the world here, with the sexiest eyes ever, petty i can't even say hi there, and you can see they're dying to talk to me. And when i go home to Cape Town, ladies are like "Nigga don't you come up in here with your Arabian sexual frustrations and think you can get your way with me in two weeks," What does one do in this situation?

Neffy wrote:

If I live alone can I have a male friend come to my apartment?  How will anyone know?

The porter will know and will report. The neighbours will see and will report. If you have never been married the punishment will be public flogging and of course expulsion front the country.
If you have ever been married or are currently married, there is death penalty for fornication.

Easy Tiger, 'Hate' is a very strong word, and why hate people that are doing their jobs?

khanshahmir wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
khanshahmir wrote:

Lol ,, naaahh they'll be busy staring  beautiful girls in the malls lol.. n reminding every1 to pray while not praying them selves... Idiots .. Hate them the most..

londoner1 wrote:

Easy Tiger, 'Hate' is a very strong word, and why hate people that are doing their jobs?

khanshahmir wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Bro.. Hate isn't the word enough for them .. Which job?? Running after youngsters who are just hanging out with friends on weekend ,, n searching then like criminals or drug dealers.. When nothing found to put them in jail ,, shaving there heads n mean while forcefully taking their cellphones n going through their personal stuff ,, family photos,, and questioning about them?? This job are you talking about??  Staring at girls?? Hitting them with sticks?? Which culture in the world allows that?? it is very deep debate n I don't wanna get into it cuz I'll end up being unappropriate ... So I guess we shouldn't touch this issue here.. Or at least not with me.. I simply HATE those drama queens.....

imraan007 wrote:

I would tend to agree with Londoner hate the actions not the ppl. Some of them r not true representatives of the hai'a. Look at their objectives. We hope that the government would conduct some training. They r only allowed to advise and not to harass. Although u may not
Like them they do solve a lot of harassment cases. I am not defending them but I believe there is enough hate in this world. What we need is more understanding of another ppl culture and being less judgemental. I am sure if u like to debate u can contact ur local hai'a who can help u, lol just kidding

Agreed!!! Lol they can't do nothing until n unless an internee shurta is with them.. Played enough with them during school time lol.. Btw you might have heard the case that happend in Taif ,, while persuing a car ,, wow are they also persuing the cars?? ... Are they trained enough?? And the answer is NO ,, cuz they while trying to follow the car ,, The most respected (not to be hated) mutawas ended up smashing into a family car taking 4 precious lives on spot.. (Accidents do happens I agree.. Even the word accident explains it ).. But someone was trying to act as Chuck Noriss there.. Jokes apart.. But I've had really bad experiences with this organization ,, so I can't even think of what they have done for good..

Hey. Yea heard of the incident although I heard a different version. Anyways that's media for u. U may have also heard of the coca cola generation...belief too much in the news even if there is no evidence. No one to blame? Hmmm usama is dead now do lets blame some1 new. We all had our experiences

Will you can, but you have to be secret about it! ;)

i got banned for posting in this thread !

no offence ppl - if you dont like the way things are run here just leave the country... no one is forcing you to live here.You made the choice then respect it !

EastLondon wrote:

no offence ppl - if you dont like the way things are run here just leave the country... no one is forcing you to live here.You made the choice then respect it !

oh really ?? :D

:lol: speechless :/

Lanara_27 wrote:

If there's a will, there's a way.

Don't believe what media tells you. Everyone here, Saudis including, dates. It's just private, not public.

Cheers!

So if its just private how do you know it?

Or are you dating with Saudis!..

From experience - forget dating here !! Once a player always a player ... just broke up wid ma ex

It is not a matter of controversy in Islam that mingling between men and women is prohibited or not. Rather it is a distinguishing feature of Islamic culture that men and women should remain separate and perform their duties in a most obliging manner.
People who have insight know very well that mingling of men with women is the root cause of many evils that can arise afterwards. The family ties, the relations between husband and wife, the children and other matters can all easily be disturbed as a result of mingling of men with women.

It is natural that men and women are attracted to each other. Islam has provided the legal way for both men and women to marry each other and maintain a family by raising their children. Islam has also imposed some rights on each other in respect of husband, wife and children so that all of them should care about the others and hold strong ties which consist of love, faith and affiliation. But this very purpose is disturbed when the mingling between men and women takes place freely, and the most to suffer as a consequence are the women and children, and they feel deserted. Therefore, it is in the interest of women that they should care about the occasions when such thing could arise.

The same prohibition implies that men should also restrain themselves because it is also in their interest to refrain from such mingling which can disturb them mentally and physically later on. We should bear in mind'that we are to abide by the commandments of Islam which holds all that is good for us.

May Allah help us all to keep on the path of faith.

If you don't like the rules then leave. No one is making you stay and corrupt the society there.  I personally know a lot of people who would like to go there and would be happy to live by Islamic law.  Maybe you should go live in the USA if you want to 'date' freely.

Wow

@noor  you got it wrong, girlfriend--non-mingling is a Saudi thing. 

People 'mingle' in every other Islamic country.  So are you saying that every other Islamic country is not following Islam correctly?

And btw, I've seen pics in the Arab News of King Abdullah surrounded by uncovered business women (http://www.instablogs.com/saudis-path-t … ether.html).   Guess they were guilty of mingling. Who gets flogged now? ;)

In fact, take a look at this article:
http://goatmilkblog.com/2010/04/14/cler … di-arabia/

One of the more interesting statements is:  The ban on public mixing is rooted in tribal customs but became institutionalized as the country urbanized. Clerics claimed that Islam requires it – a debatable position since no other Muslim country has similar practices.

noorbond wrote:

It is not a matter of controversy in Islam that mingling between men and women is prohibited or not. Rather it is a distinguishing feature of Islamic culture that men and women should remain separate and perform their duties in a most obliging manner.
People who have insight know very well that mingling of men with women is the root cause of many evils that can arise afterwards. The family ties, the relations between husband and wife, the children and other matters can all easily be disturbed as a result of mingling of men with women.

It is natural that men and women are attracted to each other. Islam has provided the legal way for both men and women to marry each other and maintain a family by raising their children. Islam has also imposed some rights on each other in respect of husband, wife and children so that all of them should care about the others and hold strong ties which consist of love, faith and affiliation. But this very purpose is disturbed when the mingling between men and women takes place freely, and the most to suffer as a consequence are the women and children, and they feel deserted. Therefore, it is in the interest of women that they should care about the occasions when such thing could arise.

The same prohibition implies that men should also restrain themselves because it is also in their interest to refrain from such mingling which can disturb them mentally and physically later on. We should bear in mind'that we are to abide by the commandments of Islam which holds all that is good for us.

If you don't like the rules then leave. No one is making you stay and corrupt the society there.  I personally know a lot of people who would like to go there and would be happy to live by Islamic law.  Maybe you should go live in the USA if you want to 'date' freely.

Very nice!

By the way your profile shows you as a man!

NikolizkyV wrote:

This is all crap, i mean if you chose a religion for yourself, why impose its obligations on others who are not even interested. I work Medina, I've seen some of the prettiest females  in the world here, with the sexiest eyes ever, petty i can't even say hi there, and you can see they're dying to talk to me. And when i go home to Cape Town, ladies are like "Nigga don't you come up in here with your Arabian sexual frustrations and think you can get your way with me in two weeks," What does one do in this situation?

lol.. can understand how frustrating this can be for you

noorbond wrote:

I completely agree with you, on this forum mnay complain about these rules such as mutawaas, shops closing during prayer times etc.
for me, If you dont like it you can leave. People from all parts of the world are coming here coz they're being hit by recession. So that means you opted for Saudi rather Saudi opted you. so pick your options.. :)

Alliecat wrote:

@noor  you got it wrong, girlfriend--non-mingling is a Saudi thing. 

People 'mingle' in every other Islamic country.  So are you saying that every other Islamic country is not following Islam correctly?

And btw, I've seen pics in the Arab News of King Abdullah surrounded by uncovered business women (http://www.instablogs.com/saudis-path-t … ether.html).   Guess they were guilty of mingling. Who gets flogged now? ;)

Alliecat, let me correct you.

Non mingling is not sa Saudi thing, it is all by principles of Islam. The Arab countires (which comprises of total 20% of muslim population) you're referin to have been impressed by the modernization or westernization (thats what we call it).

pkmusd wrote:

Non mingling is not sa Saudi thing, it is all by principles of Islam. The Arab countires (which comprises of total 20% of muslim population) you're referin to have been impressed by the modernization or westernization (thats what we call it).

So... you're saying that every Islamic country other than Saudia Arabia isn't practicing Islam correctly??  I find this difficult to believe and would think the Jordanians, Egyptians, etc. on this forum would speak up about what you've just said.

BTW, as for following the rules if you come here, I totally agree with you there.  People should have done their homework and known what to expect and made a personal vow to follow the laws in a country in which they are guests. I think the issue is that when people get here, it's far more strict than they'd ever imaged imagined it would be.

i believe that the non-mingling here is a 'saudi thing'.
as a muslim myself,i come from a country that does practice islam correctly but in ksa it's a little exaggerated with the gender segragation....in weddings,universities,etc..
all we have to do is abide by ksa laws as long as we live here :)

Alliecat wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

So... you're saying that every Islamic country other than Saudia Arabia isn't practicing Islam correctly??  I find this difficult to believe and would think the Jordanians, Egyptians, etc. on this forum would speak up about what you've just said.

BTW, as for following the rules if you come here, I totally agree with you there.  People should have done their homework and known what to expect and made a personal vow to follow the laws in a country in which they are guests. I think the issue is that when people get here, it's far more strict than they'd ever imaged it would be.

I know you find it difficult to beleive but thats the ground reality. I am not sure what details you have about Islam..

Some people (muslims), live in Saudi and they go to Bahrain every other weekend to do what is not permitted here and I know many people who have gone to US or living there from their birth but they practice religion far more better. So its not even about the place its your internal feelings.

On the second point, yeah I know its far more stricter than they ever thought of but again tax free money, hardship allowances is what you get as a US/UK/EU citizen so bear with it till things cool down and then say good bye.

Regards

As a MENA ex-pat for many years there's only one thing that bores me more than complaining ex-pats and that's being told to go home if I don't like it.

Debate is healthy and interesting. It's positive. If you are the type of person who's only retort is to tell people to leave then I would suggest that you have no place on a forum where matters are tabled (and on the whole) discussed in an adult and informed way.

If you can't freely debate an issue and need your own life to be regimented and pre-planned, then good luck, but get off this forum and leave it to those who wish to learn from others.

Don't forget this is an ex-pat forum where people from outside this area discuss matters... it may contain opinion other than your own. Yes, we are ex-pats and that's how we deal with matters in our culture. Deal with it or listen and learn. We do.

pkmusd wrote:

I know you find it difficult to beleive but thats the ground reality. I am not sure what details you have about Islam.

My "details" about Islam come from having visited other Islamic countries where people *do* mingle (or, in other words, live non-gender segregated lives) and also I know people from Islamic countries who are somewhat horrified that non-Muslim expats in KSA think *this* is how Islam is/should be practiced.

I have a friend from Algeria (Muslim) who has had a more difficult time adjusting to life here than any non-Muslim Westerners!

gashead wrote:

As a MENA ex-pat for many years there's only one thing that bores me more than complaining ex-pats and that's being told to go home if I don't like it.

Debate is healthy and interesting. It's positive. If you are the type of person who's only retort is to tell people to leave then I would suggest that you have no place on a forum where matters are tabled (and on the whole) discussed in an adult and informed way.

If you can't freely debate an issue and need your own life to be regimented and pre-planned, then good luck, but get off this forum and leave it to those who wish to learn from others.

Don't forget this is an ex-pat forum where people from outside this area discuss matters... it may contain opinion other than your own. Yes, we are ex-pats and that's how we deal with matters in our culture. Deal with it or listen and learn. We do.

Who is not freely debating btw?? I don't see any comment above which supports this.

What we are discussing here is, that this place is difficult and far more stricter than what you imagine when you're out of KSA.

Everyone (specially from UK/EU/US) come here just to make money with a very shrot term target. While the entire world is on halt, here there are no signs of recession. so you have to bear with it.
If you cant bear this, you better look for other options may be in liberal countries like UAE where you hv all the liberty.

Last but not the least, I urge you to read all the comments if they don't make sense first inquire rather than posting comments just to make your presence count.

Regards,

Alliecat wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

I know you find it difficult to beleive but thats the ground reality. I am not sure what details you have about Islam.

My "details" about Islam come from having visited other Islamic countries where people *do* mingle (or, in other words, live non-gender segregated lives) and also I know people from Islamic countries who are somewhat horrified that non-Muslim expats in KSA think *this* is how Islam is/should be practiced.

I have a friend from Algeria (Muslim) who has had a more difficult time adjusting to life here than any non-Muslim Westerners!

Alliecat, as I said it depends on your views and how you want to practice your religion. I know relgion is somethign not to be discussed on forums to avoid dispute but the leastI want to say is that it is the principle of Islam not to forece but to inspire.
Apaprently, in Saudi there are many good things but some of them are modified and taken to extreme which is wrong like the role of Hai'a, if you read there official statements on arab news . But to understand this, oone needs to understand in depth.

You yourself just mentioned that a Muslim is having more diff time adjusting to life here than any westerners. So it depends on person to person that how attached he is to the religion.
Where as we see many westerners easily adjusting, I have one colleague for eg.

pkmusd wrote:

Everyone (specially from UK/EU/US) come here just to make money with a very shrot term target.

EVERYONE??  You need to rethink your generalizations.  I knew a Canadian doctor with Egyptian roots who came here because she wanted her children to experience living in an Islamic country.  She resigned within three months.

As for me, I had multiple reasons, money being the last (first was because I felt my life in the US was becoming 'stale'; second was to experience an entirely new culture most Americans never get to be a part of; and third was money, the icing on the cake).

BTW, regarding mingling:  why does King Abdullah's university (KAUST) allow it?  Does this make him a 'bad' Muslim?

pkmusd wrote:

Alliecat, as I said it depends on your views and how you want to practice your religion. I know relgion is somethign not to be discussed on forums to avoid dispute but the leastI want to say is that it is the principle of Islam not to forece but to inspire.
Apaprently, in Saudi there are many good things but some of them are modified and taken to extreme which is wrong like the role of Hai'a, if you read there official statements on arab news . But to understand this, oone needs to understand in depth.

You yourself just mentioned that a Muslim is having more diff time adjusting to life here than any westerners. So it depends on person to person that how attached he is to the religion.

You seem to have modified some of what you'd said earlier.  Bravo!

And btw, please don't anybody take what I've said here as being 'against' Saudis.  I know many Saudis and my experience has been 99.9% delightful!  But, ironically, even they have complained to me about the strictness here and how they are forced to be 'discrete' (I call it sneaking around lol) in order to have a 'normal' life.

pkmusd wrote:

You yourself just mentioned that a Muslim is having more diff time adjusting to life here than any westerners.

Her problem is that she knows that the horse and pony show here doesn't reflect the teachings of the Prophet (MPBUH).

Alliecat wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

Everyone (specially from UK/EU/US) come here just to make money with a very shrot term target.

EVERYONE??  You need to rethink your generalizations.  I knew a Canadian doctor with Egyptian roots who came here because she wanted her children to experience living in an Islamic country.  She resigned within three months.

As for me, I had multiple reasons, money being the last (first was because I felt my life in the US was becoming 'stale'; second was to experience an entirely new culture most Americans never get to be a part of; and third was money, the icing on the cake).

BTW, regarding mingling:  why does King Abdullah's university (KAUST) allow it?  Does this make him a 'bad' Muslim?

Alliecat, I am afraid you're mentioning the exceptions not whats generally happening. You do a poll, asking why people come to Saudi and I can bet you will see 90% (if least) people saying its because of financial cicumstances or related ones.

Having said that I do not disregard your commnents that exceptions do not exists. Yes they do.

Regarding KAU subject, I consider that Hypochrisy is thats the case. Point is allicat, you're arguing on subject whre you do not have experience as you posses little knowledge of Islam obviously.
If you want to get more details about understand all this, sure we can discuss this.

:one: on what @gashead said above.

I always count opinion below as sarcastic.

noorbond wrote:

If you don't like the rules then leave. No one is making you stay...

Alliecat wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

You seem to have modified some of what you'd said earlier.  Bravo!

And btw, please don't anybody take what I've said here as being 'against' Saudis.  I know many Saudis and my experience has been 99.9% delightful!  But, ironically, even they have complained to me about the strictness here and how they are forced to be 'discrete' (I call it sneaking around lol) in order to have a 'normal' life.

If you found it modified, accept my apologies for that.
If you go through my comments earlier, I mentioned that many things here have been modified or made more stricter than it should have been which imposes bad image on non-muslim.
But again many things here are right (from perspective of Islam) which are not followed by most of muslim countries.

Closed