Immigration Advice Needed

My wife and I obtained permanet US resiency in Jan this year.We returned to SA in order to position ourselves for the move eg selling our property and obtaining employment. On our return we found out that my wife is pregnant which has delayed our immigration plans significantly. Her due date is 5 October 2012 which leaves us with very liitle time (about two months) before a year has elapsed. In the event that we are unable to immigrate within this year  - what  are our prospects of obtaing a returning  resident visa ?

Welcome to Expat.com  willem van aswegen!

Hope that other members will soon share their experience with you.;)

Harmonie.

Hi, i did not understand if you are a permanent resident  (GreenCard Holder)
Or just hold a tourist Visa?

please clear that...It is important in order to give the correct advise

Also, what country are you from?  SA?
How long have you been there in your country for, after returning from the U.S

Thank you

Hi There, thank you for your reply.

I am indeed a green card holder.

I am a South African citizen and returned to SA since in the beginning of January this year

Hello Williem,
My name is Suzie Iam
I'm not an Attorney and my opinion is based on the best of my knowledge & understanding regarding the Immigration Law...

As per your case dear, iam affraid you are in a little trouble concerning your documents and the INS

There are certain travel restrictions
In order to maintain your status as a green card holder;Physical presence in the U.S is required

exceeding the amount of time allowed out of the country which is six (6) months could jeopardize your return or perhaps your residency in the United States

I would suggest you to contact a Reputable-Immigration Lawyer here in the US

Sincerelly,