Coming to Perth in August 2012

Hi there

Patrick n Maria here, relocating to Perth in August as wife has a very good job got in a hospital there.  We need to find tempo accommodation near Perth City and would like to know any good areas to look in...1 bed house or Flat etc, furnished up to €500 PW...Till we find our feet and can buy a property.
Also as husband has sold his business and will he needs to find work in retail or computer service related areas, or he will go mental having nothing to do..... As he has been self employed since 1994 will this be a problem for him as he has no references since he ran his own retail and service computer business for all those years.
We really would love to make friends with people before we leave as it would be great to know some people in the area....We hate being strangers as we are so friendly and have always had an open house for all.....

All replies are so welcome... even if you have bad news for us.....

Good morning Patrick and Maria, welcome to Expat.com!

Concerning accommodation and work, i suggest you to check out the Housing in Perth and Jobs in Perth sections, you may as well post your advert there.

Good luck ;)

Francesca

Hi,
i am from Pakistan and thinking to apply for Australian immigration, but unfortunately my points are less so i have to apply for State sponsorship visa i.e. 176 subclass. I need some information about IT market in Perth? and also like to make new friends and wanted to join communities. So that when i more from here with my family, i must know few people over there.

Hi Patrick and Maria,

Welcome to Expat. We would love to help you guys. When we moved over from The Netherlands in 2004 we rented a fully furnished property through Poms in Perth. This was very good. They have properties for rent north of Perth. If you guys want to rent fully furnished you can already look at the Reiwa website, is reiwa.com.au on this site you will a lot of properties for rent. At the moment there are not enough properties for rent so you have a lot of competition. Try to look at the poms in perth website as well because you can already arrange this before you leave. Are you guys already in Australia? If Patrick needs help with finding work maybe we can help him as well, my husband Peter has a big network, breakfast meetings and all kind of other network meetings so if you would like help with this as well give us some more details.

Good luck with all the preparations!

Mirelle ;)

Hello Patrick and Maria,
My husband and I just moved to Perth from USA three months ago. It was tough finding a place, however we did check out Reiwa.com.au. Anyway, we needed to find something near Perth and we were lucky. We are currently renting in a suburb called Atwell. It's very nice and people are friendly. We are only 18 min from Perth and 15 min from Fremantle. We love it here. 

Hope this bit of information helps. By the way my name is Arlene and my husbands name is Travis. Let me know if you have any questions.

Wish you both the best of luck!

Hello Everyone,

My husband has already moved to Perth and I will be joining him at the end of August with our doggie.  We are from the US as well.  It would be nice to get in touch when I get there.

Thankfully my husband took over an apartment right on the Swan River in Perth.  I went to visit in April and absolutely love it there.

Hi Patrick and Maria

try looking at reiwa.com.au and realestate.com.au for rentals.  And like everyone says, it's hard to get rentals here so it's advisable to get any referrals you can back home in writing as it'll help you secure a place.  Perhaps also look at gumtree as some people do advertise there and some people are breaking their lease. 

Also, if you're looking for temporary accommodation for a month or so till you find something to rent, (assuming that your shipment for funiture and all that hasn't arrived yet) then perhaps try looking at Quest and/or Medina service apartments for rent till you guys get settled. 

Hope this helps!