Street kids.

A while ago, there was a thread about street kids but no real conclusions.
Should anyone be feeling philanthropic, this may be worth a look.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/big … ids/530573

The front gate of Kampus Diakonia Modern swings open in the breeze, the light iron hinges wailing softy as the sound of children playing echoes in the distance. The gate of the alternative school is only locked at night for security reasons. There are no attempts here to make a midnight escape.

KDM tries to be a place of encouragement and learning. After all, it's a school for street kids, not a prison. The school's rescue team frequently hits the streets of Jakarta in the hopes of finding kids who are looking for a better life.

I should stress this is only from a newspaper report so requires checking for veracity but looks good on the surface.

Thanks for the article mas Fred.. I hope the article is true in its words and print.. :|

Lets hope there's light at the end of the tunnel for these poor children. :|

Jaz

@mas fred, I just read the article. You're right, that's worth a look. Thanks for sharing them :)

These kids just need to be given a chance in life, instead of the adults taking advantage of them and exploiting them. :|

I'm sure these kids are talented and when guided and given some support, they make something of them self and better their life.

I dont want to go off topic but i came across this video clip on you tube, cant remember exactly how, it may have been on this forum..
Take a look at this link. Its in the Asia region and this particular clip touched the hearts of many..

dear all..i have been working out with the street children..i know KDM (yayasan sahabat anak,right?)
there are lot of commissions for the street children actually..

if you have spare time and willing to help me teaching for them or do whatever useful for them,feel free to contact me..

jazzy851 wrote:

I dont want to go off topic but i came across this video clip on you tube, cant remember exactly how, it may have been on this forum..
Take a look at this link. Its in the Asia region and this particular clip touched the hearts of many..

Don't worry about off topic. That bang on as it's about a street kid.
Worry about a duff link.

This is the real one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ46Ot4_ … re=related

aabie ryan wrote:

dear all..i have been working out with the street children..i know KDM (yayasan sahabat anak,right?)
there are lot of commissions for the street children actually..

if you have spare time and willing to help me teaching for them or do whatever useful for them,feel free to contact me..

Now, this is really positive stuff.
When, where and so on?

there are several places that we can visit..
1. Dilts Foundation at Jagakarsa
2. Yayasan Anak Akar,some place around Kalimalang..i dont remember the address..
3. several posts from ISCO (Indonesian Street Children Organization)
and many more..

about the time..i need to contact their PIC for details..just let me know who will be the troops??

let's shaaaarrrreeeee...

http://www.iscofoundation.org/
29 Slum Areas, 2196 Children are scattered over:
Greater Jakarta:
Cipinang Besar Selatan, East Jakarta
Cipinang Besar Utara
Manggarai, South Jakarta
Kampung Gege, Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta
Kampung Lio, Depok, South Outskirt of Jakarta
Tanah Merah, Semper, North Jakarta
Pesing (JakBar)
Kampung Mangga (JakUt)
Kosambi (Cengkareng)
Semanan (Cengkareng)
Kebon Melati (JakPus)
Penjaringan (JakUt)
Kali Baru (JakUt)
Pademangan Utara (JakUt)
Pademangan Timut
Mangga Dua (JakUt)
Kebon Jahe (JakBar)

That's what I meant,,if you want to meet the teenagers,we can visit the Cipinang Besar..

aabie ryan wrote:

That's what I meant,,if you want to meet the teenagers,we can visit the Cipinang Besar..

I'm game.
Dig out an address and I'll take a look.

Welcome on board,Cadet!!

I'm glad to have companion for this..

aabie ryan wrote:

Welcome on board,Cadet!!

I'm glad to have companion for this..

Cadet - WOW - I feel all young. :D

I'll have a serious look after the holiday.
I'm sure there's something positive we can do.

So..mas Fred is on the board,and also few friends here...

Anyone else?
If you wanna join,please raise your hand!!
:D