Wanting to move to bali

Hi all expats,

Recently i travelled to bali for a holliday for 1 month, In the first couple of days i met a beautiful indonesian woman whom was working as PR in an upmarket resturant. At first she didnt want to know me but i consistently droped past her resturaunt every night for a week until she finaly agreed to come with me for a drink.

Long story short, we spent every day and night together for the next 3 weeks and both fell head over heals for eachother, leaving her to come home was so hard and now im back home i cant stop thinking about being with her.

So im thinking about packing up my life in Aus to move there an a 6 month visa (sposored by her), and seeing how the relationship progresses. My questions are:

-can i make an income or start a business in bali? (i run a small business in Aus, and have business management qualifications) I understand this is not as easy as it sounds.

-if i came back to bali with $10,000 AUD could we survive a comfortable life style for 6 months.

-Is it easy to find rentals in seminyak for a 6 month lease?

welcome to Expat.com, rueboy!

Hi Rueboy,

congratulation to your relationship in Bali,

live in bali is actually cheap if we live for standar cost, 10.000 AUD is quite enough for 6 month, but it will not enough too if you take a high lifestyle, for that amount you must lease just apartment (not a house-cost that expensive for that amount), we called it KOS (apartment) , it can be payed for 1-3 million rupiah/month,

so with that stabdaar life you can survive in bali.

may it helps you...

Hi
There are 3 questions towards the end of your post the answer to all is Yes..However Seminyak area is among the most expensive in Bali, so consider adjoining areas also
Good luck

hey ,,
you got the same case as my friend..
the question number:
1. yes, you can but then you need to do some research first but if you only stay here 6 months then i dunno what kinda business you wanna run. n if you wanna work u need to have kitas (permission working) ,,.
2. that amount is enough depends on the lifestyle..
for your consideration, a house in Kerobokan area is rent out for 24 million rupiah per year which is not so far from seminyak :)
3. i think its possible to rent a house for 6 months and if you wanna stay in a villa there are so many villas in seminyak you can rent whatever long you want :)

Rueboy,

If you are planning to live your life like a real expat who is sent by mother company to come to work in Indonesia, then AUS$ 10,000.00 won't give you room to breath for as long as 6 months.

However, if you are planning to live your life just like any Indonesian who can be considered as mid-income employees, then those amount will help you to live as long as 1 year without a job, max. spending of Rp. 9,000,000.00/month (which is pretty good life for the locals).

Finding a job is easy, finding a good job or good position is in questions.

All in all, good luck to you.