Driving license at Nairobi for Expat

hello all,
i will be coming to Nairobi for job. i will need Driving license at Nairobi /Kenya. Is Indian license acceptable at Nairobi.
What is the procedure to get the driving license at Nairobi.
Will it be better to have International driving license issued at India or to apply for fresh license at Nairobi.  how much time does it takes.

Please help.

Regards

Hi

Having an international driving license definitely helps and you can get a local license if you have one without any tests

Hi alekh.singh, this thread may help you > Driving license in Kenya.;)

Harmonie.

I was issued with a Kenyan driving licence, based on the fact that I had a full UK licence (I applied through the AA).  I don't think that this applies universally, for licences from other countries - your Kenyan Embassy should be able to advise you.

Overseas licences are valid for a limited time, in Kenya.

Hi!
Whatever you can do in your country regarding driving license would be better and (probably) faster.
I've just got my driving license in Nairobi and found it time consuming/titing/frustrating.
The driving test took me a whole day, and I was the only non-Swahili speaker; it was "an experience" to say the least. After you pass the test they will give an interim license and the official takes around 3 months to be issued.
Try AA (there is one in Village Market - Nairobi -0207120206 ) and they will help you with your license issues.
Good luck and happy driving!!