For the love of music

Hi everyone!

Are there any musicians out there who miss playing with others? I'm a vocalist/songwriter who misses jamin. If anyone is interested in getting together to play please let me know. I would love to hear from any musicians out there.

I'm new to Nairobi and hope to make new friends with all of you! Let me know if anyone is also up for a coffee sometime.

Cheers!

Welcome to Expat.com belle_vie!;)

Have you tried to post an advert in the Activities section of Nairobi classifieds, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Harmonie - Thanks for the tip and welcome! I'll look into it!

Cheers!

Hi

If you like jazz, go check out Different Faces band at Slim's in Kilimani on Tue night or Brew Bistro on Thu night. Edward Parseen's is the front man and is really cool to jam with. Edward invites lots of people to come up as guest vocalists.

His band's email is [email protected]

There is a great jazz band also Wed night at Art Caffe but I have never seen them invite any vocalists to jam.

There is also a group called Limericks that plays up at Osteria on Tue night I think. Eddie is the front man, fantastic guitar player. They also have a regular vocalist named Faveur. But you could see about jamming with them.

Those are the main groups that come to mind for me.

Good luck. I left Nairobi in February. I miss my music spots.

Enjoy.

carlhenn - Thank you for all your suggestions! They all sound great! I can't wait to check them out!

Hey belle_vie,
I have a group of young friends who are fine musicians and they have formed a music company called Rich Music,you cn check them out at: richmusickenya.com/rich_music_limited/Welcome.html

Hi Chicita - I just looked at the website, and it looks great! I look forward to reaching out to them.

Thank you!

You are welcome.
I hope that you get to have fun.

Hi!
I'm up for a coffee so inbox me sometime.
Cheers!

Hi Gazelle,

I would love to have coffee, I send you message!

Belle, Jambo!

I just found this site and am interested in hearing about life in Nairobi. I am from the states, but I've been living and working in Abu Dhabi for the past two years. Just recently, I visited Kenya for two weeks and am now kind of curious about the place...how is life in Nairobi for an American expat?

Let me know when you get a chance. Asante sana!

Ayanna A.