Howz NZ for Industrial designers?

Dear Expat.com and friends,

I am an Industrial designer, did my Masters in Industrial Design from IIT Delhi, session 2000-2002. My graduation was in the field of Architecture. At the moment, besides doing my own professional practice as an Industrial design consultant, I am also teaching part time in some good colleges in the field of Design and Architecture.

I am exploring New Zealand as one of the probable destinations where I would like to immigrate sheerly because of the easy way of life. But I really do not know the current state or ground reality over there. Nor am I aware about the prevailing job scenario in the field of Industrial design or design education, if I have to choose my career in this domain.

I am survived by my wife, who is a post graduate Masters in Science (M.Sc.) in Biotechnology and graduation B.Sc. in Agriculture Science, although she has been primarily a house wife since past few years.

We keenly look forward for any direction or starting point. Although NZ immigration website do show our areas as growth areas but we really do not know if recession has stuck bad there as well and if it is a good place to begin new life, if one is considering to stick into the field of Design, Industrial design.

Thanks in advance

Hello Sugandh,m.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

You can read the various articles in the New Zealand participative guide.

Do not hesitate to ask your questions and to go through the other threads on the New Zealand forum. It can help as well.

Thank you,
Aurélie