Driving license in Trinidad and Tobago

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Trinidad and Tobago?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Trinidad and Tobago?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

Hi,

If you are a non-resident and the holder of a valid driving permit from another country, you are entitled to drive for 90 days from the date of arrival in Trinidad and Tobago with your foreign driving permit.  If your period of stay is more than 90 days, you are required to apply for a Trinidad and Tobago driving permit.

If you stay for more than 90 days, then you have to purchase a Regulation Study Guide and Highway Code available from the cashier at all Transport Division offices for TT$15.00 (USD 2.10). This Guide will help you prepare for the written regulation examination. 

When you are ready to write the exam, you must bring three passport size photos with a green background to the nearest Transport Division office and:

* Complete Application for Driving Permit/Endorsement (Form No. 4).
* Produce your valid foreign driving permit and passport showing date of entry.
* Complete the written regulation exam to test your knowledge of traffic signs, motor vehicle laws and safe driving techniques.
Pay the applicable fee if successful.

No appointment is necessary.  You can usually collect your driver's permit the same day if you come to the office before noon.

If you wait more than 90 days after your arrival to apply for a driving permit, you must complete the entire process for obtaining a driving permit, including a road test.

:top:

Hi

Can you tell me if i can Print of the Application for Driving Permit/Endorsement (Form No. 4) online? As well, what is the fee?

Thank you..

How do I go about applying for my license as a new driver?

So, I don't have to make an appointment for the regulations exam. I just have to walk in with my documents and they will give me the test? They will give me permit if I pass?

Did you get the driver's permit?

Hi Adeulf and Deborah Belcon,

Feel free to start a new topic with all your questions or for sharing information on the Trinidad and Tobago Forum please

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

:D
it is long time ago response for question, but still now I face the same problem with licence officer.
I had the foreign driving licence and passed regulation test, with 90 days since my first entry in T&T. but the licence officer insist to request me to driving test, I do not want to follow.
I wanna to know where I can find the procedure or regulation of T&T to show him, " hi, officer, this is the rule you wanna to see the rugulation."

still looking forward to it, if you can give me some idea, that will be appreciated.

thanks
steven, MENG