Life in Shinyanga?

Hi guys!!
I am moving to shinyanga in two months time. Can anyone tell me hows life there?

Hi cindybans!

An introduction maybe?
I guess it could help ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi everyone!

I'm Cindy from Mauritius n actually living in China. I've been offered a job in Shinyanga n planned to be there in abt two months. Any info abt life in shinyanga? is it safe there? food?

Hello cindybans.

Do not hesitate to browse the Tanzania forum. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

we have been working there for 2 years.  it is a pretty quiet town with a few decent bars and places to eat.  the basics are available at sarina supermarket and ally salum's shop but don't expect much - there are only two aisles and the prices are high! however, the owners will get you what you want if you have special requests.

we work at savannah plains international school whee there are a few expats - from the uk, australia and south africa.  we tend to go to mwanza for the weekends to meet other people, play on the lake on boats and fishing and have some different food.

are you joining the school or where will you be living/working?  keep in touch...

hi
Don't worry life is good there.Though not at your level of wish but you will be able to get what you need otherwise.Nearby city of Mwanza you can go there and meet many from outside Tanzania.Also there are cute hotels in mwanza plus other entertainments.You can get asian,western and european meal.Welcome Tanzania.