Can a Muslim girl marry to a Non-Muslim guy

Just curious,if they can, will they like to marry Non-Muslim guy?

Nope, may be some greedy girls for money would do....well, if he is "rich".

Not a chance.  Islam allows men to marry non muslim women (jews or christians only) but not the other way round.

giasi wrote:

Not a chance.  Islam allows men to marry non muslim women (jews or christians only) but not the other way round.

Agreed !!

you tried?

giasi wrote:

what tried?!

like asking a Muslim girl for a date

james.hamad wrote:

what tried?!

Well, I'm a muslim .. so it doesn't apply on me!

But I know the fact that from religious point of view, a Muslim girl is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim!

In secular states (which represent most of the world's nations), religious and civil marriages are two separate formalities and where the civil marriage is the legally recognised form of marriage.

In a secular state, there are no restrictions preventing a muslim woman from marrying a non-muslim man.

So, let me ask the bigots out there - why is a muslim man allowed to marry a non-muslim and not a woman? I understand that this is not haraam or proscribed in the Koran.

Sandman6 wrote:

So, let me ask the bigots out there - why is a muslim man allowed to marry a non-muslim and not a woman?

Islam says that a muslim man is allowed to marry only devout christian or jewish women, as they're among the people of the book and they worship the same God as us. a muslim woman, however, cannot marry a non muslim man because when it comes to raising the children as muslims, shes going to need the support of her husband, and its not always likely that hes going to give it to her. a muslim woman can't raise the children all by herself and teach them her religion on her own. the children are going to look up to their father, and will obey and listen to him afterall. the non muslim husband may also do things which tend to go against our religion, and the children, even the wife, could be influenced by that. raising children as muslims is an important task, one that is to be taken very seriously. the non muslim husband may also tell his wife to do things which could go against her religion, and we're taught in islam that the wife should always obey her husband. such marriages could put her in difficult situations..

islam always tries to make life as easy as possible for muslims and avoids things that can bring any kind of harm to us, physically or spiritually. it recognizes all the problems that are bound to occur if marriages between non muslim men and muslim women take place, so its forbidden it completely. when marrying only a muslim man, the muslim woman can be guaranteed that she'll be safe to practice her religion with no problems whatsoever, for she has the support of her husband when raising her children, and she won't worry about the possibility of having to compromise her beliefs. she wouldn't have any trouble practicing her own religion in her own room amongst her own family. thats why islam encourages muslim women to only marry muslim men..

Sandman6 wrote:

I understand that this is not haraam or proscribed in the Koran.

I hope you will read the proof from Quran. Please check this one.
http://www.islamawareness.net/Marriage/fatwa_10.html

harira111 wrote:
Sandman6 wrote:

So, let me ask the bigots out there - why is a muslim man allowed to marry a non-muslim and not a woman?

Islam says that a muslim man is allowed to marry only devout christian or jewish women, as they're among the people of the book and they worship the same God as us. a muslim woman, however, cannot marry a non muslim man because when it comes to raising the children as muslims, shes going to need the support of her husband, and its not always likely that hes going to give it to her. a muslim woman can't raise the children all by herself and teach them her religion on her own. the children are going to look up to their father, and will obey and listen to him afterall. the non muslim husband may also do things which tend to go against our religion, and the children, even the wife, could be influenced by that. raising children as muslims is an important task, one that is to be taken very seriously. the non muslim husband may also tell his wife to do things which could go against her religion, and we're taught in islam that the wife should always obey her husband. such marriages could put her in difficult situations..

islam always tries to make life as easy as possible for muslims and avoids things that can bring any kind of harm to us, physically or spiritually. it recognizes all the problems that are bound to occur if marriages between non muslim men and muslim women take place, so its forbidden it completely. when marrying only a muslim man, the muslim woman can be guaranteed that she'll be safe to practice her religion with no problems whatsoever, for she has the support of her husband when raising her children, and she won't worry about the possibility of having to compromise her beliefs. she wouldn't have any trouble practicing her own religion in her own room amongst her own family. thats why islam encourages muslim women to only marry muslim men..

Thanks for your kindly explanation, there is another issue: what if the child himself don't be a muslim?
I saw a lot iranian young people they don't like their religion,they are muslim just because their parents are muslim, some of them think they are forced to be muslim, and they believe in god though.

harira111 wrote:
Sandman6 wrote:

I understand that this is not haraam or proscribed in the Koran.

I hope you will read the proof from Quran. Please check this one.
http://www.islamawareness.net/Marriage/fatwa_10.html

Thanks for the explanation!

hi harira,

I like the way you explain the Islamic law, I was not knowing this even I am Muslim. I learn from you just an important point.

appreciate your understanding ..

Very good explanation.

I think this question is not proper in this site,
I don't know what the attention behind this question?
Better to share experience and information that makes people closer rather than conflicting questions
So don't be fool to argue, this is my opinion and I guess many of audiences agree with me

@ fuqian

Like Harira mentioned in the explanation above about the possible issues with muslim woman marrying non-muslim man and there after. You have question with children thought and belief which is secondary but important part of married life however before that Harira has also mentioned about the consequences that muslim woman can face in practicing her religion and certain acts may put her in a situation which could be very difficult for her to choose between a religion or relation.
I don't know about Irani people or new generation but what I have heard on news and youtube is that Iran has many Jews. For your information they have the similar name as Muslims and off-course  their attire won't be different from any other muslim irani man or woman. Other possibility could be that those children are born to the interreligion marriage so they really don't any thing about islam or they have been misguided.  This is a parents duty to teach the basic fundamentals of Islam to their children at early age.
And my friend I have question for you. "Why do you want to date and marry Muslim woman?"
"What is your purpose of asking this question?"