Formalities to bring your pet in the Maldives

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in the Maldives?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in the Maldives?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in the Maldives?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

Hi Julien,

Me again. Unfortunately and much to my demise, dogs are not allowed in the country. As far as cats, they are allowed but I am not so sure about which vaccines are required. I can double check on this for you with someone I know who works at the airport and I'll get back to you.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tips.;)

Are small dogs allowed

Hi Micky moo..

small dogs or "puppies" are not allowed here :(

Hi there, is there any reason why they do not allow dogs in yet they sell them there?

I got a job offer there but also love my dog to bits and there is no way i will leave her behind.

I'd like to refresh and pin myself to the topic. I'm considering to come for vacation to Maledives, and I would like, if possible, to take along my cat. What are the formalities and vaccinations, required? For I already read that cats are allowed. I live in Switzerland, and my cat have swiss passport.

Hellow i am from maldives ,maldives is a islamic region and us muslims are forbidden to touch dogs, pigs etc..  and dogs are not allowed in maldives .. but cats are .