Expat Club Saudi Arabia! "interested? c`mon in!"

Queensday reception at Netherlands Embassy premises

April 30, 2012, 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM

Any activities in Jeddah?

i think there is a party at the south african embassy on the 26th of april!

i smell party

Hi all I arrived in Riyadh first week in April - early days yet - but would like to meet up with as many expats out here as possible. When and where is the next meet/party?

count me in

i just wanna say something to all our brothers saudi arabians  we all egyptian love you you are our arabic neighborhood  if something stupid happened for sure this isn't resemble all egyptian all the 90 million

Mostafa samy wrote:

i just wanna say something to all our brothers saudi arabians  we all egyptian love you you are our arabic neighborhood  if something stupid happened for sure this isn't resemble all egyptian all the 90 million

What?!?

loopy you don't hear the news ?

Yep.. Saudia has pulled their ambassador out of Egypt.

At the point of reading this I hadn't heard no but it was the random comment that confuzzled me - they were taking about being invited to parties above It was early in the morning I hadn't yet opened my eyes :blink:

hehe

discussing politics these days !!

TheLoneRanger wrote:

discussing politics these days !!

yes, and to up-date:  Saudia has sent their ambassador BACK to Egypt!

traveling to Yanbu industrial city on saturday or sunday for a week on a business trip....will be free in the evening.....anyone been there already to give me some tips on places to see as tourist ??

What about the meeting guys?

When I get to the KSA, I wanna join you..

gokhanTheConqueror wrote:

What about the meeting guys?

When I get to the KSA, I wanna join you..

Where would you be landing? And when? Hope you reach safely to KSA. Welcome in Advance.

OMG the last post was june 10 any update please.....
what about the expat from jeddah? hello we want to join too.

Emman Lopez wrote:

OMG the last post was june 10 any update please.....
what about the expat from jeddah? hello we want to join too.

Hi Emman :)  They just talk a lot on this thread--nothing ever comes to fruition lol

I think it would much more plausible for small groups of members who live within close reach of one another to join together to form their own sub clubs so they could simply call on the phone and meet up at a common place whenever they choose for some socializing, dinner, drinks, chat, and whatever else surfaces. Managing and running a whole club for a larger group is virtually impossible in this neck of the sands. We have tried and failed miserably over the decades.

Salman Omrani wrote:

Howdy everbody!

I've been thinking, and I bet so were many others, that we should stop talking about how to make friends and just get on with making them.:cheers:

so I've got this great idea of starting a social network (in real life) so we can meet-up, have fun activities or share life experiences and even discuss business and politics in a safe and friendly atmosphere, I'll call it the "Expat Club" for now, once we start getting members we can actully make it official and decide what who and how.

for starters, lets set-up a casual get together in Riyadh city (since I'm living here :P) on a weekend and findout if people are serious in meeting new faces and making new friends.. we can think-up some outdoor activites for later on, such as desert trips or tours inside as well as outside of riyadh, we might (depending on the members) organize visits or monthly meetings (or quarterly even "every three months) in others cities like Jeddah or Dammam. it's just an idea and its just the begining, it depends on you to make it happen.

here goes nothing :P , I'm setting a weekend thursday 15th October as a first meeting date, your welcome to suggest a better date for valid reasons.

so what are you people waiting for? lets hear what you got to say! :D

Salman Omrani

Add me too as I will visit Riyadh in December this year.

Hey, we have already started one and usually meet up every quarter. Expats are free to join us

Yes, some of us are doing it, as well :)

You havent invited me to any of them yet, Allie? Naughty gal!

musicman wrote:

You havent invited me to any of them yet, Allie? Naughty gal!

You dropped off the grid, MM! So good to see you back again :)

OK count me in for the next big bash

musicman wrote:

OK count me in for the next big bash

And a little bash? lol

Are Jill n dave still around? I know that some of the others have already left the Kingdom for good, sadly. They were all fantastic company. And where has Nonzie disappeared to?

Jeddah is fun!

Greetings Salman,
i just moved here yesterday from the states. I'm very interested in getting out and socializing, fishing, camping,scuba diving,golfing or whatever. So if you and your club are into anything like this just let me know and i'm there. Work willing that is.
And Hello to all the other expats here.

Dear members,

Some posts have been moved and necessary actions taken.
Could we now stick to the subject of the thread please?

Thanks
Armand

thanks Armand, much needed action...sticking to the subject, so when are we going to get this expat club together...just talk talk talk, we need some action :P come on VIP's we need you

imraan007 wrote:

thanks Armand, much needed action...sticking to the subject, so when are we going to get this expat club together...just talk talk talk, we need some action :P come on VIP's we need you

Thanx Armand, Though I felt you should have intervened a bit earlier, I would have been saved from reading all the crap !! :D

@ Imraan007 - Buddy East coast people had it Y'day and I bet it would have been fun..... :)

hmmmmm...missing out on the action bro. anyway next time you visit me in Al-Hasa :)

imraan007 wrote:

hmmmmm...missing out on the action bro. anyway next time you visit me in Al-Hasa :)

Sorry for the Ignorance, But where is Al-Hasa ?? Tried to google it, and Al-hofuf popped up... Is that the Same location ??? :)

Saimans:

Try Al Ahsa - its in the eastern province.

hey allie where in the states are you from

@keldog Grew up in Chicago but adult years in NJ.  You?

I grew up in Cali butas of late its been florida.
so ive been reading this forum for a few days. Does anyone ever actually get together? or do they just talk alot?

keldog wrote:

I grew up in Cali butas of late its been florida.
so ive been reading this forum for a few days. Does anyone ever actually get together? or do they just talk alot?

Usually just talk alot bur FiFiMiller (and a new member, too!) stepped up offering her location and got a meeting together in record time!!

The whole problem is always a secure location.  If it's anything public, singles are taking a big chance and usually don't attend.