Expat blog Gathering In Jakarta- July, 6

where will the meeting be held? n what time?

^
Setiabudi One in Amadeus Cafe
at 730 pm
You in?

They're 43. But I tried to reserve for 45.
If there's any question, just PM. Thanks! :)

how much should I pay?

pramesti wrote:

how much should I pay?

Only Internation's gathering have to pay before you join :)

I'm no really sure if we all gonna fit in Amadeus, but it's okay, I think it will be kinda cocktail party :) Still nice place to have a gathering.

In case if want to change location please don't choose locations like liquid exchange; nice place but too noisy, all we can do is drink and stare each other. Same goes to live music places. Because in Indonesia if there is a speaker in a place and highest volume is 10, it must be always 10, there is no way place owner makes it 8... That's the rule.

ooouch, I'm so sorry for this Cjuliana and all friends here, I have to fly to Jogjakarta at 6th of July...  so it is impossible for me to join the gathering... have fun y'all...

@cjuliana and friends :  Im sorry I couldnt join , my flight back to Indonesia at 6th July...will be arrive at 10pm.. I will try to join another time..have fun all !

^
ochie, it's okay if you can't make it. Hope to see you someday. Thanks btw :)

Usually when big gatherings like this starts at 7:30.

Few people always come at 7:30 and leave before 8 by saying sorry I have to rush for a family gathering.

The rest of the people hang in there till 10. End of gathering people in same frequency deciding to move another place like liquid exchange. If they go earlier than that, later comers should call Juliana for next destination.

So in my opinion no big difference between 7 and 8. I will be there early anyways cz of macet.

So for those who come late, give a call when you nearby.

^
ya, you're right.

Btw, I am thinking about changing the venue for some significant reasons. I will inform the venue tomorrow afternoon. Hope it'll be fine with the participants. Thanks.

If not so far from the first destination, I don't think it would be a problem. Of course I prefer more selatan :) but it would be a disaster for those coming from north on friday macet.

or maybe should change the day to other than friday /monday because friday well known for worst traffic...well not for me cause i live in epicentrum rasuna but for others?

Somewhere around Bundaran HI (Grand Indo or Plaza Indo) will be more convenient for me and some others probably. ^_^
However, I'm fine with any place.
Looking forward to your decision, cjuliana. :)
ciao!

Usually the place like Paulaner, Koi, and similar like those places include Bluegrass (still waiting friend's reply), have minimum order or need to down payment first, this is cjuliana's first project hehehe and she is not sure yet how much we spend the money and sometime people change in the last minute (we never known rite?)

I'll help to find a place around Kuningan, Senayan & Thamrin,,,hopefully :)

That I know is Paulaner asked for minimum order IDR8M (include tax) for private room
And the regular table, first come first served, so for this case who want to come at 7 pm in Paulaner? And book for us? :)

happy lunchie,,,ugh lapar

I got 3 options

1.Paulaner
Located in Jl. MH Thamrin No.1(Hotel Indonesia area). As we already know, we need to pay for 8mill for private or we must be there at 6 in order to get the tables.

2.Cork&Screw
Located in Wisma Kodel, still in Kuningan area. Deff no need min order or any reservation. You could find the menu in the website.

3.Bluegrass
Located in Epicentrum. Just got tables for 20 persons. And it will be outside.

I need your comment. Well, I prefer Cork&Screw. Need the replies til tomorrow morning. If there won't be many replies, then I will deff pick C&S.

i vote for Cork & Screw.

so the final decision is at?

Cork & Screw at Wisma Kodel

Iceman60 wrote:

hi everybody,
i am a bit worry to read that the place is not define yet.
juliana, please move ahead !
for Paulaner, for example, no need to take a "special" room at 8 millions. tables can be arranged . They are very friendly and i am sure it is possible specially if you "weight" 40 customers, you have enought elements for negociation with that !
please discuss with them
Thanks,
Nick

this Sunday with few freinds (locals and expats) we plan to meet at Pacific Place (Pacific mall) for an "icecream" at 3PM. it will be very friendly and the opportunity for you to meet other foreign people. If you are are interrested, don't hesitate everybody is welcome
just PM me, and i will give you my bbm for the appointment

Thanks again

Nick

Hey Nick, the ice cream thingy sounds good.. My husband & I won't be able to make it for this Friday's event as we're stucked with another function. It'd b great to just hang out n chat on Sunday as it wont be too hectic.

PM me ur bbm ya.

Cheers!

Nissa

to Cjuliana :

Kindly inform to all participants where's the venue will be held.

Thanks
Mei

cjuliana wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to remind you about the Expat.com meet up in Jakarta.

Date: July 6, 2012
Time: start 7.30 pm
Venue: Cork & Screw in Wisma Kodel
       GROUND FLOOR
       JL. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav. B-S

I invite you to follow this tread to get more information: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=169814

Hope you would be able to come and please inform me if you wouldn't be able to come.

Best,

cjuliana

Juliana, i will be late for coming coz im on training n today is friday not sure im on time, maybe i will be there on 8 or more, sorry, if u hv bbm pls gv me ur pin ya, thanks

meilanyp wrote:

to Cjuliana :

Kindly inform to all participants where's the venue will be held.

Thanks
Mei

Yes, I already sent a reminder to participants. Thanks for the advice :)

@joliefemme, thank you for quoting it.

@Dince Maniez, nevermind. But you should come yah. Cuz I already put your name on the list ;)

I wish not late, but u knw jakarta oh jakarta :(

^
I'll see you there. Just tell the reservation for "Expat-Blog"
Thank you... :top:

ohhh it sounds great & keren! :D

btw, until wat time u guys plan to stay there coz IF the function we're attending finished early tonite, perhaps me n hubby cud probably drop by for drinks only??

Will stop by. Who do I look for?

nissahanim wrote:

btw, until wat time u guys plan to stay there coz IF the function we're attending finished early tonite, perhaps me n hubby cud probably drop by for drinks only??

I'm not sure yet til what time, Nissa. But let's say til midnight. I'll let you know later on. Hope you'd be able to join... :)

asmartrock wrote:

Will stop by. Who do I look for?

Just tell them "Expat-Blog"

Ah, I need to inform about this. Because I don't wanna have any problem with the resto.

"Pay your food/drinks right after your order arrives.."

Thank you for your co-operation :)

Cjuliana, sorry for late notice but me and my colleague gotta do something in office first, might be late. But we are still coming!
will text you later. See you all soon :)

cjuliana wrote:
nissahanim wrote:

I'm not sure yet til what time, Nissa. But let's say til midnight. I'll let you know later on. Hope you'd be able to join... :)

Ok Juli,we'll text each other later ya..
IF i finished say arnd, 10-ish n u guys r still there, I will text ya k..

@misskhouw, yep...I'll wait..

@nissa, ok, mam ;)

Thank you the participations :one

Tx for last nite cjuliana
It was fun

Yeah, thanks for organizing this Juliana!
And Cynthia for helping her out :)

It was great to meet y'all.
Till the next one!

i wasnt able to go, but are there any pics. :) maybe you can share the fun. :)

About the pictures, I haven't got any replies yet from the team, so I can't share anything at the moment. Thanks :)

Morning all...
monday again...
thx to Juliana for this gathering...
hope can meet all of you again next time...

happy working....!