4G Connect New Mobily Internet Provider

Friends, Anyone using this new internet service. If yes, pls let me know hows the performance !!!

I just changed from 3G to 4G Mobily, but the service is much worse than the 3G what I used to get earlier. :(

Yeah I just bought the 6mbps service yesterday. I was trying to sort out an issue the whole night but in vain. I was not able to setup a simple password on my router.

Secondly, I am indifferent about the performance speedwise. I went from 2mbps to 6mbps (so they say). I hardly notice any difference. I am getting only 2 bars on the signal strength. Maybe that could be the reason.

Another issue I faced was that suddenly the router signal bars would turn Blue (indicates UMTS and dunno what it does). The impact on browsing was that the connection goes dead. No borwsing possible further.

How many bars do you get?

But since it has just been one night so far, I'd give it more time to settle.

I get the full strength till the modem is working, but after 15 minutes or so the modem restarts off its own and The blue signal comes for some seconds.

I went today to the Mobily shop, they changed some settings and did some troubleshooting and told me to check for another couple of days and if the problem is persistent, they would change this set !!!

So till that time keeping my fingers crossed. BTW after the troubleshooting, its working fine for the last 2 hrs !!!;)

I have the same issue as you and the modem restarts off its own accord.

I guess it needs a visit to the Mobily shop.

Do tell on how it goes for you.

I'm using the lan cable for the internet connectivity now and not through WIFI and the frequency of getting disconnected has reduced a bit. Like used to get disconnected in every 20-25mins and now in 1hr or so.

Will take it again to the Mobily shop for trouble shooting. BTW,  for the first time the customer care of the subscriber didnt disappoint me, so a silver lining !! :)

saimans wrote:

I'm using the lan cable for the internet connectivity now and not through WIFI and the frequency of getting disconnected has reduced a bit. Like used to get disconnected in every 20-25mins and now in 1hr or so.

Will take it again to the Mobily shop for trouble shooting. BTW,  for the first time the customer care of the subscriber didnt disappoint me, so a silver lining !! :)

The customer service hasnt shined for me. They can't get away with a good customer service for long when the internet service is not upto what they promise.

OMG, why dint I read this before. I've got my 4G Router two weeks back. Similar problems, yet to find a solution.
But luckily for me, I paid only SR 1220 for a 15 months on my 6mbps Unlimited data plan including the wifi  modem.

I'm planning to replace it with a 3G modem. Will update this in case of any luck. :)

I was about to bump this post to get updates from @saimans and @agent47 :) Thanls for doing that for me Dave.

My Go connection subscription is expiring tomorrow and it's going for good this time. Will do the same for the time being: 3.5G USB modem ;)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I was about to bump this post to get updates from @saimans and @agent47 :) Thanls for doing that for me Dave.

My Go connection subscription is expiring tomorrow and it's going for good this time. Will do the same for the time being: 3.5G USB modem ;)

I must add that the speeds are as promised during the night time. Downloads my movies / games really fast. However, it disconnects on its own several times.

Guys - No doubt the speed is good, But it still gets disconnected of its own at times,:( but the good thing is that the frequency of it getting disconnected is decreased considerably. Now it gets DC in couple of hrs.... The worst part is if you are in the mid of downloading something.... And I'm forced to live with this issue !!!:(

saimans wrote:

Guys - No doubt the speed is good, But it still gets disconnected of its own at times,:( but the good thing is that the frequency of it getting disconnected is decreased considerably. Now it gets DC in couple of hrs.... The worst part is if you are in the mid of downloading something.... And I'm forced to live with this issue !!!:(

Ditto.. Happened last night also.:idontagree:

Place your router outside window and test, i placed my mobily router outside i don't face any breakdown
http://static.geekbeat.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Amped-Wireless-20000G-Router-Range.png

@ Wilson - Tried to keep it out of the window also, but the results are the same !!!:(

saimans wrote:

@ Wilson - Tried to keep it out of the window also, but the results are the same !!!:(

Place the router outside the window. Not your laptop (As shown in the image attached by Wilson) :P

wilson_derry wrote:

Place your router outside window and test, i placed my mobily router outside i don't face any breakdown

@wilson, tell me where you home is ;) I have intentions to abduct your router coz it seems a better unit than others. :lol:

Update: Mobily sales representative came to my office and accepted to exchange the 4G Routers with new ones.

Seems like their routers are defective.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Update: Mobily sales representative came to my office and accepted to exchange the 4G Routers with new ones.

Seems like their routers are defective.

In my opinion, your current routers must be fine (as long as Mobily doesn't produce them ;)). The problem is with the technology.

I know the fact since ages: 4G LTE is 3.9G; just like WiMax. It's not the 4th Generation. So, I don't overexpect from it. The new routers may make the situation a little better.

Very Quick Ref here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication) apart from tonns of other articles.

Hi Guys, I moved to AlKhobar 3 months back and initially opted for the compound's DSL service which expires on 5th August. They have offered me the next six months renewal for SAR 1500 (unlimited download). I was considering switching to 4G. Could anyone advise me which is better? Either to continue with DSL or to switch to 4G? If 4G, then which is the best service provider?

Thanks in advance.

snambiar wrote:

Hi Guys, I moved to AlKhobar 3 months back and initially opted for the compound's DSL service which expires on 5th August. They have offered me the next six months renewal for SAR 1500 (unlimited download). I was considering switching to 4G. Could anyone advise me which is better? Either to continue with DSL or to switch to 4G? If 4G, then which is the best service provider?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have any problems with DSL? I'm asking because I've only used 4G here. Speed is ok for most part of the day, but router disconnects a zillion times a day.

Don't be allured by 4G-LTE marketing campaigns. Hold on for a few months. Pure 4G is just on the way to be announced publicly.

snambiar wrote:

Thanks in advance.

@Ghanshyam: the only issue I had with DSL was when it got disconnected for a weekend after a sandstorm. The connection to the whole compound was restored only after the weekend. The speed is also OK. But what about the $$ part? Which is more economical, without compromising the speed?

@ legend: My previous posting was in North Iraq and I had WiMAX connection there, which was beautiful. The speed was excellent, most of the time close to 100MBPS.

snambiar wrote:

@ legend: My previous posting was in North Iraq and I had WiMAX connection there, which was beautiful. The speed was excellent, most of the time close to 100MBPS.

Probably the number of success stories were much less. I believe there are strong reasons they decided to wipe this technology our from this world. Btw, WiMax was technically a kind of 4G. :)

I'm using the mobily 4G router and it works normally in my laptop but however, it doesnt work on my phone.It always says " Authenticating with connected 4G Router and suddenly disabled.I'd like to know whats the problem why my phone cannot connect to 4G router.

Guys,I Live In Dammam And i am planning to get a mobily broadband service for 2 mbps (since i am alone i don't want to waste more on 6mbps or 4mbps) But If possible can any1 tell me how much download speed can i expect in 2mbps subscription and also wat is better to purchas 4g or 3.5g router?? Plz Help :(

As salam alaikum
i bought 4g mobily router with 2 mbps speed and i am not getting a exact speed and not getting good network the network bar are some times showing blue or some times green with 2 1 bars can any one help me please how to get good speed and good network for this

Dears, I am one of a victim of Mobily having 6Mbps but getting only 512Kbps, I make lot off research on Mobily LTE4G broadband at home and I reached a conclusion that, it's not useful for those who are gamer, HD video downloader, or watching HD videos, because Mobily saying that it is UL (unlimited) but they are liar they have FUP (fair uses policy) you can get 1Mbps to 6Mbps but there is no difference except of fast browsing….I think it's a backlog of Mobily because we are living in cloud computing, online file sharing and 3D etc. it's a period of TB/GB not KB or MB.
1. If you are having frequently disconnection problem then update the firmware with latest one, you can find it in mobily website, click on view the details in connect 4G you will find firmware update on the right corner below menu bar (Please read manual before updating the firmware for your safety)
2. If you are having problem with blue or green signal then login to your router by typing 192.168.2.1 in explorer address bar click the submit button (no password is by default) then click on LTE/UMTS in the bottom you can find Band and four radio button select on 4G only then apply changes.
3. If you are having problem with signal then try to keep router near the window.

I think it's better to stay on the  3G system even if this one has some connexion problems sometimes.. It's frequent  that when some concept is new, it contains bugs etc.

edwinp wrote:

Dears, I am one of a victim of Mobily having 6Mbps but getting only 512Kbps, I make lot off research on Mobily LTE4G broadband at home and I reached a conclusion that, it's not useful for those who are gamer, HD video downloader, or watching HD videos, because Mobily saying that it is UL (unlimited) but they are liar they have FUP (fair uses policy) you can get 1Mbps to 6Mbps but there is no difference except of fast browsing….I think it's a backlog of Mobily because we are living in cloud computing, online file sharing and 3D etc. it's a period of TB/GB not KB or MB.
1. If you are having frequently disconnection problem then update the firmware with latest one, you can find it in mobily website, click on view the details in connect 4G you will find firmware update on the right corner below menu bar (Please read manual before updating the firmware for your safety)
2. If you are having problem with blue or green signal then login to your router by typing 192.168.2.1 in explorer address bar click the submit button (no password is by default) then click on LTE/UMTS in the bottom you can find Band and four radio button select on 4G only then apply changes.
3. If you are having problem with signal then try to keep router near the window.

Hi  edwimp,I totally agree with you. We should be talking more in gb and tb rather than anything else.A friend of I who I met last week is using Mobily fiber optics. Its called E-life. It is just fantasticIt costs 299 sar per month but it is really worth it.On Speedtest.net, it was showing 38 mbps in download and 5.5 in upload.I tried to download a demo of PES 2013 from a direct link on a website (not torrent etc..) and this 1go file download was going to be downloaded in 13 mins!!The download's window showed 1.2 Mo per second.I didn't let the download finish but Im pretty sure that it could get on the time displayed.Maybe you should think about it. Normally, this is made for companies but he took for his own usage.I currently have STC DSL that is 4mbps and me 3.5 on speedtest. I can often watch Youtube in HD but I prefer to download them to avoid any loss of data in the buffering that makes it redownloading from you're your current visualization point. I may soon get the STC 20 Mbps plan. My ping is 75 wich is average in Saudi Arabia. My friend with his E-Life has 45. The good thing with a wired connection is that your ping remains stable whereas with 3g, 4g etc its just a mess.I also watch and download HD Videos for DVDs and youtube.360p on Youtube was OK 5 years ago but now I just cant bear it specially when I watch gameplays from well-known youtube etc…Im looking for a the best ping possible as I often play on the Xbox Live. In the Fps like BO2, you miss one frame, you then miss one shot on this same time…Well I guess this is becoming too complicated for many people lol. I know that for many a 3g connection is fine. My father, for ex, just use internet to read newspapers and read emails. But yeah.. this kind of usage has nothing to do with mine.We should definitely avoid those wireless connections whatever their providers are…

السلام عليكم

hi,
i m from riyadh, and i used mobily connect 4g 2mbps 6, months unlimited. there is some problem when i using on 4g like green signal i never get speed unfortunately youtube also not working good. so after then type 192.168.2.1 in explorer address bar click the submit button (no password is by default) then click on LTE/UMTS in the bottom i can found 2g,3g & 4g when i apply 3g its better for using 4g i get high speed & everything. so let me ask u 3g better for 4g?:)

Hi Hasankamal,
I ended up using Stc current offer: 3 months of unlimited 3g for 300 sr in total. I get a speed between 2 and 3.3 mbps which means when downloading 300 kbps in average.

Its quite good for my tablet usage and it comes only as a data sim.
I think for a whole family usage the Stc 20 or 40 Mo will be a a waaaay better than all these crappy 3g connections.
I already have Stc Adsl 4 Mega at home so I will just upgrade it ;)

Btw in Saudi Arabia, it is still not the real 4g. It is a kind of 3.9g that combines 3g and wifi connections. Real 4g must be up to 100 mega!!!

to help you on your puzzle here's whats going on...

Mobily 4G will give you true speed of whatever you want from 2 up to 6 mb
but they are using fair uses policy as edwinp stated, and what it does is, they give you 5GB bandwidth per-day so if you consume your 5GB the speed will fall to 512kbps untill next day it will be renewd for another 5GB and life will go on.
mobily uses this kind of thing and it not explained on the contract you sign once you buy the subscription, thats another reason why they tell you "once you buy it you can NOT refund it".

so basically if you buy a 1 year 4G unlimited you only get 1825 GB of bandwidth which is consumed 5GB per-day for 365 days.

as for who is having some problems with the 4G disconnecting, go into your internet browser and type "192.168.2.1" and press Enter

it will take you to Mobily 4G router and will ask for a password, keep it blank and press enter.

on the left menu you will see a list of options and such click on "LTE/UMTS" then down below you will see that you can choose which type of connection you want 2G 3G 4G and Auto.

i believe its set on "Auto" and thats what causes the disconnecting problem, because Auto will switch the connection based on the signal strength if 3G is stronger it will disconnect and switch to 3G and once 4G is stronger it will do that again and switch to 4G so its advised to choose whichever is working best for you 3G or 4G and remove it from "Auto"

at least thats what was causing the disconnecting with alot of people.

and for people who want new connections stick with 3G internet better for the time being, all of the 3G have true unlimited bandwidth there is the normal 7.2 MB speed and the 21 MB both work well.

one final note, make sure which provider tower is closer to you based on that choose if you want Mobily, STC or Zain...

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Good summary for all this mess!

However, I tried Mobily 3g a month ago on my Samsung Note 10.1 and the speed was just about 2.2 mo..
Animex, do you know if buying usb modems will allow having speeds like 7.2 and 21 mo??

I feel this is almost impossible. I made many speed tests from my tablet and in different parta of the city with no success in getting these speeds.

Fahad23 wrote:

Good summary for all this mess!

However, I tried Mobily 3g a month ago on my Samsung Note 10.1 and the speed was just about 2.2 mo..
Animex, do you know if buying usb modems will allow having speeds like 7.2 and 21 mo??

I feel this is almost impossible. I made many speed tests from my tablet and in different parta of the city with no success in getting these speeds.

it depends on 3 things,

1- your distance from mobily tower.
2- your device (the thingy to connect to internet)
3- objects around you e.a buildings towers etc...

all of the above affect your connection not to mention there are some towers which are heavily crowded with users which will affect the speed.

overall go closer to the Mobily tower and try to connect and see your speed, thats all i can tell.

and if you plan to buy a USB modem or any router it should be one of the best quality ones which is expensive abit and should support our bandwidth etc

Iam using mobily 4g modem.In my laptop the internet is coming through ethernet card but not coming through the wifi. The wifi is showing the unplugged. so, what is the solution.

Iam using mobily 4g modem.In my laptop the internet is coming through ethernet card but not coming through the wifi. The wifi is showing the unplugged. so, what is the solution.

Hi can anyone help me.
I would like to take out the STC JOOD Internet package.

Is it worthwhile?
I am especially interested in getting it for all the sports on Abu Dhabi and Al Jazeera. I already have OSN, but I dont get the Asian cricket and English soccer.
I would appreciate it if I could get some feedback from existing users.

I hope someone can help me figure out this one.

I'm a newcomer to KSA and I just recently bought a MOBILY 4G Router that has "unlimited" internet for 9 months. That is according to the guy who sold me this in his store. Anyway, since I don't know much about the internet services here, I just assumed that this would provide me FAST internet. Unfortunately, I cannot even watch short youtube videos without waiting for several minutes for it to load. In other words, it is really, really slow for me. I tested it's speed both on SPEED TEST and FROGTEST and as expected it is even way below 512kbps. I can check my email and other basic stuff but it's really frustrating not being able to surf fast and use apps like skype fluidly.

I decided to remove the simcard from the router and checked the balance using my phone. The 9 months validity is true since it will expire on March 2014. However, the balance is 0 SAR. What does it mean? Is that the reason why it's slow? But how come I can still use it? Can I still go to an authorized MOBILY store and have my simcard and router changed? Or is this really the usual speed of mobily? I don't even know if the "package" I have is 2,4 or 6MBPS.

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Ronafeli wrote:

I hope someone can help me figure out this one.

I'm a newcomer to KSA and I just recently bought a MOBILY 4G Router that has "unlimited" internet for 9 months. That is according to the guy who sold me this in his store. Anyway, since I don't know much about the internet services here, I just assumed that this would provide me FAST internet. Unfortunately, I cannot even watch short youtube videos without waiting for several minutes for it to load. In other words, it is really, really slow for me. I tested it's speed both on SPEED TEST and FROGTEST and as expected it is even way below 512kbps. I can check my email and other basic stuff but it's really frustrating not being able to surf fast and use apps like skype fluidly.

I decided to remove the simcard from the router and checked the balance using my phone. The 9 months validity is true since it will expire on March 2014. However, the balance is 0 SAR. What does it mean? Is that the reason why it's slow? But how come I can still use it? Can I still go to an authorized MOBILY store and have my simcard and router changed? Or is this really the usual speed of mobily? I don't even know if the "package" I have is 2,4 or 6MBPS.

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

The zero balance doesn't mean anything. They are like that for all data SIMs. The fact that you bought it from someone's store is what worries me. You should still be able to get full customer service from Mobily. Did you register with your iqama, when you bought the service? Do you know the account number?

I use Mobily too, the speed has gone down over the last few days, but switching it to 3G instead of 4G, sometimes does the trick. Definitely not the ideal speed, but hoping it will back to normal in a few days.

btw, I use a 4G USB Modem, and there are times when I normally get upto 12Mbps, according to speedtest.net

The zero balance doesn't mean anything. They are like that for all data SIMs. The fact that you bought it from someone's store is what worries me. You should still be able to get full customer service from Mobily. Did you register with your iqama, when you bought the service? Do you know the account number?

I use Mobily too, the speed has gone down over the last few days, but switching it to 3G instead of 4G, sometimes does the trick. Definitely not the ideal speed, but hoping it will back to normal in a few days.

btw, I use a 4G USB Modem, and there are times when I normally get upto 12Mbps, according to speedtest.net

I switched it to 3G and the speed went from 0.5MB to 3MB! HOWEVER, it became more prone to disconnection and the speed only lasts for like 20 mins or so. It seems like this is a no win situation. I am hoping I can still return this router and simcard to the store or to MOBILY itself. I was not given an account name/number and this was not also registered to my IQAMA since it won't be given to us until the end of August. We only have a temporary iqama.

What alternative ISP can you guys recommend? I'm staying in AL Ahsa. This has really become a source of frustration on my part:((

Hi everyone - I just bought a Mobily Connect 4G internet package; they had a half-price deal during Ramadan (1099SR for a year) and while my compound internet was great, it was a ripoff (350SR a month).

So, I got the Mobily modem set up, and rather worryingly, it flits between 1 and 2 bars (out of five) on the signal strength. Apparently, according to the literature in the box, there is an "optional" antenna which can be fitted to the modem. Does anyone have one of these, and does it increase the incoming signal strength, or is it only to boost outgoing signal? Can you get it from Mobily shops?

As for the modem itself, the connection is there, but very slow. I download lots of files via utorrent, and watch live TV from the UK via VPN. Utorrent doesn't work at all (no loading) and the VPN is very spotty, logging on and off. Problem.

What is weird is that, on the first day, the mode indicator changed from blinking blue (which the manual tells me is LTE) to blinking green (UMTS). I don't know what the difference is between LTE and UMTS, but for the several hours that t was blinking green (UMTS) it was fantastic: super fast utorrent downloads, perfect live streaming of TV on the VPN.

Then, when I woke up the next day, it was gone: the modem was back to blinking blue, and the connection was slow and bad, as it has been in the two days since.

Does anyone know how to get the blinking green (UMTS) back? That was much better. What is the difference between the blinking green (UMTS) and blinking blue (LTE)?

Thanks for any help from people more knowledgeable than me.