New expat

Hi all. Just joined up here today, after moving out to Chennai in India for a couple of years on Thursday

Welcome to Expat.com ChennaiExpat !

welcome to chennai n in this blog...have a nice n safe life in chennai...!! Hope to see you people soon...be aware of this hot...!! lol...it is really sunny weather in chenai...tc

Hi ChennaiExpat, Welcome to the expat-blog

welcome to Chennai.
If you need any info or like to meet me.. then don't hesitate to message me.

Hi! I just joined the expat-blog, I will be traveling to Chennai in late August in hopes to get a feel of the city (and India in general) as I am concidering a long term move to Chennai.  I would love to be able to talk to other exapts and get your perceptions and feedback of what it is like in Chennai and what to expect.
Thanks!

Hi. How r u?

sp2233 wrote:

Hi! I just joined the expat-blog, I will be traveling to Chennai in late August in hopes to get a feel of the city (and India in general) as I am concidering a long term move to Chennai.  I would love to be able to talk to other exapts and get your perceptions and feedback of what it is like in Chennai and what to expect.
Thanks!

Hi,

Good to see your post and your likely travel to Chennai.
It's a wonderful, peaceful place to stay. The city has a rich cultural heritage and the people are very warm, friendly and helpful. Auto Rickshaws ( Motorized 3 wheeler small cabs available for commuting for a charge ) may be an exception though. :)

The city is a blend of both Traditional and modern aspects of life and is one of the major cities in IT education and has presence of almost all major IT companies of the world. It is also known as Detroit of India with many Automobile companies having their plants here.
You will find stores where you can get things that an American/ European would use in their kitchen.

The city may not boast of very good Night life , but there are places you could visit for a warm coffee, A good meal ( suiting your taste buds ) and drinks.

Please feel free to send us a message when we are in town.

welcome to chennai :)