Travel to Jakarta

Hello there,

Am Zakir an expat from Vietnam. End of this month (june,2012) I'll be visited JK and Bali.

It would be wonderful if someone helps me to provide information related to Hotel in JK and Bali. Specifically Cheap and safe Hotels in Center or around Center JK & Bali.

Thank you in advanced for your time and help with this matter.

Cheers,

Zakir

Jakarta is a big place.
You'd be better to say where you want to visit so someone could suggest a hotel in the right area.

Thank you;;;

well, near Istiqlal mosque (National Mosque of Ind.)might be better for me.

How cheap is cheap? What's your budget so we can recommend well?

hummmm.. how about around 15-20us!!

I suggest going to the guesthouses around jalan jaksa with that budget, as it's near the mosque and cbd. You don't have to book, just drop by and make your way around.

thank you very much for your information and time with this matter.

is that guesthouse/s safe enough to stay with. we are a group of people including men/women. so do you think its okay for women either/

cheers,

Yes, absolutely. Having said that, it's always good to be careful when you're out and about. If there's more of you, go to the main road, Jl. KH Wahid Hasyim and there are hotels a bit higher than your budget but are perhaps a better choice. If you want to google a few options, just copy paste that road name, for instance Ibis hotel and Fave Hotel are also within this stretch.

got it .. you are so informative..thanks

No probs, glad to help!

I know a very safe hotel. Where you can get your own room for 180,000 a night. Air Conditioning and a short walk from transportation to Lebak Bulus which can get you into the city. The name is 'Syahida Inn' and it's on the UIN campus. Has a nice gym as well which is free for guests to use. Probably a bit far out for you though.

Best of luck!

Thank you Guru...