Is it possible to become an expat in Bali, if I'm from Croatia?

Dear all,

I have a great wish to live and work in Bali. Also I currently live in Croatia, where is my hometown as well. Since I've just gratuated for a Kindergarten Teacher, I was wondering if it's possible to get a job there? Or for an English Teacher too...

Since my English is not a native language (even thoue I use it very good :-P ), is there any chance that they would consider me for a job application, or in Bali or Jakarta?

I'm looking forward for your answers/comments/advices ;-)

Regards,

Leana

Hi Leana,,

I just signed up to this thing recently. I am moving to Bali soon to actually teach English. It wasn't easy to get a job though, took ages! I will ask around when I get there and see if they are looking for more people to teach English there. Your English seems fine to me. Maybe I can put in a word for you if they are looking for more ppl. I signed up here to get more info about Bali. I've been quite a few times and It's really nice there.

Hope you're having a good day.

brian

:)

Hi Brian,

Thanks for you reply :-)

How long have you been searching for a job and how did you succeded to find it finnaly? :-D Do you already know some people in Bali, so they can help you out with work and everything?

yw for the reply..

to be honest i don't know many ppl there at all...lol
but i did meet a couple of ppl there on my last visit to Bali..I was looking for english teaching jobs abroad from all over really for months, maybe 6 months or so.. but one day i saw one for Bali come up and I applied for it they responded which was a surprise,, took a while though till i saw a job for bali come up.. not many english teaching jobs there are advetised.. mostly they are in places like china and so on. I had other responses and was going to consider other locations abroad too but too many dramas were going on in my life here in australia so i wasn't able to leave at the time,,long story  :/

I have no idea where I would live in bali, or what will happen at this stage,, all pretty much alone in it,,lol but i'll just go with the flow and see what happens.

How long have you been teaching kindagarten for? Do you know anyone in Bali? What prompted your interest to go and teach in Bali just outa curiosity? :)

chat soon.

Well, lucky you, since you've already visited Bali. Till now, I didn't have a chance to go there. :-)

Hmm...I'm somehow very attracted by this place for some time...after I saw some pictures on the internet and read about that place too, I decided that I want to spend at least 1 year there.. Maybe it sounds crazy, but I just have this feeling that I must visit this place, and stay for some time, of course. This is why I need a job :-D

May I ask you from which "job page" did they reply to you? :-D
I also understood, that there isn't many job posts for Bali (at least for teaching), since I think that almost all of them are for Jakarta.

I already send some applications online, but didn't get any reply yet. This is why I found this page, hoping that maybe I will connected with people who either go there (as you), or domestic one, to give me some suggestions or recommedations for finding a job there.

Acually Jakarta is my second option..too big city for me :-D

Well, I just graduated last month, so I haven't much of a experience in kindergarten, but I'm also interested in teaching English only :D I'm learning this language my whole life, and even thoue I'm not an expert, I consider myself able to teach this language :-)

Ps. Are you an English teacher, or you're just going to teach there, since English is your native language? :-D

Don't worry, if I succeed to relocate there, I'll also go by myself, so I understand that is not easy for you ;-)

Ah yeh cool, well your English is certainly proficient enough to teach it for sure. If I didn't know any better I would assume it's your first language just from chatting with you on this thing ;)

I will have to go through my bookmarks on my other computer to remember exactly where I did apply for the job itself, I can get back to you on that once I know more.

In answer to your question about if I'm an English teacher or just going there to teach,, well I've never taught English before and I'm not an English teacher previous to this no,,,,LOL I'm just trying something different in life kinda thing. I can tell you more in detail about what I had to do but this email might be dragging on a bit too long and don't wanna bore you too much this soon. ;)

It sure sounds like you have an adventurous streak to wanna go and do that by yourself, if you do go there, chances are I will be there hardly knowing anyone either so you're welcome to say hi to me there on the off chance we are there at the same time..

So have you posted many forums on this thing since you started using it? Today is my first day and you're the first person I've actually interacted with on here :)

Thanks for the compliment ;-)

No problem, when you find time, you can send me some details about websites and stuff, and send me to inbox here (I hope it's working, since I haven't tried it yet).

I'm new on the forum too, actually, we have a same date membership, hahahah It means I posted only this issue, hoping to get some results of it :-P

oh yeh we do too, i didn't notice the date membership..lol.
also didn't know there was an inbox in here..
if you want you can email or msn me... [email protected]
might be easier than this thing.

I'm hoping to get some results out of it too, actually i was kinda just browsing around for info, also checking about potential rentals, roomates or places to stay or whatever kinda thing... It would be cool if u come to Bali, then i will know someone :)