Musicians in Bali

Hi Bali Forum!

My name is Emily and I am in bali for 8 weeks June onwards (2012). 

I am mainly heading over for the surf and a nice little career break. 

I am, however, a mad keen muso so I have a couple of questions. 

1.  I am not willing to take any of my personal guitars over to Bali from Aus in case I cannot get them back through Customs as they are all great treasures to me.  Where can I get myself a temporary guitar in Bali?  This would be a guitar I would probably hand to an orphanage or to someone who needs it before I head back home. 

2.  Are there any other musos in Bali on the forum? 

Kind regards,

Emily

Hey Emily,

There are plenty of music shops around Bali where you can buy a very simple acoustic guitar.  Where are you staying while in Bali?

Suzanne

Hi Emily,

Welcome to Expat.com, what type of Guitar do you need?
I am a volunteer at an orphanage in Jimbaran we have several different types of guitar. Our kids are really into music and dance. It could be mutually beneficial? Interested.

Hi Emily,

I'm also a muso recently signed up to this thing. I'm looking at going to Bali again soon, maybe even to work for a while. I too wonder about taking my guitar cuz it's very expensive but i think I would be lost without it. If you're looking to have a jam with someone over there, msg me anytime, :)

brian

[Moderated: No free ad please]

:)

Mall Galeria has a good guitar shop, go to the main book and stationary shop on level 2 next to telecomsel

Hi Andy - please note that you posted on a thread dated 2012 :)

Yes, I did see it as old news, but people still read old stuff as the site displays old news. Could be good for others who may want to know the answer and not just the original person.