Expat blog Gathering In Jakarta- July, 6

Hey everyone!

First, I knew that I'm new to this forum. But allow me to organize a gathering. Not a great one, just few posters who are serious about this.
So yeah, let me know if you would be able to join... Thank you.

Updated.
Date : July 6, 2012
Time : started @7.30pm
Place: Cork & Screw (Wisma Kodel)

Participants:

cjuliana & friend
bungakomalasari
Gondrong
Kamal Joshi & friend
baris
misskhouw & friend
martha687
vinsensia julia
almapal
febby
D. Utari
Lady Poo
joliefemme
burns
agnes ide
banibubun
devi_jeanny
blossomcherrys
laserfone
mmcewen & wifey
restyyy
susianni & 2 friends
JakartApartment
Dince Maniez
luxy & friend
etienne
rsunny2010
mtandio
sasanti
Bagengoy Manuel
Iceman60 & friend

Cheers
cjuliana

im in

sounds interesting, im in :)

Im in

Thank you for the responds. Ok, you have any idea about time and place. So, I cud try to decide.. Waht about June 30? You guys okay with that?

Sure
kemang area would be nice.. Or somewhere center..

agree!
so, give me your number by private message and I will arrange for that one. Ok :)
Cheers..

wow. great someone is already organizing this. :) let's try this.

my suggestions:
- Friday night would be great. Saturdays are usually family day, unless your own your own here in Id.
- maybe coffee shop with internet connection so we can post and show ourselves in the forum.
- maybe a bar to party? (although it will be hard to get to know each other and some people may not enjoy if they don't do alcoholic beverages.
- is it possible that we post our phone numbers here so we can send sms? or maybe just the organizer? or maybe BBM would be a lot easier?

hope to see you guys. :)

please repost if you are coming.

when: est June 30
where: TBA

who:
1. CJuliana
2. Banibubun
3. blossomcherrys
4. PhilCouson

Friday nite! Coffee sounds good.. Or grab some food. Then if we wanna go somewhere else afterwards we will see :)
invite some more!!

@PhilCoulson, it is better if you give it your no privately to me, not post your number in the thread.. and about the time, ok..so it'll be June 29. Ok?

@banibubun, sure invite some more but how? This forum seems quiet. But I will try to invite my friends in real life. Maybe you have any other idea to invite some more?

Limited, just 5 persons will be goin to attend.

I just wanna update...

when: June 29

who:
1. CJuliana
2. Banibubun
3. blossomcherrys
4. PhilCouson
5. faizee5252

And I don't know if we should limit the members who wanna join or not. What do y'all think? Thanks!

maybe it's fine to be unlimited. if they want to come, let's welcome them. right? :)

Update...
when: June 29

who:
1. CJuliana
2. Banibubun [?]
3. blossomcherrys [?]
4. PhilCouson
5. faizee5252
6. Raj

If I type this [?] means no contact me yet...

Discussion sticked! ;)

^
thank you for making this as a sticked one, Christine :)

So, I need to know your opinion...is it okay if we hold it in setiabudi building? I'm thinking of Anomali Coffee.
Thank you.

Yah I'm good with it :) And what time we gonna meet up

at 6pm. Too early?

do you have a google map of that place? :)

I think Anomali is too small for the place to hangout with a big group.
Maybe I can suggest you with these places:
Amadeus in Setiabudi One - The location is easy to find and spacious
Coffee:
Bakoel Koffie in Senopati - Spacious
Coffee Club in Pacific Place
Monolog Coffee in Plaza Senayan
Coffee Club in Plaza Senayan

Else, if you are interested
Murphy's in Kemang
Eastern Promise in Kemang
Aphrodite in Kuningan
Liquid Exchange in Epicentrum
Cork & Screw in Wisma Kodel and Plaza Indonesia
Skye Restaurant & Lounge in Wisma BCA Sudirman
Hacienda in Arcadia Senayan
Vin+ in Arcadia Senayan and Kemang
Chillis in Sarinah Building Thamrin
365 Eco Bar in Kemang
Pepenero In Wisma Karya Kuningan and Plaza Pondok Indah 2
De Hooi in Plaza Pondok Indah 2
Lucy In The Sky in Sudirman
Bluegrass in Epicentrum Kuningan
Amigos in Kemang and Kuningan

Hopefully my information will help you to find the place, or maybe other members have some ideas to share

At 6pm in the weekday is really difficult, especially Friday nite
Make it like 730pm maybe

I wish I can join with you guys
Have an event in Sultan Hotel, probably join after my event done

@someoneilike, I don't think this will be a big group. But well, I'll pick one of the venue.

Any other idea?

Ya I know, not that big
But just make sure the place like Anomali Senopati is too small even for small group, just my 9 cents

Try Anomali Kemang maybe

But Kemang, friday nite, hmm hmm mmm

aphrodite or bluegrass, or otel lobby, or liquid exchange would be great... i will be there for you girls.... these are all in epicentrum area, kuningan  sounds very very good

banyak banget komen jelek tentang Lucy in the sky... semuanya bilang pelayanan buruk dengan rasa makanan yang gak sepadan.... jadi gak minat banget buat nyoba tempat yang satu ini....

Otel Lobby sounds good to me. But I need to do reservation for that. Could you confirm if you seriously join or not? Thanks!

@catur - Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everyone may understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

ok, aurelie ;)

have you guys picked the fixed date for this gathering? so I can invite more expat friends to join....

Hey, I decided to fix the date into July 6 @630pm in Otel Lobby. How is it? I need your comments. Thanks!

July 6 sounds good for me.  May want to join.

hi ppl! sounds good to have this gathering.. I need networks n making new friends as I dont really have many friends here...

well, kuningan area,pacific place,plaza indo,grand indo, senayan city.. sounds good place to chill...

keep me in the loop!

Cheers!

Nissa

I move to Jakarta in the first week of July, never been before so if i make it before the 6th id love to join in

Arriving in Jakarta that week, I should be able to make it on the 6th. Hope I 'll find my way around...:)

Ok then. So, here is the detail.

Date: July 6, 2012
Time: start 7.30 pm
Venue: Amadeus Cafe Setiabudi One

Ok, Julie (team of Expat-Blog) will inform you later on. Thank you!

Try Trattoria in The East Building around Mega Kuningan
The food, price and ambiance are nice ;)

Happy lunchie you guys, out now

I already called Amadeus in Setiabudi One. But no reply yet. So, TBA..

hey!!! i am moving only next month( July 10th).
if the gathering is after that i can join!!!!!

Wow, sounds great... but planning a dinner for 2-3 weeks time is difficult... :-)... let's just do it this week or next week.

Count me in for two.....

hello just got your message, count me in. kemang and kuningan sounds good but i'm suggesting Beergarden SCBD :)
ps: please pick a venue that allows people to smoke :):P

@someneilike : hope u could join..if u join then maybe I'll try lol!
@cjuliana : wish I can join but so pity...I still have to working at saturday :( but if u have a compensation for another day maybe on saturday night then count me in haha wish to see u guys :)