Banks in Kenya

Hello People, am thinking of getting the mortgage Loan, me myself am in Cooperative Bank. which Bank in Nairobi is the best for Mortgage Loans, ill be glad to get your ideas before i land a place of regret.
Thanks.

Hi Tschaubella!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi,  You really have to shop around for the best rates, as with anywhere else.  International banks such as Barclays and Standard Chartered are worth a look, as is Equity Bank.

Please bear in mind that interest rates for mortgages are quite high, I think in the region of 15% and an 80% mortgage is the maximum that you can get.  I believe mortages are repayable in something like 15 years, but you would have to check as it is some time since I enquired about a mortgage.

It is difficult to get a mortgage from a bank unless you are already a customer, but electronic credit checks are just being introduced, so this might be easier too.

Also, consider that some property developers allow you to spread payments over a period of 6 months to a year.

Good luck.

Try savings and Loan and HFCK, they have good rates. u will need legal help at some point i.e on isssues such as drafting the reply to the offer, valuation and the like. feel free to get in touch i would love to help u. regards