Employment Pass Rejection

I have been in SG for 6 years in a row now (healthcare and an Sg licensed professional) and has been on employment pass ever since and as of the moment, my salary complies with the Q1 category which is above 3,000sgd.

Never changed companies at all but recently when my company applied for another 2 years of employment (for an ep pass), my application was rejected. I know MOM has been very stringent recently and has been reducing the foreigners lately but I don't know what went wrong this time and that is after 6 years of employment in a reputable healthcare institute and considering, there's has been lesser eligible candidates for the position for the past years.

On the other hand, for me to be able to stay in Sg, my company applied an s pass and will be expecting for a result after 1 week. I don't know what went wrong with the EP application really and I am left confused and saddened by it but anyhow, the company has been so supportive of me and is backing me up 100% on this and are also having other options if worse comes to worse since my profession and skills (honestly) are needed in the said company. They themselves were surprised about the rejection for EP. Just blessed that I have a very supportive company that could back me up to the best of their abilities.

Welcome to Expat.com louisa15!;)

Harmonie.

sorry to hear.

the rules have been tightened for Q1 passes. It's not just salary that is taken into account but age as well. $3,000 monthly just would do it for a fresh graduate, but for older employees, salary is expected to be higher, almost at the threshold of P2 passes.

I have been in SG for 6 years in a row now (healthcare and an Sg licensed professional) and has been on employment pass ever since and as of the moment, my salary complies with the Q1 category which is above 3,000sgd.

Hello there, I am working here in Singapore, just got my work permit approved a few days ago. The company that wants to employ me had the application rejected at first, ep/Q1 pass. The appealed the ruling.

MOM is requiring a pay over 4.5k with a MS/MA, kinda that seems to be the unspoken rule now days based on twhat the officer told my now boss; I got a BA +Postgrad/ 14 yr experience. For the appeal the company resubmitted my translated docs plus a few awards certs I had, so I translated those, a copy of my BScholarship and 6 extra recommendation letters from previous employers in EU, a know agency here and some of people I worked in CA.

On the other hand, for me to be able to stay in Sg, my company applied an s pass and will be expecting for a result after 1 we...  blessed that I have a very supportive company that could back me up to the best of their abilities

I guess if the company decided to appeal most probably will pass since the company is interested to keep you around, maybe if they write a why you are needed plus a few letters of referral from people/known institutions might work.

Good luck.

Mr K.

i had two friends had the same issue too last week. MOM says:

From 1 January 2012, the qualifying salary for the Q1 Pass will be increased from $2,800 to at least $3,000 for young graduates, while older applicants would have to command a higher salary to qualify, commensurate with the work experience and quality they are expected to bring. The qualifying salary for the P2 Pass will be raised from $4,000 to $4,500. There will be no change in the qualifying salary for P1 Pass which remains at $8,000. Concurrently, educational qualifications requirements will be tightened. For more information, please refer to our press release.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ … fault.aspx

and since you have 6 years experience you are not fresh graduate and cant apply under Q1 must me P1 or P2 chk the salary and requirement if not mostly will get your S pass don't worry.

Thanks for the messages dear friends. I just never realized (and has been complacent) that the new regulations would affect my EP status. I am getting close to 4,500 every month including some monthly allowances. 

You guys have a point, srkiasu and hassak. The past years my company has been applying for an EP 'as per normal' since MOM was not that stringent yet back then and we haven't been submitting any extra certificates in the past years (and even some clinical studies I am involved in). I should've thought of that.

Just an update. The S pass application was approved by the MOM eventually. We didn't have enough time to appeal since my MOM expiry will already be in July. I am still grateful in a way that I am staying in Singapore.

My company will be re-applying for an EP next year (I recently got married and changing names and will be renewing my passport soon). And by then, I have gathered all the necessary certificates to prove that I have been proactive in upgrading my profession during the course of my employment with the company. Thank you guys for your posts! God bless everyone! :)