Anything interesting to do this summer?

Hello everyone!,

I am new here, and i study at Amman al ahliya univeristy,
This year i have planned  not to register for the summer semester.

So i will be free all the time ,
Anyone is filling his/her time with a new interesting activity?
Could you please suggest me anything to do?

I am bored beyond what words can explain  + i am living alone.

Thank you :)

So you are new here and also have a 3 bedroom apartment to rent?

I meant that i am new in this blog, not in Jordan, ive been living in Jordan for 8 years ..lol

well, there's alot of activity going on in Jordan this summer... here u can check all sort of activities over this webpage:

facebook.com/ammannightlife

Thank you veryyy much Daniya, this is helpful :)
Will check them

If you like getting out of the city check out the weekly (weekend) RSCN trips.  They can be great.

Hi Hypertyper
One thing that can get you having fun is working for places that give fun services like hiking, rock climbing traveling...etc if you are in to that.
Try applying to ClimbAt or Travel agencies that need people if you are into that

Climbing dosent really interest me :(
Am sad to say that AMMAN is one of the most boring places i've ever lived in.

Swimming.- you can't swim, becasue there are no lakes, no rivers, dead sea isint really a nice place to swim in, also aqaba is kinda unclean (unless you want to pay 200 dinars for a decent shore for 2-3 nights).

Running, there are bearly places you can run in, it's all streets, unlike Europe where you can run everywhere you want!
also it's all mountains here . no straight fields.

Jobs are not available in AMMAN, unless you want to work 10 hours a day, and gain 250 jd a monh.

simply i found nothing to do, so i guess i'ma keep on my same boring life style ....staying on laptop for 10 hours a day, hanging out with friends for 7 hours, and then sleep for 7 hours.-.- this is my daily life style.

Oh nevermind my last post , today i found something interesting, I am going to register for some ground Tennis program :D

hello hypertyper
My god, you are so pessimistic, i live in US and Jordan and i love Jordan more than US for many reasons...and that goes for Europe too.
In Jordan people are very friendly, Europe very rude, no social life, people are always up to something, Hippocrates and unhappy...unlike Jordanian people who are very simple friendly outgoing no strings attached and always happy and willing to help and stick to one another.
Ok it's expensive but Europe is even more expensive with no comparison.
Did you try working out in fitness clubs, going hiking to Ajloon, Jerash, Dana, Wadi alMujeb, Wadi Hamdan, Eshtafeanah, going biking with Bike rush, camping in Rum, Disi, going quadriving Bikes in Rum and Disi, gocarting in Sweafiyeh avenue or on airport road near AlJawad horse club, horse back riding in Bsharat stables, rock climbing in ClimbAt or excavating desert castles in the middle of deserts like Kharraneh castle, Karak castle, Alrabad Castle, Um AlRasas castle, Amra castle....all are amazing and mild with history and culture unlike Europe that are shallow of History and go back to just wors full of blood and violence that is all what Europe has to offer i guess...which makes me puke not just get bored.
I hope i was helpful in giving you an idea about Jordan and what you can do for fun, there are endless places and awesome culture.

and as for Working in Jordan you are right but working in Europe is even more hectic and no stability, you could be fired any time and it will always be either based on color race or religion unfortunately but in Jordan you work less hectic but get paid bad but you as a foreigner can get a job much easier than i could in my own country...you will get paid even better than i could make too.
don't lock yourself in the house all the time, get going and go out, get to know people and make friends and you will see how great and fun Jordan is, there are tons of things you can do that don't even cost anything and you will come back relieved and happy...you need to try to mingle with Jordanians to discover how human and peaceful they are, you will never get a true idea about Jordan and Jordanians from the net or from Home !
Hope you have a fabulous day!

Thank you Mismar :)
I will be moving to the USA in January for a short time.
I've been to Europe only for 3 weeks, and I enjoyed them soo much, in Spain.
I made nice friends and just activity couldnt stop.

The problem is, historical places like castles etc..Dosent interest me anymore, i've been going to them ever since i was a little kid.

I prefer green nature, lakes, animals! where you only can find them in Europe and America.

But i also love Jordan for sure, i wouldnt want to live in any other country than Jordan, I just think i need to live couple years outside for some change, and learning neew things.

And as you know, in Europe and USA you can build your life better than Jordan, here it is a graveyard for talents.

Jordan are friendly but distant. You will have a lot of friends just to take tea or coffee with them outside. But no one will invite you at home!!!!!

This is an artificial friendship, not a true one!

Jathy, i disagree with you. maybe you met rude people.
But Jordanians are very welcoming,
everyday i get invited by some friend to his home.

Also Jathy, my home is open for you, be my guest, you are welcome anytime you want.

You are lucky and thank you for your invitation.

I have some jordan friends but never never enter their house except those for expats married with jordans. They do not even want to come in mine also, but we meet outside for drink. Maybe if i stay more it will happen!!! Jordans are friendly but too closed, i am sorry to say this but it is my point of view for the moment!

hi Hypertyper, for talent you maybe half right in my point of view, look at Arabs got talent, a guy invented a flute out of a straw, what do you think of that, another guy, can count the number of letters you say, this is definitely talent but you have to have motivation also, Jordan doesn't have much financial capabilities to encourage talent but can help in developing it you.
As for Jathy, i think you need to learn more about Jordan and Jordanians and they way you describe Jordan and Jordanians is exactly the opposite, Jordanians are very close to people and love to help one another, very attached....by the way you are invited over Lunch to my place anytime you pick and i will be waiting for your reply...ok

Jathy, i am actually very shocked!
I am a palestinian , living in Jordan but i've never seen nicer and more welcoming people than Jordanians.

There btw, Me and Mismar has offered you to visit us for lunch or a movie or whatever you want. :)

Mismar i agree with you, you seem to be a nice person . people like you make me proud of being arab :)

Hey Hypertyper
That's because you are a great Jordanian and That's what Jordan is all about and that's what our culture, nature and religion tells us to do and we love to do it, it's in our blood
Ofcourse you will be my honored guest...OW YA HALA W SAHLA
Happy Army Day today.

Mismar

Hey Guys, thank you for your invitations.
But if you jordanians do not let us knowing your culture, it is difficult for foregner to really know it from the street and the malls!!! I ddidn't say that Jordanians are not friendly! There are and are also helpfully but they still closed to foreigners and this is my view. You have to show me that i am wrong ha ha ha!! Ahlan wasahlan must be true every where in jordan. Mismar and Hypertyper, you are also welcome at my house for sharing spaghetti or at tea time.

Hey Jathy
great to hear from you, i didn't quite understand what you mean by"There are and are also helpfully but they still closed to foreigners and this is my view. You have to show me that i am wrong ha ha ha!! Ahlan wasahlan must be true every where in jordan"
If you would like to get to know Jordanian culture and understand how Jordanians are true in their "Ahlan wa sahlan" set a date and come over then you will see that we are true or not...what do you think?