Life in NZ

Hi all, I'm an Asian, 24 this year and I'm planning to travel and work overseas. I don't mind working in a factory, farm or whatsoever just to experience what's life is all about thou my profession is an IT engineer. I would like to know what's the life there like? Are the people friendly? Is the standard of living there high?

Hi

I'm from New Zealand, currently living in Korea at the moment.

You will love New Zealand, its a great place to visit.  Heaps to do and see and you should be able to find migrant type jobs pretty easy (fruit picking is always a favourite amoung travellers).  New Zealanders are friendly and helpful, standard of living is just the same as in any other western country.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

thank you for the information. hmmm compared to australia which do you think is better?

They are very similar but the big difference is that Australia is much bigger so there are probably more opportunities (but they also have snakes and poisonous spiders which New Zealand does not have :).  I'm probably a bit biased but I think New Zealand is nicer :) I think that New Zealand people are friendlier as a whole but I'm sure Aussies would say the opposite. I would say if you are going to that part of the world plan to visit both - New Zealand is a beautiful country that is well worth your time. Even if you go to Aussie and work there for a bit you can always pop across to New Zealand and do a bit of sightseeing.

Hi there,

thank you for sharing the information. I am an Asian too. My husband and I are also planning to apply PR for New Zealand. I just wanna know if the IT industry is good there and provide opportunities. Please help us here also I've heard that the salaries/wages are comparatively low there to any other western country with long working hours. Is this all true?

I look forward to your reply.