American on a job hunt.

Hello all,
I am just finishing up my Masters degree here in Edinburgh and am hunting a job.  Unfortunately adding to the already rough job prospects in order to be a viable option it must be willing to sponsor me and have a specific salary requirement.  I took a few years off between my Bachelors degree and my Masters so I have a strong CV. I was wondering if there were any resources available that specifically deal with foreign nationals.  Places to post my CV or anything of the like would be great.  I have looked around Talent Scotland without much luck and was wondering what else was out there.  Thank you for any advice you can give.

Hello pubdragonmonkey.

Have you tried to post an advert in the jobs in Edinburgh section?
It can be useful.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

I am a member of another forum called Internations which is geared at being a working professionals network for expats. You must apply for admittance, but they don't appear to refute many. You may find some help there, but to be honest you're prospects aren't great in my opinion. A company who would sponsor you would also be required to pay all of the fees for the visa process and in some instances a flight home for you as well. Business' aren't keen on spending any money at all right now. If you don't know of it already, try linkedin (uk.linkedin.com/) as well. It's facebook for professional business networking. Good luck, Alex