Everyday Life

What is the everyday life for expat wives? Meaning the woman who are not working. Are their social clubs? :)

Hi LynO!

Maybe you could introduce yourself ? ;)

Armand

Well it all depends what you would like to know. Basically, my husband will be working in Zanzibar which means I will be joining him. I'm a lady of mature age so the kind of social clubs that I would be interested would be ladies get togethers and if any charity organizations that I could possible assist in. I don't drink alcohol nor play golf. The reason I mention this is because the other places I have been to - the woman play golf and party afterwards. I don't drink for health reasons only so I'm not against it. My interests are crafts, photography & people.

Hi LynO,

What type of work will your husband be doing? Hotel/tourist or business?
From what I have read, Zanzibar is 97-99.9% Muslim and I would guess that it effects the culture/social life there.

But from what I have learned from expat living is that there are usually ways for expats with similar interest to meet one another.:-)

Hi
My name is Rachael and not working at the moment let me know if you want to do something together in Dar at the moment.