Can't sleep at nite...

well.. i just want to find someone at nite.. i have a sleep problem i think.. always sleep late, and will be wake up early.. around 7 am... so, that's why, i try to find someone, or peoples who still wake up at nite. and maybe we can talk until we sleep.. hehehehe...

or maybe u can give me any suggestion to cure my sleep problem...

thank you :)

Hey,
I was also suffering from Insmonia like you but figured out way out..you can check this link http://www.well.com/~mick/insomnia/
See a Doctor

Insomnia can be a symptom of physical disorders, although for most of us it's the result of tension, stress and anxiety—and of course the more anxious we get about our insomnia, the worse it gets. If your doctor pronounces you a "healthy" insomniac, he might suggest some of the techniques provided here. Or she might prescribe drugs to help you get to sleep.

suggest you try all these methods first, and use drugs only as a last resort. The decision, of course, is yours.

Take a Warm Bath

It's a great way to relax your body. Don't overdo it, however. You merely want to relax your body, not exhaust it. Too long in hot water and your body is drained of vitality.

Use bath salts, or throw in Epsom salts and baking soda—one cup of each. These will relax you and also help remove toxins from your body.
Get a Massage

Have your spouse (or whoever) give you a massage just before going to sleep. If you can convince them to give you a full body massage, great. If not, even a short backrub and/or a face and scalp massage can be a big help. Have them make the massage strokes slow, gentle, yet firm, to work the tension out of your muscles and soothe you to sleep.
Listen to Music or Other Audio

Play some soft, soothing music that will lull you to sleep. There are many CDs designed for that very purpose. Some are specially composed music, others simply have sounds of waves rhythmically breaking, or the steady pattern of a heartbeat. Some will lead you to sleep with a combination of music, voice and other soothing sounds.

Drink Warm Milk

A glass of warm milk 15 minutes before going to bed will soothe your nervous system. Milk contains calcium, which works directly on jagged nerves to make them (and you) relax.

Drink Herb Tea

If you don't like milk—or are avoiding dairy products—try a cup of hot camomile, catnip, anise or fennel tea. All contain natural ingredients which will help you sleep. Most health food stores will also have special blends of herb tea designed to soothe you and help you get to sleep.

wow... thank you amie.. it's a lot of information.. thank you very much..

yups.. take a medicine will be the last thing that i will do..

i have tried some of your suggestion above. ask someone to give a back massage with vicks balm. and, i have tried the music thing... turn on the rain sound before i sleep.. and yes.. its works.. but, after few times i've tried that, its no give any effect to me...

hmm.. maybe i will try another suggestion from you...

thank you Amie....  :)

Sama sama Wisanggeni....remember only consistent efforts will bring desired results..one more thing avoid smoke after 8 pm and start some physical activity. Cheers:)

Ow... :o smoking can affect sleeping problem? well.. i am smoker... maybe that's why i have this problem...

thank you again Aime... cheers!

my insomnia level is advanced ++ lol i sleep around 1 or 2 am, i used to think same, stay online looking for chat browsing here and there ' but thats even worst especially if im havin exciting conversation makes me even stay up til morning lol .. i tried pillow spray, put on cafe del mar, aromatic candles doesnt  really work for me...tho i might  consider try that back massage, sounds interesting, but where to find someone to give massage at 2 am lol..
normally i read a book til my eyes tired & i fall asleep, im talking very boring, thick book, my fave, maybe you should try that, it works for me :-)

Insomnia... oh,it is a desease for the single people. :) If u r tired, very tired, u will only want to sleep ur eyes right away, want to sleep, there will be no problem with sleep.

For me, milk is the way to lose all the pressure. It is also give us strength. Too much mind is caused by too tired to work, too stressed out, if it happens always it can make us lose vitamin D a lot. So eat vitamin D which is calcium, don't forget. U will see the difference.

I used to hard to sleep. After i ate calcium, i feel much better, can sleep well. N milk.

Hopefully this is useful.  :)

Hello susi salam kenal :-) thanks for sharing , but i dont drink milk ? anything besides milk, and drinking tea aint working either for me :(  lasnite i slept around 3 again, n dont think insomnia has to do wit being single tho :d

hi bronis and susi.. salam kenal.. :) thank you for sharing about this topic..

turned out, this to be a very interesting topic to discuss.

and i have a simple way to deal with it... by turning off all lights in the room, turn on a sound like the sound of rain or sound of the waves.
maybe everyone has their own way to solve their sleeping problem... :)

I heard in the past that one way to sleep well is to excert yourself in the day - prefably by doing exercises or keeping fit with those little strenous workouts. Then come to bedtime, you feel tired and head to sleep and rest well.

As wisanggeni mentioned each individual has their way of combating their own sleeping issue.  :sleep

:cheers: jazzy851

hmm, im new here in jakarta, left my family in manila. and yes, i sleep around 2am too, maybe sleep 8pm but ill wake up in 2 am which is worse because i'll stay up all night.

im near a mall, what i do is i jog around the parking lot.or do jump ropes. i get tired, i take a bath, i go to bed, next thing i know, i dont know. haha im sleeping. :)

@PhilCoulson - so may be exerting yourself does work then :):sleep

hi jazzy851, yup, i think it does work. maybe for me though. :)

maybe we just have a lot of energy inside that's why we are kept awake. :)haha

i didn't mean it is u, brownies. The singles, i meant.

but I think there is no connection between insomnia and being single.. well... i don't know yet.. :unsure if I get married someday, whether this insomnia can be lost or not... :unsure  I will tell u later about that... :D hehehehe... :D

but, for me insomnia happen because our improper sleeping habits. When I was a kid, at 9 pm I can be a sleeping beauty on my bed. but when i go to the university, this sleeping habits became worst, i became an insomnia. because I have to work on school assignments until the night, even till the morning. especially when I have to write a thesis. I could not sleep until morning, because I have to finish my thesis. and this happen for 3-4 month. so, this kind of sleeping habit become something usual for me.

However, what was said by Phil may have a point. maybe we can not sleep, because for some people, as an adult people, we still have a lot of energy in our bodies, so that's why our bodies do not feel tired at nite... :cheers:

but, thank's god, i already have my own way to deal with this problem.. and, i'm still single... :)

Actually there was no connection between insomnia itself with the singles.

I think the insomnia itself is if there is a good movie on TV then u can't close ur eyes u can't miss it. :) he he... Way a go TV Channel!