Meet New People

Hi, Ive not been in Lebanon very long and I am looking to meet some people. Does anyone know of any social events or organisations / activities that might help?

Thanks!

Hi KatieLebanon,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Maybe you could give us a brief introduction of yourself?

I wish you get lots of new contacts here.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Katie,

It seems like are enough of us looking for an expat club for us to start one of our own.  Perhaps I will make a new topic suggesting we do this and asking what places/times for meeting would suit people.

Jenn

Of course as we land in a foreign country it seems "safer" or easier to meet other foreigners. They can understand our experience, our fear. Till now I didn't heard about such place (perhaps because I wasn't looking for :) ). Going to gym, or some cultural center can help to start connexion.
I know that French cultural center propose different activities (exhibition, movies ...).

This forum is also an opportunity to catch some advice from people arrived before.

Are some people interested to meet during the coming week end ?
Good luck to all the new Lebanese resident :)

Some meeting would be great!  I'm in! :)
It is so nice, if your country has a cultural center. I am from a small country so I can't find any compatriots here, in Lebanon, nor cultural centers, of course...
Are there more people willing to gather?

No success for the moment :)
Don't hesitate to meet new people !

:D

Weekdays are better for me (to meet up) than weekends but I realise this is probably not the case for most people on this forum. 

Is Hamra a convenient meet-up place for others?

For me weekdays are ok after work and if i'm not travelling :)
And no problem for Hamra. For next week it's not possible for me but the following it should be ok. Let see !

For me-the same-next week I can't, and the following I think I could! Which day of the week-doesn't matter...

Wake up ;)
Who's interested for next week ?

How about Wednesday or Thursday of this week?

For me both are ok, if there is no late change in work schedule :)

Looks like we might need to postpone till we get a few more people. . .  ;)

Sure, it seems it's not a good week ;)
Come on guys and girls, there is many people registered as living in Lebanon !

So, nobody alive here :D ?

i am in guys !! tell me when ? must be after 5

take care !

i'm not expat, but i'd love to meet newpeople. i'm in

Hi Thhea,

Where are you leaving in Beirut ?

Anybody interested for sharing a drink thursday evening ?

Edited..

You miss nothing as I had no answer :)

Sounds good for tuesday for me. For me after 7PM (time to come after work :) )
Let's see

So did any meetups happen?

Nope, but we can definitely schedule something and give it another try.

I should be in Lebanon by May/June. If you guys dont get your act together by then, Ill be sure to organize something once I get there :p

It's not easy to find a date. Hope we will suceed before you arrive for the first time :)

hi guys going to Lebanon in April ;) and will like to meet or have a night fun around a beer! let me know thanks

Hi IŽm in Beirut now, looking for new friends!

Hi Meirelles and welcome to the forum! :)

Francesca

hello all, I just arrived in Lebanon last night and Im looking forward to making new friends.. anyone down?

Hi Carina,

Welcome to Lebanon. Where will you stay, in Beirut ?
I'm not there till friday, but after can meet if you want.
Good luck

@nafro- Can you please introduce yourself? :)

Aurélie

There are lots of social events in Lebanon. check lebanesesocial.com or livinglebanese.com

Jurgitage wrote:

Some meeting would be great!  I'm in! :)
It is so nice, if your country has a cultural center. I am from a small country so I can't find any compatriots here, in Lebanon, nor cultural centers, of course...
Are there more people willing to gather?

Would be interested for a coffee, i just moved recently to lebanon

Carina_ wrote:

hello all, I just arrived in Lebanon last night and Im looking forward to making new friends.. anyone down?

If you still in lebanon, yeah sure why not...new friends from different countries would be always fun:)

I would love to come to Lebanon too! :D