Living in Guinea Conakry

You are living in Guinea Conakry, or you used to live in Guinea Conakry.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in Guinea Conakry?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Guinea Conakry?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Guinea Conakry?

Thanks in advance for your participation

i having been in conakry but im strong believe is a good place to be well i wish u best if u can make it to visit there too

Dear friends I have worked in Conakry almost 3 years,if I could help,will be happy here are some importing things to do,or not to do.

1-Never ask for ice when you drink something,because they  will not procude ice with distilled water,you can be sick.

2-Always try to drink something bottled and be sure that it is opened by your whitness ...,bear,water,coca cola what ever.

3-Dont walk alone in the night try to go with friends or by car.

4-If you drive police,always will try to stop you and ask for money if it's your daily regular way do what  he wants for the first time but next day will be the same ..don't worry smile and gently go on don't stop.

5-Keep always cleaning jell or soappy stuff with you,they like shake hands and unfortunately hands are not clean.

6-Take your maleria medicine daily.

thats what ı can remember now..
bye
Cengiz

Hi,
I'm new here in this blog and I need to learn more about Guinea to help some expats in my work.

I hope contact people who live or had lived in Guinea Conakry.

Best regards
Bruno

Hi Bruno

Welcome! Best advice is to look around on this forum to collect all useful information that has already been published and have also a look at the Guide of Life in Guinea Conakry.

Happy surfing on this forum :)

Arlette

Dear friends,
If you want to go guine,you must/can speek frenc.allways must alert.very litel pupel speek english.allways/remember your embercy,mobail nomber and the person you must contec.

Best Regards
Baluchandar

hello everybody!
my name is Bruno, I was posted in Angola and will now move into Guinea Conakri...

will be very happy to get in touch with expats living in Guinea... I speak english, french, spanish and portuguese.

thanks,
Bruno

I living in Conakry now, so if you need some info, just ask me... Regards.

Rokot13 wrote:

I living in Conakry now, so if you need some info, just ask me... Regards.

Hi MY NAME IS rUBI I'm from cOSTA rICA ,Iwill like to Know the average salarie for an structural Engineer in Conakry

Hi and welcome on board Rubi!

Maybe you should start a new thread on the Conakry forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand

I would like to know if there is residential zone in Conakry with apartments with minimun conditions to live. Is possible i will go to work in Conakry. If there are this zones ....where are? (I need the name of the town) near to....etc...
Other question
Is very dangerous? I want a car with driver to transport me into the city. Is there  supermarket with good conditions? . Hospitals?

Thank you so much

Is possible some pictures?

winafrica wrote:

Dear friends I have worked in Conakry almost 3 years,if I could help,will be happy here are some importing things to do,or not to do.

1-Never ask for ice when you drink something,because they  will not procude ice with distilled water,you can be sick.

2-Always try to drink something bottled and be sure that it is opened by your whitness ...,bear,water,coca cola what ever.

4-If you drive police,always will try to stop you and ask for money if it's your daily regular way do what  he wants for the first time but next day will be the same ..don't worry smile and gently go on don't stop.

5-Keep always cleaning jell or soappy stuff with you,they like shake hands and unfortunately hands are not clean.

6-Take your maleria medicine daily.

thats what ı can remember now..
bye
Cengiz

Hi In  guinea Life os not so tough although there is nothing for refreshment except night clubs, few small super markets are there, but little expensive,

Hi there!

Hi everyone we supposed to be in Ghana but our country of destination changed.

will be in Guine conakry on the first week of september any club for women expat or expat activity in Conakry?

Thanks

Marie

Winafrica wrote this

[1-Never ask for ice when you drink something,because they  will not procude ice with distilled water,you can be sick.

6-Take your maleria medicine daily.]
I donnot agree with most of the advise, but we are all free to share opinions.
1-We do produce ice water, just ask for ice "coyah water" at the right places. That's a sachet distilled water.
2- what can they possibly put in your bottle if they opened it? poison? that's a non-funded conspiracy theory. Moreover, you have canned and carton packaged drinks also...
5- Depends on who you are greeting, i think that the same in every country. Even in the States.
6-Taking daily malarial medicine? seriously? that's not even healthy, anyway ask a medical doctor's advise.

I do agree with 3 and 4.

Cheers.

please can i get to know you more better because am planing on coming to conakry but am from nigeria

Hi samklef and welcome to Expat.com,

Please note that this is a very old thread.

For more visibility, it would be best if you could create a new discussion on the Guinea Conakry forum.

Why did you choose to move to Guinea Conakry? Do you have relatives there?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Closed