Initial move to Perth, very skeptical!

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are moving to Perth soon from Ireland and Canada, respectively. We've found a good, shared, rental house where we want to stay in Bayswater, but we're a bit concerned about the cost:
The house costs the tenants $720/month total + utilities. With us moving in, there would be 6 tenants. We've been told that if we both move in and share a room, we would still each have to pay the division of $720 / 6. Is this normal? Paying per person, even if we're sharing a room? I've heard of paying a percentage on top, but not paying double.
Further, we would be expected to pay a bond of 4weeks rent upon arrival. The approximate cost of our first month, each, would be $1042 with everything factored in.
Can anyone tell me if this is an outrageous price or if it's somewhat normal??

All help is really welcome!

Thanks

It sounds pretty normal... You would probably be better of getting a studio though, then you don't have to share with 4 other people and it would be approximately the same price.
Me and my boyfriend are planning on moving over to Perth soon from Sydney. We applied for a 4 bedroom house, had to pay one weeks rent ($600) just to apply, and then if we get the house we have to pay 2 weeks rent in advance and then 2 weeks rent as a bond. Very expensive but we will hopefully find someone else who wants to move in with us.  Would be able to get an apartment much cheaper but it's all about the location I guess...

Ok, thanks for that.

How come you and your boyfriend decided to take a 4 bdrm house instead of a studio apartment?

What was it like living in Sydney (cost, location, shared, etc.)?

Also, what was the actual rent like for your house in Perth? Is it 600/week, too?

we just couldn't resist the house and the view that comes with it I guess :P and I like the fact that it's a house so I can play music without neighbours getting annoyed with it.. and yes the actual rent per week is $600. It's actually pretty cheap compared to Sydney. Right now we live about 15 min outside Sydney in a 3 bedroom house (but you can't really call the third bedroom a bedroom 'cause u can barely fit a bed in there) and the rent is 580/week. The house is pretty much falling apart, it's disgusting, I hate it and it's really not worth the money.

When are you moving over there?