Iqama Transfer

i am doing job in govt university as lecturer,but now i have got a new opportunity in another university with some good package.is it possible to transfer my iqama from this university to the new one.As the new employer agree for the transfer of iqama.also let me know how much time it takes and what will be the status for my family.moreover is there any draw back for doing this and what is the exact procedure for transfer of iqama on same profession.

Seems the current employer is your first sponsor; Have you completed 2 years with them?

You can change sponsorship if the above condition is met AND your current employer agrees. Legally, anyone can change sponsorship for the max of 3 times (but actually many people get it changed more than that). If you are getting a better package, do go for it. There are no drawbacks.

As for your family, YOU are the sponsor. If you change your iqama sponsorship, they have nothing to do with that.

The procedure is like below:

- Ask from the HR of the new Univ a letter called 'Demand Letter'
- Give it to your current employer and get from him the 'Release Letter'
- Submit this letter to your new employer with original Iqama and passport.

That's it! The new employer's HR will take care of the rest of the procedure. The process time varies between 15 days to 2 months.

@ TLL - You rock buddy !! :top:

Good to read your comeplete insight in all the Govt matters. Belive me, I will be the first one to get in touch with you, incase of any requirement/hassles. :)

Tx @Saimans, And you're welcome ANY time.

@ TheLegendLeads one person is working here in free visa and he want to transfer is sponsorship to the Cooperate company (IT)  and got the letters approved from the first sponsor he can transfer but the thing is he need to authenticate his documents( completed some college) not graduate can he transfer to the company.
Can he authenticate his document if he completed some college.

He got the demand letter from the IT company. Still he can transfer if he not graduated.

Your the right expert person

Documents authentication is usually required while:

1- Changing the profession
2- Applying the family visa

For transfer of sponsorship, they review:

1- The Nitaqat category (color) of the new company
2- The CR (Commercial Registration) of the new company and does it allow the transfer of the said profession? For example, an electrical engineer can't be transferred to the sponsorship of a law consultant company.

I have seen many CRs and most of them will contain areas of work as : IT Spare Parts, Trading, Re-selling etc. The registrants always use wide open terms to keep the future things flexible. I belive, that guy will get the transfer easily ISA.

Can he authenticate his document if he completed some college. :)

Nop, I don't think so.
Attestations etc are for Univ degrees only.

@TheLegendLeads thank you very much. The paper work for him still under process, i will update once i hear the final from him.

Regard
Wilson

Hi , I have arrived on independent visa which is called kafil visa two months back in Saudi Arabia. My profession is amil shakhan tafreeh . I got a Masters qualification from United Kingdom, i got a very good job in one organization. My company wants me to transfer as soon as possible. If I cant do it by law then they want me to go back to Pakistan and come on their visa with  marketing profession.
My concern is what will be procedure for that, secondly is there any chance under the table to transfer before 2 years.

Please guide me what i do now, trust me i am so pissed off with my kafil, its hard to speak with him he mostly switch off his mobile.

any frined like legendlead please have a look and guide me.

The current scenario:
- Under an individual sponsor (aka Shakhsi Kafeel)
- Iqama Profession: Amil something (Laborer)
- Qualification: Masters from UK
- Have been with this sponsor since: 2 Months

Expected New Scenario
- Good company, good pay
- Visa: Available
- Profession: Marketing

I'm surprized what are you waiting for? A clear green from my side. Go back home and come on the new visa.

The only purpose of the kafil visa is to let locals buy a visa for 2,000 SAR from govt and sell it for ten times. Your kafeel has already earned that money and he cares a damn about you now.

Don't even let him know about your plans. Just get connected and let him know that you hate the place and are willing to leave. The NOC (No Objection Certificates) are an old-time story and are not required any more. So, there is no way he can stop you from coming back. However, don't mess up with him as he still has so many options to screw you. Just try for a smooth conflict-free resolution.

I'm afraid that if you'll let him know about your intentions, the first thing you must expect is a huge money demand to let you transfser. How can he let you go to anything better without ripping you off? So avoid any gesture like you're in need.

Dear thelegendslead

thanks for your reply, that was very quick. Could you confirm one thing, someone said that once you take khrooj (exit) from your sponsor you can't enter again into KSA before 2 years. Is that true. Your reply encouraged me to go back and come once again please clear if you have any knowledge about that. Many thanks

That is outdated info. Either you had to present an NOC from first employer; or to wait for 2 years to apply for a new visa. The rule was waived off long time back.

@Legendleads, I would like to ask a question regarding applying for another company here in Saudi:

Scenario:

My iqama will expire on June 2012, and my contract from my current employer is April 7, 2012. I applied in another company with great offer. So I decided to apply exit from my current employer since I finished my 2 years contract from them. I already got confirmation that I am hired from the new company and they will process my VISA maximum last week of April. I will go to the Philippines together with my new VISA and everything and will be back here in Saudi by last week of May.

The question is, can I enter to the kingdom in the same iqama? Tell me what to do.. Thanks

klipz16 wrote:

The question is, can I enter to the kingdom in the same iqama? Tell me what to do.. Thanks

Good Question, But logically and with my limited knowledge, it seems a NO. Looking fwd to the TLL's answer !!

I thought so. So, I need to wait until my iqama here in saudi will expire?

klipz16 wrote:

I thought so. So, I need to wait until my iqama here in saudi will expire?

I don't think so you will have to wait till your existing Iqama expires. Steps wud be, Take your final exit - Take NOC from the existing employer - Leave the country - Come back on the fresh/new visa - apply for new Iqama with the new sponsor.

@ TLL - correct me if I'm wrong !!

The steps @saimans has described are all correct except the NoC which is not required anymore. However, will be great if you get such a document from your current employer for any future ref. Hey, do get the experience certificate as well.

Hi,

Thanks to all of you guys. Now, i have no worries at all. And thumbs up for the immediate response. :)

I hav a good job offer in Saudia but I am with my current employer for last 10 months. I heard from here and there that current employer can issue release letter after one year. is it true. if this is my first job on this Iqama.

Dear Friends, I am working in Jeddah, as a Architectural Cad Operator & 3d interior Designer in one of the construction company, and i have all my diplomas is from private institute of my home country. my profession is as a Fanni Mechaniki in my Iqama, so can i bring my family on permanent family visa or not. pls. guide me.

@habel_ksa,

I always say there are 2 thumbrules for family residency visas:

1) You must hold an accredited degree from a recognized university.
2) You must have a good profession on Iqama. 'Fanni anything' is not one such.

Am afraid: 'No'.

dear all
i am working in jeddah, as an Electrical engineer also i am on a kafeel visa (free visa)and i came here in 2009
and my iqama was expired on 24 nov 2011 but my sponsor hasn't renewed my iqama yet, and now he (my sponsor) has asked me for transfer.
so my question is this...
my iqama is expired in this condition is it possible for me to transfer visa under another sponsor and new sponsor can renew my iqama???

your help will be appreciated

Regards

@ TheLegendLeads the guy who is working with me is already transferred. The process took almost 2 months for transferring from one sponsor to another Mnc company. Only he completed some college from commerce stream and in his iqama it shows Computer technician.
Hope you still remember we discuss this long back

Oh yes @wilson, I do remember. We discussed it in THIS thread on 26-March.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I believe, that guy will get the transfer easily ISA.

:top:

ayubanjum wrote:

dear all
i am working in jeddah, as an Electrical engineer also i am on a kafeel visa (free visa)and i came here in 2009
and my iqama was expired on 24 nov 2011 but my sponsor hasn't renewed my iqama yet, and now he (my sponsor) has asked me for transfer.
so my question is this...
my iqama is expired in this condition is it possible for me to transfer visa under another sponsor and new sponsor can renew my iqama???

your help will be appreciated

Regards

@ayubanjum, For transferring visa (sponsorship change - Naqal Kafala in Arabic), you have to have a VALID Iqama.

Here is the way: Ask your new sponsor to take control of the matter. Let him talk to your current sponsor and take the necessary documents for Iqama renewal. Your NEW sponsor will get your iqama renewed and transfer it to his name.

Don't worry, this has happened to me once. It's not a very uncommon case.

Note that there is a penalty on failing to get the iqama renewed ahead of expiry. 500 SAR as I remember.

Dear Brothers ,

This is genuine problem of my close friend , please guide wht he can do now.

I have a serious problem, I came here on free visa. I had maktab amal in Al-Hassa to deal with all matters,
one month back they closed the maktab and run away. The mobile is also switched off and our passports
are also lying with them. I have no trace and contact how to reach them or my kafil.

Could you please let me know what to do now, and what is the best way to track my kafil. I have never seen
him in my life all matters were delt with maktab amal not with kafil.

Please help I am in big stress.

@ crawley eagles go to jawazat office and inform them about your problem, first make sure your sponsor office is there or he changed the location. Try to ask near by if there is any bakala, bufiya shop they mite know what exactly happening.

Dear Wilson,

already checked with everyone, its not only me there are many ppl like me who are tracing them but unable to find him. My concern is if we go to jawazat what will be the consequences. What they do and you know Saudis attitude, are they going to detain me?.

If your iqama is valid, no one can detain you.

Actually you have confused two words. Maktab Amal is the official and common name of 'Labour court'. I understand that you are refering to a usual Maktab (office) who assists in legal matters.

Don't go to Jawazat, go to Labour court (Maktab-al-Amal). You'll find helping guys there. Just describe the case and they'll be able to help you better. The solution you need is authorization from court to change your sponsorship to anywhere you wish.

Hi,

I would like to ask if all sponsorship from company or kafil will be handle by goverment? Can you confirm and explain what will be the benefits? thanks

klipz16 wrote:

Hi,

I would like to ask if all sponsorship from company or kafil will be handle by goverment? Can you confirm and explain what will be the benefits? thanks

:) We are no authority to confirm @klipz16. We can just share what we know.

What I know is: They have been working on it since 5 years. They will present the plan to the Shoura (Parliament) who is supposed to approve it by 2012 end. Next year they'll start the implementation which may take quite some time. Corporate sponsorship will sustain but take a different form i.e. employees will be sponsored by Recruitment Companies. The 'person' sponsorship is planned to be eliminated.

So its not in this coming June 2012? Hmmm well, I have some inquiries regarding this issue.

I renew my contract from my current employer and the new company will hire me within this year when vacancy will open. But my current employer is not giving release to their employee. My question is, if I can't get release from my current employer, what I will do is to resign and get exit visa then come back in the new visa with the new employer. But any time I can go back here in the kingdom with the new VISA and everything?

Just a bit off topic (sorry). But I would like to commend the information @theLegendLeads has shared on this forum. A subject matter expert on government relations matter. Thank you for all the information thus far.:)

Dear anyone knows,
If you are on free visa and work on another company then your kafil. If by chance jawazat ppl ask you where you work. what we have to say . Yesterday they come to one baqala where i was buying things , they ask everyone to show iqama and they ask me your iqama is from Hail and what you are doing in Dammam. Tell us where you work dont lie i said i just arrived in dammam and i am looking for job these days. At last they let me go, i was just wondering what is the appropriate answer ? TheLegendLeads specially your answer is needed.

say that i am here to visit a friend . . and also keep one friend always ready to testify this for this reason ;)

klipz16 wrote:

So its not in this coming June 2012? Hmmm well, I have some inquiries regarding this issue.

I renew my contract from my current employer and the new company will hire me within this year when vacancy will open. But my current employer is not giving release to their employee. My question is, if I can't get release from my current employer, what I will do is to resign and get exit visa then come back in the new visa with the new employer. But any time I can go back here in the kingdom with the new VISA and everything?

i guess if you leave like this then he will surely put your name in black list of run away employees so its better to solve out the matter and take a proper exit unless you plan not to come KSA again

I consider Free (Azad) visa as something extremely weird. It's a common name rather than a legal term. Called 'free' coz it's free-of-job; not free-of-cost.

You've to touch down and look for a job on your own, bear all expenses incurred whatsoever on YOU. Once you get some work, you work illegal (as working for anyone else than one's sponsor is in all cases against the law).

If enquired, at no cost let them know that you work for someone else. Stand confident and handle the situation firmly.

Before one year expires (since you landed), prepare and get sponsorship changed to some decent employer (company, not person) without delays.

crawley eagles wrote:

Dear anyone knows,
If you are on free visa and work on another company then your kafil. If by chance jawazat ppl ask you where you work. what we have to say . Yesterday they come to one baqala where i was buying things , they ask everyone to show iqama and they ask me your iqama is from Hail and what you are doing in Dammam. Tell us where you work dont lie i said i just arrived in dammam and i am looking for job these days. At last they let me go, i was just wondering what is the appropriate answer ? TheLegendLeads specially your answer is needed.

Dear Members

I want to know if the company pays for the iqama issuence fees for childrena nd also renewal fees for family if they offer you a family status. or do you have to pay it yourself.

Any insight will be very much appreciated.

Thanx

Very good thread.

I have Same kind of Situation, Need Help.

- With Individual Sponsor from 3 years
- Profession - Mason
- I have Job offer in big IT Company
- I have Degree of Bechelor and Master in Computer Science (Not Attested from Saudi Embassy)

How can i transfer the Sponsorship as per laws as my profession is not related to IT.

Thanks for Info.