Tripoli International School

Dear All,

1Q I have emailed Triploi International School to have the details of the fees and asking also about the transportation; do they have transportation that reaches any area in Tripoli. I have received no reply. Any one can help please to let me know the fees and the transportation..

My daughters ages are 7 (this will be in the 3rd grade) and the other 4 (will inter KG 2 or 1).

This Tripoli Int. School is different from Int. School of Tripoli. Correct me if I am wrong. Because there is different web sites for these schools. and in Tripoli Int. Sch. there is an Arabic and Islamic Studies in the curriculum.

2 Q Also, please if you know other schools that has the British C. + Arabic and Islami Studies, please let me know.

Thanks

The school is called "International School of Tripoli" website is www.internationalschooltripoli.com

Fee schedule is available on the website under the Admissions tab.

They have a few buses for bringing children to / from school covering a few key areas, the cost of bus service is additional.

There is also the British Embassy school that covers the UK curriculum, not sure about Arabic / Islamic studies though.

Salam Siddiqui, Thanks for the info. But I am getting more confused.
The school you gave me is Int. School of Tripoli.

Try this website tripoliinternationalschool.com/ it's called "Tripoli Int. School" It's different from what you gave me. There is no fees under website for Tripoli Int. School. Their Tel Tel:  ++ 218 21 480 3333 / 480 9696.

I 'll also try the British Embassy.

Siddiqui wrote:

There is also the British Embassy school that covers the UK curriculum, not sure about Arabic / Islamic studies though.

There is not a "British Embassy School", there is the BIS (British Internatonal School), which follows the UK curriculum. It is not affiliated to the British Embassy.

The British educational system does not include Arabic/Islamic studies as a part of the general curriculum.

International School of Tripoli is a GEMS managed school with proper qualifed teachers.

It all depends on your budget and your preferences.

There is anther school called ISM (International School of Martyrs). They follow the Irish system. It is located off Gurgi Road near the satellite market.

There are two school with similiar names that is why the confusion.  Here is a list with some schools. ISM does offer Arabic as a course.  There are other schools as well such as a Pakistani school etc, but could not find contact info.  Here is a list of International schools in Tripoli:

Tripoli International School
www.tripoliinternationalschool.com

GEMS International School
www.internationalschooltripoli.com

The American School of Tripol
Admissions
Email: [email protected]
Cell: +218/91-381-9504         

Deutsche Schule
P.O. Box 6483,
Tripoli

Ecole de la Communaute Francaise
Rua A Yasmine,
El Andalous-Gargaresh,
Tripoli
http://www.lftripoli.org

ISM International School
P.O. Box 860,
Tripoli
Tel: (+218) 21 477-0094
Fax: (+218) 21 477-3185

The British School
www.britishschooltripoli.com
This school was initially set up by the British Embassy (that is why some still refer to it as the Embassy school), but now is run on its own.

Hope this is a help!

Bluejay, thanks that's a good help. But how much trhe fees in particularly for Tripoli Int. School. Because I can't find it in their website

hello

Not 2 sure about the fees but google doniaelibdaa. this is an alternative name for the school. you will get a phone number there, website is under construction.

Hi there. Tripoli International School (NOT International School Tripoli - the GEMS school) had fees this year ranging from 2200LD - 5000LD per year depending on the Grade.

Contact info for Tripoli International School:

+218-21-480-333, +218-21-480-9696,

[email protected], [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I know that most people posting had primary age children - but the school will be adding at Grade 10 class next year and adding IGCSE's.  Also, they'll be running a summer school program for anyone who might be around for the summer and needs something for their kids. I know theirs is a much cheaper option than some other summer school programs.

Hi all

I just wanted to say that the GEMS School - International School Tripoli fees is not 2000 to 5000 it's much more than that it's start from :-
Tuition Fees
2010 - 2011 Academic Year

Category

Year

Age on Entry

Cost (US$) p.a.

Play School    (Pre-Nursery)    2 Years    7,000
Foundation Stage    KG 1 (Nursery)    3 Years    8,500
    KG 2 (Reception)    4 Years    8,500
Key Stage 1    Year 1    5 Years    13,000
    Year 2    6 Years    13,000
Key Stage 2    Year 3    7 Years    13,500
    Year 4    8 Years    13,500
    Year 5    9 Years    13,500
    Year 6    10 Years    13,500
Key Stage 3    Year 7    11 Years    15,500
    Year 8    12 Years    15,500
    Year 9    13 Years    15,500
Key Stage 4 (IGCSE)    Year 10    14 Years    17,500
    Year 11    15 Years    17,500
6th Form - IBD/A Levels    Year 12    16 Years    19,000
Year 13    17 Years    19,000
Application/Testing fee is US$300 (375LYD) non-refundable

An Admission fee as a one off fee at the time of registration - refundable only if we are unable to offer you a place. The Admission fee for Primary is US$1000 and US$1500 for Secondary

School fees are due in the first week of each term. International School Tripoli reserves the right to re-consider a child's place should school fees remain unpaid.

Late Payments: late charges will be applicable to all invoices as follows:
1-30 days late: US$500 (624 LYD) per child
30+ days: referred to the Executive Committee to consider further action to take

Discounted fees are available to employees of companies who register by prior agreement, but to qualify, full year payment must be made by 14th October 2010.
Discounts are as follows:

10 pupils or more from one company - 5% reduction in individual fees
20 pupils or more from one company - 10% reduction in individual fees

Additional English Language lessons (EAL) for students requiring additional language support are available. Fee: US$4,000pa

Additional individual and small group instrumental music lessons - US$1,000pa

Bus Transport: 1,200 LYD per year (Please note: all transport fees are required to be paid before students can have confirmed places on the buses).

Stationery will be available for purchase at the beginning of the school year for students from Year 3 upwards

School Uniforms are available for purchase from BHS shop (British Home Store on Gargaresh street).

Students entering external examinations (IB Diploma, IGSCE, A Levels), will be required to pay fees. As the fees are set by the examination boards and vary from year to year, parents will be notified and invoiced of such fees prior to the examinations.

i have twin sons that i am planning to bring in, but these info sounds like pay,pay,pay with mccartney and late micheal jackson:(

the quality of education is to be checked....

anyıne had any kid like doing 3 or 4 grades here then returning to an american or european school? how did they fit in with the class when they returned?

thx

The tripoli Internationl School that SafiaD is talking about is not the same as International School of Tripoli (GEMS Managed).

These are two separate schools not inter-related.

We are planning to enroll our at GEM International School on 2nd sem. But as of now he will do home study with me. He's 7 and will be in the 2nd grade. I was hoping you can help me what kind of lessons or books GEM is using so I can have material for my son.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Izel

P.S
thanks by the way about your infos re: household.

Hello! We are planning to enroll our son at GEM Int'l School but it will be on 2nd sem as we will arrive there on Dec. But by now my 7 yr old son as 2nd grade will do home study with me. I was hoping if you have any ideas which books school is using for 2nd grade. So, I can prepare him.

Thank you! Appreciate your help!

Izel

For your daughter aged  4 Ys  (will inter KG 2 or 1).
I advise you to see Planetkids Nursery School in Essiyahia

They have Pre-KG1, KG1 and KG2 classes, 10 kids each class. The curriculum is Montossori education.
It's one of the best nursery school in Tripoli

www.planetkids.com.ly
[email protected]

+218925389891 or 0914301562

TIS does not have the best reputation.

(TIS formerly known as Donia El Ebda, let's not get it twisted with GEMS)

i dont recomand gems school i can see that the fation part  and having boyfriends and girl friends in the school is the main line of the school

Some spots are avilable in KG1 , you can find  Pre-KG1, KG1 and KG2 classes, 10 kids each class. The curriculum is from Montossori education. Transportation is also offered.

Regarding Fees 100 LYD for Registration Fees , 4000 LYD for tuition Fees one year ( Sep to June ) Transportation Fees are 100 LYD , can be more depending of your area .
It's one of the best nursery school in Tripoli with : Busy Busy, Little nomades and Littles Ang.

For information :

planetkids.com.ly
[email protected]

+218925389891 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +218925389891      end_of_the_skype_highlighting or 0914301562

susu10 wrote:

i dont recomand gems school i can see that the fation part  and having boyfriends and girl friends in the school is the main line of the school

It's pretty much like that anywhere, TIS, GEMS, ISM.. but GEMS seems to have the best educational standard. Just stay away from the bazaar.

The American International School of Tripoli is very good with high academic standards. We were there one year.  My daughter now is in school in Calgary and she finds the Calgary school much easier and the students "coddled". 

Not that we were mean to our AST students - rather, we expected them to do their part of the learning.  No spoon feeding.

for me i'll never put my kids in Gems school from what i have seen my self

and for Moha hassan we can see that it is kind of adverisment since you the manegar of the school we are searching for something seariose here

Moha hassan wrote:

Some spots are avilable in KG1 , you can find  Pre-KG1, KG1 and KG2 classes, 10 kids each class. The curriculum is from Montossori education. Transportation is also offered.

Regarding Fees 100 LYD for Registration Fees , 4000 LYD for tuition Fees one year ( Sep to June ) Transportation Fees are 100 LYD , can be more depending of your area .
It's one of the best nursery school in Tripoli with : Busy Busy, Little nomades and Littles Ang.

For information :

planetkids.com.ly
[email protected]

+218925389891 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +218925389891      end_of_the_skype_highlighting or 0914301562

Kindly do not advertise in the forums. Could you please insert an ad in Tripoli Classifieds -> Classes, Other instead?
Thanks
Arlette

@ susu10
Today 02:21:14
for me i'll never put my kids in Gems school from what i have seen my self

now I`m a little offended!:/ The school-uniform in GEMS is a "must be" by the rules. It looks elegant and nice. The teachers and kids are respectful, friendly and polite. The school is a great view! I heard only the best about GEMS before and since my child joints there it is happy and gets good results. Nearly all nations are there together and it is wonderful to see how kids and the school is able to break borders and all are same human beings - isn`t it wonderful. :)

justice4pal wrote:

The American International School of Tripoli is very good with high academic standards. We were there one year.  My daughter now is in school in Calgary and she finds the Calgary school much easier and the students "coddled". 

Not that we were mean to our AST students - rather, we expected them to do their part of the learning.  No spoon feeding.

My bad, I totally forgot AST for some reason! Definitely agree with you there justice.

Izel wrote:

We are planning to enroll our at GEM International School on 2nd sem. But as of now he will do home study with me. He's 7 and will be in the 2nd grade. I was hoping you can help me what kind of lessons or books GEM is using so I can have material for my son.

Izel .

Hi. IST (Gems) school is following the British national curriculum. You can get some idea of what they learn from this website- standards.dfes.gov.uk/schemes3/ . Year 2 will be Key Stage 1 and they have SATS tests in Literacy and Maths in June. You can download previous years SATS question papers from the internet by searching for the same on google.You can also get a lot of online activities/games based on the british curriculum on the bbc website- bbc.co.uk/schools. Hope this helps.:)

expatlibya wrote:
Izel wrote:

Izel .

Hi. IST (Gems) school is following the British national curriculum. You can get some idea of what they learn from this website- standards.dfes.gov.uk/schemes3/ . Year 2 will be Key Stage 1 and they have SATS tests in Literacy and Maths in June. You can download previous years SATS question papers from the internet by searching for the same on google.You can also get a lot of online activities/games based on the british curriculum on the bbc website- bbc.co.uk/schools. Hope this helps.:)

Thank you very much for the help! I am also using this website to my son tlsbooks.com/spellingworksheets.htm

Hi all.

I would like inform all who want to learn Arabic Language and they are looking for Private Teacher to teach him in their home or any place agreed just call me for this number [moderated: please post in the classifieds > classes]
the teaching in Arabic with English explanation
Writing & reading
promise you to learn...

Thanks

I have kids in American School of Tripoli and this is our first semester here. Being in 3 other international schools before, my kids love the school very much and from the school program, the homeworks, tests and the teachers, and my kids progress report,btw we just got our first quater report card yesterday, I'm so glad we chose this school for our kids and will gladly do it again.
FYI, my oldest one is in grade 8 and the youngest is in Kindergarten-both are exemplary students!

Lost Nomad,

As a former teacher at AST, I am very glad to hear you are happy with your choice to go there.  I ws very happy working there. Great staff - teaching, admin and support. Wonderful students.

Do you mean American School in Tripoli?

yes...AST = Am School in Tripoli

HI MY NAME IS HEND IM 4ROM EGYPT MY SON IN Gems school 7 yrz hope 2 know u as family and know ur wofe we are living in janzor.

Hi, there!
Ur queries kind'a seemed similar whence we were moving in last year to tripoli;so here are the details [our son is in the 7th grade and very happy with the school environ,teachers etc ]:-
A. IT IS CALLED "IST-GEMS AFFILIATED"
B. THE SCHOLL FOLLOWS BRITISH CURRICULAM TILL SECONDARY LEVEL
    AND INTERNATIONAL BACCALUREATE OR IB DIPLOMA THEREAFTER.
C. THERE IS A NEW PRINCIPAL IN Mr MUNDY WITH Mr POLLOCK HAVING
    MOVED ON TO GEMS DUBAI.
D. ALL TEACHER'S ARE FROM IB POOL AND VERY WELL TRAINED.
E. SINCE WE MOVED OUR SON FROM A CORE IB BOARD WORLD SCHOOL IN
    DELHI,INDIA WHEREIN HE WAS IN 6th GRADE HENCE HE WAS PLACED
    IN 7th GRADE OUTT'A HERE ; 13 I/O 12 GRADES!
F. IT DEFINITLY AIN'T HAVING A HUGE CAMPUS TO BOAST OFF BUT   
    CATERS TO BASICS WELL WITH A LARGE INDOOR GYM & POOL.
    EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS ARE VERY GOOD AND SCHOOL DOES HAVE A
    REAL MULTI CULTURAL HUE : PITY THOUGH THE SCHOOL DOESN'T
    PROVIDE ANY IN/HOUSE LUNCH / REFRESHMENTS
G. FEES CHARGED ARE MOST DEFINITLY ON THE HIGHER SIDE BUT
    PERHAPS THAT GET SPENT IN MOTIVATING GOOD LOT OF TEACHERS
    TO MOVE IN HERE :cool:
H. HOWEVER THIS PERHAPS IS THE ONLY SCHOOL IN TRIPOLI WITH A
    REAL GOOD BUS SERVICE--PICK CHILDREN FROM ALL OVER TRIPOLI!
`GUESS REST U LEAVE TO EXPERIENCE.NO??
  ADIOS!
:cheers:

Hi guys,

could you please use lower caps in your messages ? We would really appreciate

mintoo wrote:

F. IT DEFINITLY AIN'T HAVING A HUGE CAMPUS TO BOAST OFF BUT   
    CATERS TO BASICS WELL WITH A LARGE INDOOR GYM & POOL.
    EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS ARE VERY GOOD

Let's hope grammar and spelling are top of the curriculam (sic).

:)

For INFORMATION

1. GEMS - will not be re-open for 2012-13
2. AST - american school -  will not be re-open for 2012-13
3. British school the same only for 2013-14

The two schools are open:
1. ISM School (Oil School)
Principal - Donna McPhee
www.ismlibya.ly - Tel: +218 21 477 4285 / 0094
PO BOX: 860   
Hai Alandalus - Tripoli, Libya

2. TIS - Tripoli International School
Principal - Graham Lind
email: [email protected]
www.libya4education.com Tel: +218 21 4803333/9696
PO BOX: 6456
AL-FALLAH-SWANI ROAD - Tripoli, Libya

Thank you darkz - good info - a number of people have been asking on different posts....hope they all see this one!!  :-)

if your children are grade 4 and under you might check out ladybird school on Facebook