Coffee?

Hi everyone!

My name is Carolyn and I recently moved to Kenya to teach at an international school.  I hear that Kenyan coffee is very good and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up or could tell me a good place to go? I'm from New York and will be living here for at least the next two years.  I hope everyone is enjoying their time in Nairobi!

Hello Carolyn and welcome to Expat.com!

Don't forget to tell us how was the Kenyan coffee.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks!

Hi Carolyn!

Infact I am also an expat just came in Nairobi, a month back...

I liked the place called Dormans...

I also plan to stay for 2 years and may be friends...who knows?

Awaiting your response...

Suraj

Yes I've been asking around and Dormans and Java House seem to be the two that everyone recommends.  Where exactly might one be? Thanks Suraj

Hi!

They are present in almost all the major malls around...like WestGate/Junction/Sarit Centre etc.

Thanks...

Okay- I've been to Westgate. I believe I've seen Dormans there.  I'll have to try to find junction and try it.   I'm trying to branch out of Westgate and find other interesting places-wish me luck! haha  Thanks for your help

..Hei welcome to kenya...as a coffee addict and a grower of the tree...i would recommend u visit an ethopian restruant the make magic out of the kenyan coffee...dormans,java n savannis is where every1 goes for coffee but daint mean they r the best...f u would like to venture out n treat urself to the different coffee brews give me a shout

There is a Dormans and Java at Junction, Java at ABC Place and Yaya Centre, Dormans at Village Market...........to name a few.

Java better for food - they have a more extensive menu.

hey! try as well Karen blixen coffee garden, artcafe ngong junction ...all the best as you sample

Hi, Dormans and Java House are good, but I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Art Cafe!.. But if you visited Westgate Mall, I am sure you found it yourself. Art cafe also has a branch at Junction Mall. I love their coffee(s) and especially their cakes, such as Tricolad, Capuchino and Passion Fruit cakes. Have u discovered your favorite desert yet in Kenya?

Thr are amny nyc places, for a coffee.. Exotica westlands, dormans, java, art cafe, thre ane are many, different in different shoping malls.. Mostly most r common, books' first also offrs nyc coffee, :) hw abt a coffe with me

snow_speed wrote:

Thr are amny nyc places, for a coffee.. Exotica westlands, dormans, java, art cafe, thre ane are many, different in different shoping malls.. Mostly most r common, books' first also offrs nyc coffee, :) hw abt a coffe with me

I totally agree. There are so many places that you could go to. Savannah, Wimpy and 680 burger house also have very nice coffe.

You can also join a team of other expatriates on a trip to Naivasha this Saturday,the 19th of May. The trip costs Ksh. 2,700 if we will be 25 and above and Ksh. 3,000 if we will be less.
We meet in town at 9:00am,outside the Bata shop at Hilton so that we can leave together. Lunch and transport provided.

You can get back to me(since I am the one leading in the planning):

Email: heelsandvalise[at]gmail.com