New Member / Part-timer

Cumprimentos a todo o mundo!

New member here and part-time resident wannabe. Looking for a niche to finance this dream. All replies welcome.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Welcome to Expat-blog. One way to finance your dream is start saving as much as you can now. Remember the US Dollar is worth R$1,78 so it almost doubles when you bring your money here.

Another way is to start looking for a job in Brazil before you leave home. Many major US companies operate here too.

If you have any kind of hobbies that could earn you an income you can sell your services or handicrafts here.

The list of things you could do is long. All you need to do is use your imagination.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

What a great post William! Any "dica" for me who I am living in Bahia (near Salvador de Bahia) since January?!

I am really looking forward to meet people from out of Brazil, too.

Favre,

I see from your little flags that you are Spanish, if your English is also good you could teach both Spanish and English in Salvador. They are both popular languages. Schools here are more likely to give jobs to teachers who have more than one language.

Thank you for your message William!

I am already working here in Bahia and, honestly, I do not know from where I could get some time to teach people.

My concern is more related with what to do when I am out of work, especially during the weekends. I am single and it is not always easy to find someone to share hobbies and when you have the family and friends at 8000Kms from here the business is even worse, lol.

Having lived in Bahia before I know firsthand how friendly the people there are. Go out and make friends on the weekends, it's easy... just be yourself, treat everybody with respect and they will soon see how interesting you are. Everyone will want to be near you. Trust me, they are like than in Bahia. Start up a conversation with people you don't know, make small talk and you will see how quickly they respond to your gesture with their friendship.

The more friends you make, the less you will feel the loneliness for your family. I know, I've been living here in Brazil for ten years now and my family is in Canada. It has been very painful at times, but I have made many good friends and now have a new family here too. Making the first step isn't easy, but your happiness is in YOUR hands.

Thanks again Will!

I hope to be soon adapted in this new life! Now I am living a bit far from Salvador (Lauro de Freitas) and not having a car yet also does not help me a lot.

If you come to Bahia for something, please let me know because I will be more than grateful to invite you a "cerveijinha".

Regards

Josep

Hi guys!! I'm wondering if anyone can help me!?
I'm planning to move to Salvador, Bahia in 2 months but i don't have a work visa or permit!!?
Is it possible to go there, secure a job and then get the work visa or is there a process of simply applying for a work visa itself?
Please help, i'm irish and it's hard to find people who have moved there and work, live etc !!
I'm an english language teacher and hoping to work there doing that!
Thanks!!! ^_^

Hi and welcome on board Shelly1!

I would suggest you to avoid posting on a different threads but start a new one on the Brazil forum for better visibility ;)

Regards
Armand