From Dubai to Melbourne - anyone out there?

Heya, I moved to Melbourne 3 years ago with my husband from Dubai (lived there all my life).

Am looking for people in Melbourne who have moved from Dubai as well - anyone?

Lived in Abu Dhabi for 16 years...welcome!

Hi there, thanks for your message. where abts in melbourne are you based? i live in point cook.

Hi Sharmah, I love in South Yarra. I just moved to Australia 3 weeks ago from Canada.

sweet...hope you settling in okay. if you feel lost, gimme a shout :-)

I have been in melbourne for 3 years now.

Hi Everyone,

New to the group, Indian,Keralite, currently residing in Dubai, have been here for the past 30 years. I'm planning to move to Melbourne by the end of this year. Started preparing at an early stage. Kindly request all your help.

I'm planning to move with my family. Just worried about how to find a not so expensive accommodation until I find a job. Prefer staying where there are keralite /indian communities so that my family would be comfortable.
My domain is IT Security and wish if this location can be close enough to technology companies or CBD which would make it easier to attend interviews.

Appreciate all your help and support.

Hello Soccerplayer and welcome to Expat.com.

You are a bit off topic.

Concerning the accommodation, you can post an advert in the section housing in Melbourne. It will be helpful.

Thanks,
Aurélie

Hi Sharmah/ MYani,

Funny thing... i had posted a similar subject line a few months ago ... I am Indian expat too and hav been in Dubai for over 5 yrs now. I think Dubai is def a gr8 place and would recommend it anytime to ppl considering the move

But like most south asian expats here, I tried my luck for the Aussie PR as well(u knw most of them try for UK /Canada and the likes... )and i guess i am lucky to hav managed to hav got one.
So end of this yr i am plannin to move MEL ... so was lookin for som advice in netwrkin/ jobs and the likes ... Would hav been gr8 if any1 from dubai/UAE who is plannin to move in the nxt 6 months ...could meet up or exchange ideas ...

Nevertheless would also like to knw ur experiences thus far .... given tht 3 yrs is a decent amount of time ... so wats u r verdict on MEL vs Dubai ?? :)

Cheers
aRUN

Hi Guys,

As Arun has mentioned, it would be interesting to know about MEL vs Dubai.

This is crucial to understand and plan accordingly. 

Cheers

Did anyone say from Point Cook? ...I'm from point cook moved from Dubai last year