Travel Insurance from Romania - HELP!

Hello everyone !

My travel insurance has just come up for renewal but I no longer live in the UK and my trips wont be origonating from the UK so I cant get insurance from there now. I am a UK resident tho.

I currently live in Romania and I pay taxes so I would be able to get insurance here. Does anyone know of good companies here that offer travel insurance?

I know about World Nomads back home but they are too expensive. Any other options from UK that would let me start my tip outside of UK?

Thanks for your help !

The bank, BCR, do travel insurance and, indeed, long-term stay insurance. The don't have an insurance desk in every branch but there might be one branch in Oradea that does it (try the biggest one).

Edit: Here apparently:       

Agentia Oradea
Oradea, Str. Dimitrie Cantemir nr. 2/C, etaj 1

By the way, when you say you want travel insurance, do you want to insure yourself when you travel FROM Romania to somewhere else, as a Romanian resident, or insurance yourself now in Romania ('travel' meaning that you are now in Romania rather than back home in the UK)?

They do both kinds anyway, it seems. Don't know if they are any good. I used them, and it was easy enough to set up the policy, but fortunately I never had to make any claims so I can't comment on how easily they pay up if something happens.

Travel meaning for when I leave Romania to go on holiday and then return here.

Do you know if they can do it over the phone / web?

Thank you for your reply! :)

Looks like you can get it online here:

http://www.bcrasigurari.ro/asigurari/ca … avel-plus/

@scott

Traveling insurance does not depend on you paying or not paying local Romanian taxes.

If you are living in Romania and want to travel abroad, and wish to have travel insurance, any insurance company in Romanian will be able to offer this service.

Try Generali, Omniasig, Groupama etc etc. It's cheap and you can easily get insurance online as well through an insurance broker or directly at the insurance companies.

i am a brit and used to live in romania ... we used this company for our travel insurance FROM romania as an EU citizen .... very helpful people

alctravel.eu