Successful job interview in Sint Maarten

Hi,

passing a job interview in Sint Maarten can be a stressful moment, especially you are not familiar with the cultural and professional codes of the country.

How to successfully pass a job interview in Sint Maarten ?

What happens during the interview ?

What are the do's and don'ts during a job interview in Sint Maarten : what to say or not, what to wear, how to behave ?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with us !

Julie

Hello!

I am an expat currently working here in Suriname, South America. I had colleagues (from the Netherlands and Dutch Caribbean) who work part time with us and they recommended that I try to apply for a job in Sint Maarten.

So I sent an email to a prospective employer, and after one week, they replied and scheduled me for a telephone interview. The interview went well, it was like a conversation of two professionals getting to know each other. I got interviewed in the morning, then in the afternoon of that day, I already received a job offer and contract from them.

I decided to take the offer after 2 weeks of thinking about it, then the company sent me all the procedures and requirements for the work and residence permits to be able to live and work in Sint Maarten legally. And this is the stressful part, since I have to go process my birth and civil status certificates for legalisation in the Netherlands embassy. It took around 2 weeks for this to be done, and was sent to the company thru fedex.

Another document, a police certificate, is also taking a long time before I am able to submit to the company. It takes six weeks after application for this to be released to you here in Suriname. At this point I still dont have it in my possession so my application for the work and residency permits are left hanging until I am able to forward this last document to my employer in Sint Maarten.

I hope all the documents would go well as I am already so excited on my move to Sint Maarten. After all documents are submitted, it will still take around 4 months before I get an approval to move into the country.

I'll keep you posted. I hope other members would also share their experiences here.

Ciao!

Thanks for your contribution rogue_maverick!:top:

Harmonie.

Good luck, Sint Maarten is great!

Hi Betsyhomeparamaribo

Please note that you are a bit off topic here as the discussion is about feedbacks on successful interviews and we expect members to share with us their experiences .

Have you ever been there and did you apply for a job in Sint Marteen ? :/

Maximilien