Marrying Saudi woman..!!

it is possible to marry a saudi woman if you are nonsaudi???

Every Thing is Possible :)

But if you are asking about the legal process...

it not that easy to think about

thanks

Yes of course you can and it's very easy.

Misory - its not easy !!

i have heard - you have to pay to the girls family a Big amount

as HAQ-MEHAR - and its very expensive the arrangements as well

- i hope you are married :)

as far as i know ! NO :
i heard a story in a magazine when a saudi women who had married to a iraqi...so she had huge problems ! she had a kid and the KSA ban the kid of staying with his mum and oblige her to send him with his dad in iraq ! and sence it was war period the mother was too worried and she mingled around to tackle the situation with responsible and legal ways but she lost all !
besides as i know,the woman who get married to a nonsaudi even if he is Arab can't get her inheritence part for this reason!

amanittatun wrote:

as far as i know ! NO :
i heard a story in a magazine when a saudi women who had married to a iraqi...so she had huge problems ! she had a kid and the KSA ban the kid of staying with his mum and oblige her to send him with his dad in iraq ! and sence it was war period the mother was too worried and she mingled around to tackle the situation with responsible and legal ways but she lost all !
besides as i know,the woman who get married to a nonsaudi even if he is Arab can't get her inheritence part for this reason!

:lol:

How credible when the source of the knowledge is (I Heard!)

We'll depending on the circumstances, and this thing can be occurred in Jeddah a lot since they are a more open society.

Mahar which is the money that to be given to the bride just similarly to the ring and wedding expenses.

since Saudi community in Riyadh isn't that much social with foreigners, you don't find such a case.

By the way, in Pakistan, It is no easy to marry a tribal woman! just similar to Saudi!

Same thing with Whites in America when they oppose interracial marriage

Also, you would rarely see an Indian man with a while or Chinese woman even though they are neighbors!

I believe it is all about adopt the cultures and changes!

Well You do have Problems here to Marry a saudi girl

One of My friend who is originally Pakistani ~ but being brought up in saudia most of his life - he can speak fluent Arabic and is also engaged with a SAUDI girl.

You can defiantly Marry a saudi girl , but you need to get permission from saudi Gov. and some legal issues as well.

The Problem is If she Marry the expat ( my friend ) they will reduce the privileges she currently have. She is currently working in some Medical field and studying as well.

so if she marry him now - they might cancel her privilege to study free as saudi Girl.

some thing like this :)

but if you don't have any problem - go ahead and Marry

Wish you a blessed Life Ahead :)

wp...much easier if you are not in KSA.

First, you must be Muslim in KSA to marry a Saudi woman.

There are the cultural issues (big price for woman never married before, little or no price for divorced one); legal issues (government hates it, on principle); property issues and loss of status issues for her.

It had better be a BIG love to overcome all the hassles encountered, IMO.

No ideas

I would suggest to you that you ask a Saudi girl or ask the ministry of inferior in Riyadh through their websites in English about your inquiry.

Was ministry of 'inferior' a typo?!?! 

Alliecat , you are heartless!

..although the F is not too far away from the T. yet it cud have eben deliberate for very good reasons, too

Yaa Shabab...

Its not Impossible ...

If you agree with the concept that to gain some thing you have to lose some thing ...

i am sure you can marry ...

and leave saudia :P

oh sure, theres NO such thing as a FREE lunch

People are so misinformed and judgmental.
and even if you experience something it doe snot mena it is so for all.

I am from Europe and i married a Saudi woman 2010.
it took us 3 months to get the paper work signed in Jeddah.

u are allowed to marry a Saudi woman or man as a non Saudi .
Saudi Gov and some families are not that keen on it or down right appose it. usually the more tribal the harder it is.  but many have married and once you do you will meet saudis who have married Germans, British, Jordanian, Iraqi etc women and men.
it is just not the same procedure as in other countries.

you just need patients, be persistent and NOT GET ANGRY with the system.

Do your home work concerning the paper work and believe in your self and not others.

demleade wrote:

I am from Europe and i married a Saudi woman 2010.

Is this also a typo fault? :lol::lol::lol:
As per profile you're a woman!

^Maybe it's easier to be a woman and marry a Saudi woman! :lol:

demleade...thanks for contributing.  Naturally, we'd like a little more detail on the process you went through as others might be considering how to follow in your footsteps.

oooops,, yep typo,i am a male,,sorry about that:D

footsteps

step one meet a saudi woman
step too fall in love

then :)

i went to the father asked for his daughters hand
after that

1: a letter from the father saying he wants you as a son in law and asks for permission from the gov

2: a letter from the daugther saying she wishes to marry you and signed by two male witnesses ( brothers uncle etc )

3: id card and/or passport copy of the female

4: id card and/or passport copy of the male

5: id card and/or passport copy of the father

6: id card and/or passport copy of anyone else that is a witness of signed any document

7: Diploma / education of both the male and female

8: Shehadah papers from the male signed and authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and stamped by the saudi embassy

9: Certificate of good conduct of the man.

10: Birth certificate of the man

11: medical check up HIV, Hepatitis etc free
( you will be asked to do a new health check in saudi but the more papers they have prior the happier the officials are.

If you know someone who knows someone , it is easier of course,
In my case i knew nobody , so i got to know somebody and then proceeded,

If you don't know a prince or high official then get to know them.

anyway you send the papers to a gov office
me i choose Jeddah,

once recieved you get a number , call it a tracking number
you can always call and ask about your case.

personally you are better off going there personally and NOT calling, say hi, drink some tea or not and SMILE BE friendly even though you want to kill and strangle. ;)

and 3 months later i had the approval

that is it in a nut shell..

I can alsomattest to the fact that it is not impossible to marry a Saudi girl. I am personally not married to one, however, one of my good friends that i work with here in Riyadh is. He is an American citizen, adopted Islam, met his wife in the USA, and then he got a job here as a contractor. She has retained her Saudi citizenship, is  finishing her post grad studies (still provided by the government) and they are looking to purchase a home in Jeddah...

I am not sure about how hard the paperwork is, but i have heard it compared to the same amount of paperwork someone needs to obtain a job here...

TE

demleade wrote:

footsteps

step too fall in love

after that

1: a letter from the father saying he wants you as a son in law and asks for permission from the gov

2: a letter from the daugther saying she wishes to marry you and signed by two male witnesses ( brothers uncle etc )

6: id card and/or passport copy of anyone else that is a witness of signed any document

8: Shehadah papers from the male signed and authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and stamped by the saudi embassy

( you will be asked to do a new health check in saudi but the more papers they have prior the happier the officials are.

me i choose Jeddah,

personally you are better off going there personally and NOT calling, say hi, drink some tea or not and SMILE BE friendly even though you want to kill and strangle. ;)

AND WHO SAID "Romance is dead" ??????

I like the 'medical check up (HIV etc) bit...

class!

my advice to yo stay single and safe your money, it is difficult and expensive here in Sa.

@ demleade

I know a saudi girl and we want to get married... i saw your message and would like to ask a few follow up Qs .... i would really appreciate your help.

where can i find out abt the rules and regulation of marrying a saudi gal

is it compulsory to be born in saudia cause i was not born here

r u still in saudia or u left already and can u help me get to know "some one" here

thanks.

I know a saudi girl and we want to get married... i saw your message and would like to ask a few follow up Qs .... i would really appreciate your help.

where can i find out abt the rules and regulation of marrying a saudi gal

is it compulsory to be born in saudia cause i was not born here

r u still in saudia or u left already and can u help me get to know "some one" here

thanks.

demleade wrote:

footsteps

step too fall in love

after that

me i choose Jeddah,

interesting topic, i know that is is becoming easier. female physician saudi at my work married to non-saudi. initially the kids had less rights as sauid's, now the government is making these rules easier. it is allowed now to marry saudi ladies and yeh the procedure is not an easy one. not all women ask for high dowries. i guess as time goes by it is becoming easier. the biggest stumbling block is the father of the girl, if you pass that then the rest is paperwork.

its possible but not easy,, if u r asian, then very very difficult

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Topic is good. @demlead, as he said find girl and  fall in love then... so on this is one procedure to get marry with saudi woman but  I like to know in Saudi is there any marraige consultant or marraige beuru or matrimonial community to deal with  this. If anyone knows that Kindly share here.

As far as Document procedure, its from Govt. so, i dont have any objection and if you analysis the procedure its in the favour of woman and man, its kind a precautins of any any incident if happen in marraige life.

Jazakallah Khair.

Just don't get married. Case closed.  I have many arguments why it's better to be single than to be married, but I'll save it for a different thread.

Dave-KSA wrote:

Just don't get married. Case closed.  I have many arguments why it's better to be single than to be married, but I'll save it for a different thread.

No comments

except:

:offtopic:

@dave, I am not getting your comment and are you a muslim brother.

yes it is possible, if GOD will everything is possible. Indeed couple made in skies.

Desert Storm wrote:

How credible when the source of the knowledge is (I Heard!)

Same thing with Whites in America when they oppose interracial marriage

Also, you would rarely see an Indian man with a while or Chinese woman even though they are neighbors!

I believe it is all about adopt the cultures and changes!

False. In Western nations where racism and bigotry exists it is usually down to to illiteracy, immigration issues (where the immigrants are disrespecting the local culture) and/or inexperience with being neighbours with other cultures.  Our laws and customs embrace multiculturalism.  Anyone who is against it likely also practices acts that make them criminals.  Whether they are brought before the courts is another discussion.

I like your answer!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

@Dave-KSA

I liked your answer and can see the humor in this. However, there are many advantages as is disadv to marrying.

I have noted here in the KSA that many Western women who are alone, without a husband are like a cat. Their claws are out, ready to pounce…. as most are unhappy. As for the men, some are too, yet men are men and enjoy being a butterfly.

Marrying into different cultures; long-term it mostly does not work.

Each to their own, as long as one's life journey is happy.

@Dave-KSARe: Marrying Saudi woman..!! Just don't get married. Case closed.  I have many arguments why it's better to be single than to be married, but I'll save it for a different thread.

suzan wrote:

I have noted here in the KSA that many Western women who are alone, without a husband are like a cat. Their claws are out, ready to pounce…. as most are unhappy.

At the risk of appearing 'ready to pounce' :lol:  I must say that I've met unhappy married women as well as unhappy single women.  I'm not so sure happiness in general depends on one's marital status but I will say that IMO married people have an easier life in KSA.

Yeh, it's true...dying to get married then dying to get out. Guess we will never be satisfied. But true. Saudi is built for a family system. It can become tough for single ppl. Was in Riyadh and could not get into some if the malls as it was family time. Overall emmmmm ill go for married life, even if it is trouble. I think the system is a bit crazy that many ppl can't bring their families to Saudi . In addition Saudis have restrictions for marrying locals and family customs make it worse. Ppl have natural inclinations. So single life will not be easy under the current conditions, especially if the partner is a local....so tough

The best way is to go to Bahrain and get married in your embassy and then do a formal paper work in Saudi to complete the marriage registration, any way if you want to wait until you finish the formal procedure you could have a baby before the paperwork is finished.

Any studies to back that up?

The best way is to go to Bahrain and get married in your embassy and then do a formal paper work in Saudi to complete the marriage registration, any way if you want to wait until you finish the formal procedure you could have a baby before the paperwork is finished.

Sorry, that is not good advice.  This is the second time you have given highly misleading advice in the past hour or so.

The last thing you want to do if you want to marry a Saudi woman is to marry her outside the country, and then try to come back and have the marriage registered.  There have been many cases of couples doing that and then having serious troubles when getting back to Saudi, as the government has given them an extremely difficult time to recognize the marriage.

Trapezius wrote:

Any studies to back that up?

Sorry, that is not good advice.  This is the second time you have given highly misleading advice in the past hour or so.

The last thing you want to do if you want to marry a Saudi woman is to marry her outside the country, and then try to come back and have the marriage registered.  There have been many cases of couples doing that and then having serious troubles when getting back to Saudi, as the government has given them an extremely difficult time to recognize the marriage.

Trapezius
this is not a miss leading advise I Know a lot of people who did it from my country and it was registered her in Saudi, it is something related to religion, they will register it sooner or later because they are already married, and this is the fastest way and in front of the law they have a marriage certificate and it is valid wherever it is issued from, even if they need to rent a house or live together it is valid but they might require accreditation from the foreign affairs of the issuing country.

hola